Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

As it is now, I wouldn't mind looping what we have and hearing that over and over. I don't think there would be much of a difference tbh anyways. :\

Yeah, the only difference that I've noticed so far is that the second time the song loops in the actual game, there are more trumpets used. Other than that, it's essentially the same.

Time Eater is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHlNL7luBQ

Time Eater is our first song without a vocal theme backing it as a remix and...it kind of stunk as a final boss theme, so much so that when I play this on PC I allways use Sonic Boom or Sonic Youth as better fitting final boss themes. This theme is alright for the "OMG ITS THE MOTW!! LETS ALL LOOK ON IN SHOCK AS IT APPEARS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!" cutscene but definately not a final boss theme.

And if this is what to be expected in Lost World, then I'm not looking forward to it. and no, I don't see Wonder World or Windy Hill working as a final boss theme either even as a remix.

Time Eater, eh? That's why we can't remix music themes without vocals? Heh.

See, Time Eater's theme was not based off of Generation's theme song, though. Generations barely even established one. You assume several things which are simply incorrect:

1 - That if one game fails to meet a certain expectation, it is not possible for it to ever meet that expectation in the future (seriously I am so sick of this)

2 - That I am talking about music like the Time Eater's theme in the first place. Sonic Lost World has a very specific theme song that can be re-mixed, re-tooled and re-used throughout the game in itself. Look at the theme for Sonic Colors. It's a vocal track, an orchestral track, and the final boss theme, not to mention it's main melody is used as event music throughout the game.

• Thumbs Up 9

Time Eater, eh? That's why we can't remix music themes without vocals? Heh.

See, Time Eater's theme was not based off of Generation's theme song, though. Generations barely even established one. You assume several things which are simply incorrect:

1 - That if one game fails to meet a certain expectation, it is not possible for it to ever meet that expectation in the future (seriously I am so sick of this)

2 - That I am talking about music like the Time Eater's theme in the first place. Sonic Lost World has a very specific theme song that can be re-mixed, re-tooled and re-used throughout the game in itself. Look at the theme for Sonic Colors. It's a vocal track, an orchestral track, and the final boss theme, not to mention it's main melody is used as event music throughout the game.

But Reach For the Stars has vocals in it so it doesn't count :u

...ph34r.png

My point is that there doesn't need to be a vocal theme in a game that also can't have a good final boss remix. Not that a remix is even necessary to begin with. 

If you have a strong and catchy melody, that's what counts. Vocals don't necessarily make a theme song better, that is, unless that song didn't have a good melody backing it in the first place. 

• Thumbs Up 2

...ph34r.png

My point is that there doesn't need to be a vocal theme in a game that also can't have a good final boss remix. Not that a remix is even necessary to begin with. 

If you have a strong and catchy melody, that's what counts. Vocals don't necessarily make a theme song better, that is, unless that song didn't have a good melody backing it in the first place. 

While I do admit there doesn't need to be a vocal theme having them probably made it easier for sega to compose the final boss music for unleashed and colors though since those two songs were already pretty good and the orchestral remasters of them even better or just as good. Of course I have no doubt in my mind that sega could come out with a good boss theme for this game even if it doesn't have a vocal theme (which I hope it does but its not a dealbreaker...sorta).

Edited by megadude001

Seriously, if Masato Nakamura didn't have a vocal theme to remix for the Death Egg Robo, I'm sure Ohtani can make something as well.

That aside, I love Wonder World. The main melody just feels so much like a classic Sonic game's title screen, kinda like a "back to roots and moving on from there" kinda deal! The piano bit's really cool, too~

And this is why I love Tomoya Ohtani and Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra. Wonder World is just so beautiful. I've been putting this on every morning, it's just so happy! I put it on the same levels as The World Adventure for just how much enjoyment I have from this theme. None of the orchestral themes we've gotten so far have really surpassed one another, they've all been on this consistant level of high quality in my eyes.

As for the WIndy Hill Short version, I still love this theme. But the ending... that unexpected ending to the song... "Why yes good sir, that was quite the delicious cherry on the spectacular sundae!"

I want my hands on this full OST now. I really want this OST right now.

As towards this current discussion, Ohtani can pull of a great final boss theme with or without a vocal track. It would be great if we had both, but it can be done.

Edited by Zavok

I have to admit, the Deadly Six theme is absolutely one of my favourite music pieces from the whole games. Goddamn Master Zik's song is unbelieveably awesome to me. 

Just a heads up to people in the UK.

If you order from CD Japan, you WILL be hit with a heavy custom fee. For some reason, regardless as to where you live in the UK or what postal option you pick, CD Japan orders almost always result in custom fees... boo!

Don't know if this has already been posted:

SLW soundtrack is available for pre-order on the site cd.japan.co.jp

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WWCE-31296#

The release date is 27/11/2013. $40.93/£25.32

90 tracks on 3 discs.

Hmm, still no tracklist. Sega must still be quite adamant on keeping mum on what to expect in this game...

Just a heads up to people in the UK.

If you order from CD Japan, you WILL be hit with a heavy custom fee. For some reason, regardless as to where you live in the UK or what postal option you pick, CD Japan orders almost always result in custom fees... boo!

False.

Recently ordered 3 Albums from CD Japan since it was the only place to get them, chose EMS and it got here in a few days without customs.

It all depends on your customs office the day your parcel comes in, it's pretty hit and miss now with the new rules.

Edited by Zeena
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just wanna say that Windy Hill 2 is just spectacular. It takes every I hate about the original, adds a flute and some sambaness and is so goooooooooood.

It sounds so much more inspired and really fitting for the sunset.

maybe remixes will save this ost's butt

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone ever had any experience ordering from yesasia? I'm not sure if their customs fees are just as bad as CDJapan.

Has anyone ever had any experience ordering from yesasia? I'm not sure if their customs fees are just as bad as CDJapan.

Free Shipping, normally no custom fees on single albums you buy separately, you do tend to get customs if you order more than one Album in the same package, it's all down to shipping units, and the SLW OST is 3, which is the largest an Album can get.

God bless Woun.

Man, I can't wait to get clean rips of the entire soundtrack. I'd buy the actual OST but uh...*looks at all the money he doesn't have*...

God bless Woun.

Man, I can't wait to get clean rips of the entire soundtrack. I'd buy the actual OST but uh...*looks at all the money he doesn't have*...

Don't worry. Upload it soon.

About Windy Hill Act 01 -- soon.

• Thumbs Up 1