Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

I love all 15 minutes of this!wub.png

Wow, for such a underwhelming final boss, it sure has some dam good music; beats the final boss themes of Generations and Colors without question.

It sounds like some kind of blend of the Egg Dragoon fight from Unleashed and some really great orchestra elements, quite a awesome combination :).

A Ripped Soundtrack someone said. I'll create it in mid November - Early December I said. Hah! Since there are a few songs out, I might aswell do it just about now. Link is in the video description and it's still in progress so don't expect all the tunes to be in this. If any you find are decent and clear enough, please feel free post the link to them and you may be added to the description of thanks.

Edited by Red

No vocal theme, pity, but I guess I'll have to do. Guess SEGA's officially retired that trait... :(

At least the final boss theme makes me very happy. That violin and electric guitar work AWESOME together. It's got a great mixture of sadness and tension; it reminds me of With Me just a tad in that respect.

No vocal theme, pity, but I guess I'll have to do. Guess SEGA's officially retired that trait... sad.png

It's been two games

One was an anniversary title that they didn't want to give any theme because it's supposed to celebrate past Sonic games

• Thumbs Up 1

I love that, barring Time Eater, the last three main games have all had a touch of emotion and melancholy to their final boss themes at some point, though I do wish there was actually emotion in the storyline to back it up a bit.  Still, melancholy touches always makes stuff automatically more epic so I ain't complaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been two games

Three, actually. SaASRT counts because it lacks a vocal theme and the original SaSASR had one.

I'm also bummed out that this game doesn't have a vocal theme. I usually really enjoy them, despite how cheesy they can be.

• Thumbs Up 1

It has been three games, yes, but the fact is that main Sonic titles had vocal themes unbroken from SA1 to Colors. That's 11 years of tradition, so half of Sonic's lifespan... removing it for Generations made sense to avoid alienation on a title that was supposed to unite all fans in their love for Sonic's longevity, but that there's not one in this game makes me ponder if the change will be made permanent.

Guess I'll just have to count on fans to set lyrics to the main themes from now on if that's the case. Ah well! sad.png

It'd be nice to have Bowling for Soup back, Endless Possibilities is easily the best vocal main theme we've ever gotten.

I adore RFTS too :P But yeah, EP was great. It was more fitting of Sonic himself than any of the Crush 40 themes, and more fitting with the times that Ted Poley is. And while it's a shame that SLW doesn't have a vocal theme, Wonder World is the first orchestral piece that really works well as a theme tune for a Sonic game. World Adventure and Theme of Sonic Colours kinda sucked at that.

Can I just say I love Tropical Coast Zone 2. And here I thought tropical music couldn't possibly work in a Sonic game

Silent Forest Zone 2 really is growing on me. It sounds so calming and mysterious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZUhpf7tMkE

I really can't wait for the stealth section of this song, it sounds so much more tense and creepy. Dunno about you guys, but this song in general has a slightly sad edge to it for me. Despite the wacky piano and accordion (?), it sounds like what someone like Zor would be humming to themselves.

• Thumbs Up 5

I was just thinking about the Tropical Coast 3/Lava Mountain 2 track and I think it might be one of my favourite tracks in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_Z4Etv_Ho

You put this track into context (at least for Lava Mountain 2 anyway), the cutscene after the level is the one where Sonic is all alone.  Tails has been captured, Eggman dropped off a bridge and he wasn't able to get in contact with Amy and Knuckles.  The track in my opinion really helps prelude to this.  The piano and violin combination are outright gorgeous, with the minor chords and arpeggios really helping to convey the emotion, whilst the percussion and synth help to drive the piece forward.  I just find it so incredible to listen to and honestly did quite a bit to make Lava Mountain 2 that little bit less frustrating (it's still a complete pain in the ass to beat though). 

I cannot get over 0:49 at all.  It's just so gorgeous.  I never thought I'd hear such a perfect swell of violins like that in a Sonic game soundtrack, it's like one of my favourite orchestral sounds.  Though 1:10 is certainly the prettiest part of the track overall.

• Thumbs Up 5

I was just thinking about the Tropical Coast 3/Lava Mountain 2 track and I think it might be one of my favourite tracks in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_Z4Etv_Ho

You put this track into context (at least for Lava Mountain 2 anyway), the cutscene after the level is the one where Sonic is all alone.  Tails has been captured, Eggman dropped off a bridge and he wasn't able to get in contact with Amy and Knuckles.  The track in my opinion really helps prelude to this.  The piano and violin combination are outright gorgeous, with the minor chords and arpeggios really helping to convey the emotion, whilst the percussion and synth help to drive the piece forward.  I just find it so incredible to listen to and honestly did quite a bit to make Lava Mountain 2 that little bit less frustrating (it's still a complete pain in the ass to beat though). 

All of my yes. ALL OF IT.  This without a doubt is one of my Top 5 favorite tracks in this game. The strings, the piano, even that synth towards the end!

Jez, you took the words right out of my mouth. 0:49 is my favorite part of this track. That swell just makes my heart do the same: swell.

Especially in context, this sounds so majestic and bittersweet. I can feel  the pain in this song. I just... I just can't stop listening to this song..

Did anyone ask for Honeycombs? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qlKvUVkew

...oh wait, I'll listen to this for a good 15 min, 30 min, 4 hour, Oh GOD WHY IS THIS SONG SO DELICIOUSLY CATCHY?!

*whew.* The Bustling Beehives are roaring with influences of Empire City. It's so fast paced, it just gives me goosebumps listening to this.

You guys know how much this just screams Sonic the Hedgehog? I've shown this track to a few friends of mine, without any sort of context. No "artist", no "album", no release date, nothing. Just "hey guys, check this new song out. It's so catchy it's ridiculous." Within the first 8 seconds, they asked me, not even knowing that I was a Sonic fan: "This sounds like Sonic. Is this a Sonic song or somethin'?"

Another in my Top 5's and another reason that this is my new fav. 3D Sonic soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone ask for Honeycombs? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qlKvUVkew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmrWeliK4fk

After countless videos of NOT!Desert Ruins Zone 2 (actually the 3DS version / the "indoor" version of Zone 1) someone was finally able to upload it prior to the soundtrack with no SFX!

Of what I've heard of the other tracks in this game they are pretty great, but damn this one is easily my favorite and I'd even declare it the best track in this entire game. The guitars, the beat, the sax, it's so jazzy and funky and upbeat it's like a lovechild of Stardust Speedway JP's jazz approach and Unleashed's Empire City asfghjklahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tl;dr Kudos to you man, you have made my day. Thanks.

Obligatory crap picture of Sonic with sunglasses in honeycomb stage.

7ww.png

Apologies for the lack of music on my part. I've damaged my back and can't get out of bed. Is the entire soundtrack ripped yet or are we still missing some tracks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmrWeliK4fk

After countless videos of NOT!Desert Ruins Zone 2 (actually the 3DS version / the "indoor" version of Zone 1) someone was finally able to upload it prior to the soundtrack with no SFX!

Of what I've heard of the other tracks in this game they are pretty great, but damn this one is easily my favorite and I'd even declare it the best track in this entire game. The guitars, the beat, the sax, it's so jazzy and funky and upbeat it's like a lovechild of Stardust Speedway JP's jazz approach and Unleashed's Empire City asfghjklahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tl;dr Kudos to you man, you have made my day. Thanks.

Obligatory crap picture of Sonic with sunglasses in honeycomb stage.

7ww.png

Thanks, but I wasn't the one who got it, all the glory should go to Crunchii who managed to grab this theme.

Apologies for the lack of music on my part. I've damaged my back and can't get out of bed. Is the entire soundtrack ripped yet or are we still missing some tracks?

Well, if I recall correctly, we still need Sky Road Act 4, Zavok's Boss theme, Lava Mountain 1, the Rock remix of the Six's theme and the theme of when Zavok uses his ''Full Strenght ''

Here's a shortened version of Desert Zone Act 2 that lacks the "Hey, let's go!" voiceclip (it can be heard in that 15 min extension version as well as a few other videos of the song).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14veyU7ZNZU

Thanks, but I wasn't the one who got it, all the glory should go to Crunchii who managed to grab this theme.

Well, if I recall correctly, we still need Sky Road Act 4, Zavok's Boss theme, Lava Mountain 1, the Rock remix of the Six's theme and the theme of when Zavok uses his ''Full Strenght ''

All I need are the ones Ratcicle King said, but also the options tune (if there is one) and the Wisp themes from both the Wii U & 3DS versions.

Edited by Red

No wonder the soundtrack in this game is somewhat lacking compared to other recent games in the series, especially the ones where Ohtani has taken a lead/major role. He practically did the entire soundtrack by himself, instead of the usual entourage that sound team consists of.

ly4d.png

I really like some of the music. All four DR tracks, WH1, 2 & 4, FF 1 & 2 are my favourites. The rest is pretty take it or leave it though. TR is especially naff.