Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

Honestly I don't think this OST is lacking at all.  Only tracks that didn't particularly take my fancy were Sky Road 4 and Lava Mountain 3 (Lava Mountain 3 is particularly disappointing as it's the penultimate level of the game).  Every other track to me ranged from good to spectacular.  I'd put this in my top 10 (possibly top 5) Sonic OSTs of all time personally.  And the fact that Ohtani pretty much worked on this OST single-handedly proves really shows how much of an incredible and diverse composer he is.  

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 9

I'm very eager to see what tracks Naofumi composed.  It was very random that he just composed two map themes for Colours but even a small contribution like that is cool.  I'm trying to think what quirky tracks he might be behind - Sky Road 1 maybe?  The pinball machine?  I'm sure we'll be surprised.

No doubt that Yukata Minobe is at least partially behind Tropical Coast 3/Lava Mountain 2 though, considering he brought us gorgeous melancholy gameplay tracks like Lost Impact in Shadow and Deep Woods in Black Knight.

Takeshi Wantanabe isn't a name I recognise, and seeing as he has no SEGA Retro article I'm guessing he's a newcomer to the music team.

Sigh though.  Still no Fumie Kumatani...  Come back my love.

I'm very eager to see what tracks Naofumi composed.  It was very random that he just composed two map themes for Colours but even a small contribution like that is cool.  I'm trying to think what quirky tracks he might be behind - Sky Road 1 maybe?  The pinball machine?  I'm sure we'll be surprised.

No doubt that Yukata Minobe is at least partially behind Tropical Coast 3/Lava Mountain 2 though, considering he brought us gorgeous melancholy gameplay tracks like Lost Impact in Shadow and Deep Woods in Black Knight.

Takeshi Wantanabe isn't a name I recognise, and seeing as he has no SEGA Retro article I'm guessing he's a newcomer to the music team.

Sigh though.  Still no Fumie Kumatani...  Come back my love.

NiGHTS DLC music (link), since he was the original composer of NiGHTS OST. I think that's his only involvement with this game, since he was credited as additional composer, and nothing else.

Edited by Jango

NiGHTS DLC music (link), since he was the original composer of NiGHTS OST. I think that's his only involvement with this game, since he was credited as additional composer, and nothing else.

Urk, forgot about that.  Well damn, wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that was the case when Jun said on Twitter that Ohtani and his team did the OST, which means that Ohtani mostly went solo as compared to previous OSTs and just got 2 or 3 people.

He did hire a lot of other Japanese talent for instruments and all.

Not exactly my fancy I guess, since I kinda miss Kumatani and Mariko Nanba and all those people.

(yeahcanijustgetthesatbkteamwitheverysinglepersoninsidebackthanks)

Urk, forgot about that.  Well damn, wouldn't be surprised.

I just played through the 3DS version again and was pleased to find the Credits play if you beat the Final Boss again.  Naofumi is credited in the 3DS version despite the lack of NiGHTS DLC.  On the flipside though, the Japanese voice actors are credited despite not being featured in at least the European version of the game, so it could just be a copy/paste job regarding the parts of the credits that logic dictates would be the same across both games.

I just played through the 3DS version again and was pleased to find the Credits play if you beat the Final Boss again.  Naofumi is credited in the 3DS version despite the lack of NiGHTS DLC.  On the flipside though, the Japanese voice actors are credited despite not being featured in at least the European version of the game, so it could just be a copy/paste job regarding the parts of the credits that logic dictates would be the same across both games.

If it's anything like Gens 3DS, the Japanese voice track is on the cartridge, but SEGA made them only accessible to 3DSes that have a Japanese text language option; in other words, only Japanese 3DSes, which in my honest opinion, is stupid, since there's actual full cutscenes in the game this time around, and the people who prefer the Japanese voices (such as myself) will be forced to stick with the English voice track.

zv4n.jpg

Forgot all about this, does anybody know anyone who got the JP version and can rip this pre-order soundtrack?

I've got 2 of these since I pre-ordered the SEGA Store limited edition of the 3DS one to review for Sonic United, and it also came with the SLW 3DS XL accessory kit.

When they arrive I'll probably give my thoughts on them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good job on finding these. And I'm seeing that he has recorded all the music via sound test. Nice!

Edited by Red

Good job on finding these. And I'm seeing that he has recorded all the music via sound test. Nice!

And right now the same account has Lava Mountain 1, the Rock Remix of the Deadly Six, and Zavok's boss theme from Sky Road.

Edit: Just noticed, Silent Forest 3 Is Wii U's Silent Forest 2, but slightly different

Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IgEB3KeWDQ It has a nice beat added to it

Also, Slient Forest 2 on the 3DS has Desert Ruins 3 Soundtrack, so thats how they got it...

Edited by Ratcicle King

Oh hey I never noticed that added beat.  It'd be cool if these three versions are made into a medley on the soundtrack.  Makes sense that the 3DS has an added beat though, the night-time ruins area is much more fast-paced in its 3DS iteration.  Kudos to them for making the effort.

Edited by JezMM

And right now the same account has Lava Mountain 1, the Rock Remix of the Deadly Six, and Zavok's boss theme from Sky Road.

Edit: Just noticed, Silent Forest 3 Is Wii U's Silent Forest 2, but slightly different

Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IgEB3KeWDQ It has a nice beat added to it

Also, Slient Forest 2 on the 3DS has Desert Ruins 3 Soundtrack, so thats how they got it...

Which I noticed earlier. pretty epic, but cuts out the extension. Took me all day to get all the clear music and edit them to add the tune extension, but was worth the time.

Anyway, here's the guitar solo version

Edited by Red
  • Thumbs Up 3

QUESTION.

Do the Deadly Six (besides Zavok) share the Zone 2 boss fight? Or do they add some new thingamajig like that part we've heard in a Zik trailer?

The theme in the master Zik trailer is in Zor's first boss fight also here is the rock remix of the deadly six Lava Mountain Zone boss rush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Sl9imSAmY&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by Time Eater
  • Thumbs Up 1

Which I noticed earlier. pretty epic, but cuts out the extension. Took me all day to get all the clear music and edit them to add the tune extension, but was worth the time.

Anyway, here's the guitar solo version

Just finished extending this baby for 15 minutes, totally my new Ringtone, sorry White Space E.G.G.M.A.N. you're still great, but this is a whole new level.