Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

I will give this game credit for having some of the best fucking boss themes this series has ever had. I love the Deadly Six themes and the final boss theme.

• Thumbs Up 9

JezMM, the video he linked to didn't have a Zone attached to it, and since I'm still not sure where most of the WiiU tracks fit into the 3DS version, I just thought that track was 3DS exclusive.

Random mixup, happens to everyone.

The second volume of the soundtrack I guess I'll buy today. I'll have to think about it.

JezMM, the video he linked to didn't have a Zone attached to it, and since I'm still not sure where most of the WiiU tracks fit into the 3DS version, I just thought that track was 3DS exclusive.

Random mixup, happens to everyone.

The second volume of the soundtrack I guess I'll buy today. I'll have to think about it.

There are no tracks exclusive to either version, excluding Wisp power-related music.

There are no tracks exclusive to either version, excluding Wisp power-related music.

No, there are tons of tracks exclusive to certain versions.  Tails' Lab, Special Stage and the Midnight Owl (Bayou Drums) all only appear on 3DS.

Circus Carvan, Tilt the Machine, Sugar Lane, Lava Mountain, Island Relics, Thundercloud Acropolis, Hidden World, Tornado Time, and Sky Road Bonus Stage can all only be heard in the Wii U version (along with several cut-scenes/jingles that don't appear on 3DS etc etc).

• Thumbs Up 4

No, there are tons of tracks exclusive to certain versions. Tails' Lab, Special Stage and the Midnight Owl (Bayou Drums) all only appear on 3DS.

Circus Carvan, Tilt the Machine, Sugar Lane, Lava Mountain, Thundercloud Acropolis, Hidden World, Tornado Time, and Sky Road Bonus Stage can all only be heard in the Wii U version.

Lava Mountain doesn't? What's played instead?

Lava Mountain doesn't? What's played instead?

There are no proper platforming levels in Lava Mountain, only rematches with bosses.  Throughout the entire gameplay, Act 1 plays Boss Rushes, Act 2 plays Boss Rushes Guitar Ver. and Act 3 plays Battle with Zavok.

Though funnily, in the 3DS sound test menu, Boss Rushes and Boss Rushes Guitar Ver. are named Lava Mountain Zone 1 and Lava Mountain Zone 2.

I'm not a fan of cutesy sweet music like the kind you'd hear in the background of doll commercials, but I find Sugar Lane to be an amazing track.

I'm fucking disappointed that Sea Bottom Segue is in fact heard in the 3DS version but you'll only hear 20 seconds of it at the most

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm fucking disappointed that Sea Bottom Segue is in fact heard in the 3DS version but you'll only hear 20 seconds of it at the most

Where's it used then? I don't remember hearing it.

The drill-heavy act in Tropical Coast. As expected, you only ever hear the drill music (submarine ver.). Granted, that wisp music is a pretty track in its own right.

You can run up the back of any one of the walls you pass with Drill after the power times out and just run along the tops of the others while avoiding the underwater sections in the first part of that act.

Yeah it's certainly possible to listen to the song more by avoiding the mandatory Wisp sections, though it does essentially boil down to "playing the stage the slowest route possible".

The 3DS version could've really REALLY used an option to turn off Wisp music.  Especially considering the extra acts have you in Colour Power form 90% of the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it's certainly possible to listen to the song more by avoiding the mandatory Wisp sections, though it does essentially boil down to "playing the stage the slowest route possible".

The 3DS version could've really REALLY used an option to turn off Wisp music.  Especially considering the extra acts have you in Colour Power form 90% of the time.

But Lightning's musiccc.

Is amazing but after 5 minutes a 10 second loop does lose its lustre.

I don't think I'd have been bothered if all the music in the game was replaced by Indigo Asteroid.

Something I never realised you had to do and kept failing on Windy Hill's Extra stage.

Speaking of Wisp music, I do love the Wii U music themes. Eagle has a nice soothing track, Asteroid's track is decent, and Rhythm's fits well with Silent Forest Act 2, which has nice music already.  

Burst wisp music in this game... sublime sweetness wrapped into a 25 second loop.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll go on ahead and say that the Lightning Wisp got one of the best jingles from all the new Wisps. Maybe from ALL the Wisps. It's all over the place and I LOVE IT.

• Thumbs Up 1

Much better than the one I pooped out; and therefore eons better than the one SEGA's soundtrack department pooped out.

I approve.

Btw, Dark Sonic said its been updated a bit to fix corrections.

Changes include:
~Cleaning up the Sonic Team logo a bit.
~Zavok horn has some masking errors that cause minor parts of the background to show up, that was corrected.
~And fixing the outlines around the font to be less rounded.

So small stuff, if you want it here ya go.

Lost World maintained the excelent quality of Sonic music of the last decades. Tomoya is a GREAT composer, I really don't miss Jun Senoue or his guitar. I mean, good God the last boss solo. That said, Colors and Generations had almost all SEGA's composers working together, sometimes in a single track we had Tomoya, Hataya, Senoue, Tokoi and so on, and these were the best tracks in my opinion. I love Tomoya, but my favorite composer is for sure Hataya, since Sonic CD and Heroes have my all time favorite tracks. Lost World is somewhere very close to the quality of Colors, I hope they keep Tomoya as sound director, but bring back some Naofumi Hataya and Kenichi Tokoi too!

Favorite tracks are Windy Hill 1 and 2, Desert Ruins 1 and Honeycomb Highway, all of the Tropical Coast (especially the Sea Bottom), all of the Frozen Factory (especially 1), Silent Forest 1 and 2, Sky Road 2 (love that), the Final Boss music and of course, the Special Stage music.

• Thumbs Up 1