Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

*cough*

You all can lambaste me to the furthest reaches of deep space all you want, I think Crush 40's cover of Seven Rings in Hand is terribly lame.

• Thumbs Up 7

You all can lambaste me to the furthest reaches of deep space all you want, I think Crush 40's cover of Seven Rings in Hand is terribly lame.

I prefer it insanely to Steve Conte's version. Not as good as this bad boy though: 

Really? I think Seven Rings in Hand is lame no matter who sings it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely one of the series' weirder eras.

Some of Secret Ring's soundtrack was great, though.

...place...place...place.

Definitely one of the series' weirder eras.

Some of Secret Ring's soundtrack was great, though.

...place...place...place.

Mend it, mend it, mend it...

Unawakening Float is still my favourite Sonic track of all time.

Funny. I love that song too, but I keep hearing the phrase "Freedom Bell, Freedom Bell, Freedom Bell, Freedom Bell."

It's after the line "Must a float away." My hearing must be odd. 

This game's soundtrack ... I simply love it! smile.png

I mean, really, I love just about every music track it offers. Even the cutscene music, which I would usually consider mostly average in previous games, was surprisingly great this time around. Right now, while it doesn't quite top Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure 2, it's still in my personal Top 5 Sonic soundtracks.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is the best "Seven Rings in Hands"

Crush 40 wasn't in Lost World oddly enough.

I always had a soft spot for this version, mainly because I played Black Knight before Secret Rings.

For the record I actually think that Lost World's OST as a whole is pretty good. It's just one of those that I feel I have to play the game first before fully appreciating. I might even like it way more after playing it, but as it stands I just prefer the typical Sonic style of music over this.

There's very few tracks I outright dislike. Lava Mountain is high up there, but other than that there are no particular stand-outs.

I also agree with whoever said that Desert Ruins and Sky Road 1 were great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question, is the music from the NiGHTmare DLC actually a remix? It isn't in the soundtrack release and there's actually a video of it from before the soundtrack release (despite there being no way of actually recording it) so I thought it might actually be from Journey of Dreams, which I never played

Question, is the music from the NiGHTmare DLC actually a remix? It isn't in the soundtrack release and there's actually a video of it from before the soundtrack release (despite there being no way of actually recording it) so I thought it might actually be from Journey of Dreams, which I never played

Nope, it's from Journey of Dreams, mate.

So, after completing the 3DS version of the game, I can safely say my favorite songs in the game are:

• Wonder World
  • Windy Hill Act 1 and 3
  • Desert Ruins act 2
  • Frozen Factory act 1 and 3(Snowball Waltz)
  • Silent Forrest act 2
  • Deadly Six theme(Mainly orchestral version)

Not a bad OST by any means, but I just don't find it very memorable as a whole, and I can safely say it's the worst Sonic soundtrack since Heroes( haven't listened to Shadow's aside from the vocal themes).

Found a high quality version of Tropical Coast 3. Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Aq_SNmGunys

• Thumbs Up 1

I prefer Sonic Colours' and Unleashed's respective soundtracks to be honest. Some of the tracks in Lost World are just a bit boring. Doesn't mean I don't like it, though. And god damn it, the tracks that do sound good sound really good.

Favourites

• Windy Hill Zone 1
  • Windy Hill Zone 2
  • Windy Hill Zone 4
  • Desert Ruins Zone 1
  • Desert Ruins Zone 3
  • Desert Ruins Zone 4
  • Tropical Coast Zone 3
  • Frozen Factory Zone 1
  • Sky Road Zone 1
  • Sky Road Zone 2
  • Final Boss
  • Hidden World Zone 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Personally  I love the 3DS version of silent forest zone 2, I never knew adding drums and a faster pace could make a song so so addicting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na3P4xYNfak

Silent Forest Zone 3, I think you mean. Silent Forest Z2 3DS is Honeycombe Rush on the soundtrack.

And even though I've only got part one of the soundtrack, most of my favourites are on that one volume.

Perfect.

Since there's no way I can afford £24 for music I've already heard a ton before, I just bought Sea Bottom Segue off of iTunes.  SEGA need statistics to know that Sonic games must have more pretty music.  Sure enough, it (along with Wonder World, Windy Hill 1, Honeycomb Highway and Deadly Six Theme) have 100% popularity ratings on Volume 1.

Silent Forest Zone 3, I think you mean. Silent Forest Z2 3DS is Honeycombe Rush on the soundtrack.

And even though I've only got part one of the soundtrack, most of my favourites are on that one volume.

Perfect.

Technically you're both right, since the song is used for Silent Forest Zone 2 on Wii U, which is certainly considered the "main" version on the OST (though they do put the 3DS Wisps at the spots where they're introduced overall which is nice).  Thus he was probably saying "the 3DS version of the track used for Silent Forest Zone 2 on Wii U".

I listened to the whole OST last night while drawing, and I managed to form a better opinion of it (it makes for pretty good background noise). My thoughts towards it and how it compares to Unleashed/Colors haven't changed, but there are definitely a lot of tracks that I like and I can't pick out any real weak points, save for that piece of shit Lava Mountain theme.

Even if I couldn't rely on this soundtrack to serve my usual Sonic fix, at least I was still able to count on it being pretty damn good music.