Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

That track actually made me cry. It's so beautiful!

The level itself makes it even better. Grinding is so amazing in this game.

Quick review of things so far:

• Main theme - A bit Mario-esque in places (as a fair amount of tracks appear to be) but a lovely orchestral theme overall and some triumphant hits to it
  • Windy Hill Act 2 / 4 - I love the main Windy Hill theme but this seems like a softer and more chilled take, coming off better for it in some ways
  • Desert Ruins Act 1 - Shamar gone sick! The jazzy nature and liberal use of brassy instruments with the middle-eastern flavour add up well
  • Tropical Coast Act 3 / Lava Mountain Act 2 - Winner! Such a beautiful almost melancholy piece with the beat still driving it forward like he chillout part of a DnB album; wouldn't sound out of place in modern Final Fantasy either in the best possible way.  
  • Deadly 6 theme - I get a NiGHTS vibe from this, especially the brassier versions but there's enough variety in the takes on this that it grows on you
  • Sky Road Act 1 - Feels like flying; serene yet energetic.  Triumphant endgame happening here.
  • Final Boss - The sheer mix of instruments with the apocalyptic and driving build makes this another winner that were it not for my already declared favourite above would hold the top place
  • Believe in Myself SA2 ReMix - Wow! Other than some jingles I didn't expect a ReMix in the game but this is just so well done I grinned ridiculously wide when I heard it.  This game has all I need.

Some points of reference for the faves;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFtb4wtxjy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Csj1L03Rw

Edited by spunodi
  • Thumbs Up 2

^ I can't disagree with any of those choices. I especially love the version of the Deadly Six theme with the violin emphasis.

Still, it's a bit of a shame that nobody's mentioned Silent Forest Zone 2. That accordion is orgasmic beyond belief and meshes in perfectly with the night setting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Full, clean Windy Hill Zone 1. So good I can't even

If only that anonymous douchebag from my school didn't rob me of my eatbuds. ;n;

Welp! Time to play this over Modern GHZ! *drools*

heavy_reaction.png

Man, are you the one that recorded those songs? If so then I DEEPLY LOVE YOU. And if you aren't the one that recorded them then I STILL LOVE YOU FOR LINKING IT. 

Now to wait for someone to upload Desert Ruins Act 3. Ooooor Frozen Factory Act 1. 

lol Nope. But thanks. XD

Wait, how'd you do that Octodad? Does the 3DS version have a soundtest or a sound option?

But I really love you for these. 

Specially for the Deadly Six theme. <3

So, apparently there's no way to turn off the voices ad SFX on the Wii U... Which means no one can record the theme of the final boss... Well... FUCK.

Recording the 3DS music myself.

Title Screen

Special Stage 

Tails' Lab

Windy Hill Zone 2

Windy Hill Zone 3

Boss Theme

Desert Ruins Zone 1

Desert Ruins Zone 2

Asteroid Wisp

Sorry about files sizes. It's 4:30am and I'm just throwing these out there.

YEEEES! Finally I can unite my computer and player with some if this glorious music!

So, apparently there's no way to turn off the voices ad SFX on the Wii U... Which means no one can record the theme of the final boss... Well... FUCK.

Well apparently the 3DS has a soundtest, so I wouldnt lose hope just yet.

I fear that even with the Sound test, there'll be tracks missing, since the 3DS has less levels than the  Wii U version...

That's true, but it's better than nothing, right?

We'll just have to wait for the OST in November, I guess.

I'm playing through both versions at the same time but only ripping the 3DS songs right now. I can do Wii U exclusive versions afterwards. Right now though I need some sleep! If no one beats me to it I'll continue within the next 4/5 hours.

Not from what I've heard, the 3DS versions of Desert ruins are outside for act 1, inside the tower for act 2, and outside again for act 3

Windy Hill Act 3 sounds like right out of Rhythm Thief. Which is no surprise since Tomoya Ohtani produced the OST as well.^^

Recording the 3DS music myself.

Title Screen

Map Theme

Special Stage 

Tails' Lab

Windy Hill Zone 1

Windy Hill Zone 2

Windy Hill Zone 3

Boss Theme

Desert Ruins Zone 1

Desert Ruins Zone 2

Asteroid Wisp

Sorry about files sizes. It's 4:30am and I'm just throwing these out there.

Top notch there Octodad. I'll include you in the description of thanks when the ripped OST is released for my youtuber's

Also...

pLYxG3N.png

Sweet jesus that Asteroid theme!

Edited by Red

The 3DS has volume controls, so you can turn off all SFX and record the music of anything, even if the sound test does turn out to be incomplete.

Of course, tracks that don't appear in the 3DS version can't be helped.  Only a month til the OST though.