Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

Jun's been involved a small amount in those games, but not as director or even a composer. It's just been vocal themes and very little else. So while he and Crush 40 of course Shadow's theme in '06, it was hardly anything more than that and everything else was left to Ohtani and his crew.

Yeah if I recall, Jun's involvement in the Ohtani soundtracks, judging from how he's generally listed in the soundtracks, sounds like nothing more than helping out Ohtani with finding/deciding who to use for vocal tracks.

Jun's been involved a small amount in those games, but not as director or even a composer. It's just been vocal themes and very little else. So while he and Crush 40 of course Shadow's theme in '06, it was hardly anything more than that and everything else was left to Ohtani and his crew.

Yeah if I recall, Jun's involvement in the Ohtani soundtracks, judging from how he's generally listed in the soundtracks, sounds like nothing more than helping out Ohtani with finding/deciding who to use for vocal tracks.

My main point for my post was not to say that Jun had a major influenced for those soundtracks, but to get rid of the misconception that he was absent from Shadow till Black Knight, S4 and Generations came around when he really never left. Sure his contribution was small but he was not absent.

Bringing back the discussion back to Lost World's music I'm surprised that there's not a lot of remixes made by fans yet. Usually they pop out pretty quick (well unless you count all those Windy Hill ones, but damn it I want Tropical Coast to be remixed already)

And our point was simply that his contribution was so small you might as well consider him to be absent, in the context of soundtrack styles and how the games "without" him had soundtracks completely very different in style to the ones that he was a composer for.  Feels like a silly thing to argue exact words over.  If I was to say we haven't had a Naofumi Hayata soundtrack since Sonic CD you'd have to be pretty pedantic to go "Um ACTUALLY he did compose two tracks in Colours and Lost World, and 5 tracks in Generations".  I mean surely "you know what we mean" when we say Jun didn't properly contribute to the games Blue Blood listed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

That's the ugliest cover I've seen for a Sonic album. Now that that's out of the way...

It's a shame not a lot of people here like the soundtrack to SLW. =< Tomoya Ohtani is one of my favourite composers at SEGA and whilst the soundtrack has some duds overall I really like the playful style of music, the main theme and the Sea Segues one is a very relaxing and pretty track. I think it would've helped more though if Ohtani had other artists like Kenichi Tokoi available to help him out. It's a bit sad he was literally the only one doing the music. Sheesh wasn't anyone else available or something?

I have to admit also that some songs sounded a bit too much like Mario, or even Kirby! The World Adventure in Sonic Unleashed was bad enough (Super Mario Galaxy anyone?) but here you have various tracks which sound more suitable to a slow, Nintendo platformer. I do hope this won't be a common thing in future Sonic games.

On that we'll have to agree to disagree. "Wonder World" I will admit is rather bland, but I loved "The World Adventure" and "Theme of Sonic Colors" as orchestral tracks. Just because Sonic is all about speed doesn't mean he can't have nice music.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no I really like The World Adventure, hell I think it's epic and pretty darn amazing. I just think it sounds too similar to SMG's orchestral music. ^^;;

Probably it's only me but the Deadly Six's Leit Motif (specifically, the first ten notes)

strongly reminds me of that of the Dead Moon Circus (the villains from Sailor Moon SuperS)

Probably it's only me but the Deadly Six's Leit Motif (specifically, the first ten notes)

strongly reminds me of that of the Dead Moon Circus (the villains from Sailor Moon SuperS)

Very slightly, I see what you mean.

I'm surprised by the lack of mentioning for the Deadly's Six's Violin Version them.

Now this theme actually feels like it goes along with the story as the tensions rise. The Deadly Six are sapping the Earth's life force, and in turn the battles are getting tougher. In conjunction this violin mix kicks things up a notch.

Want more after hearing a catchy boss tune combining jazz instruments, electric guitar and the banjo? Well than let's throw in Sonic Team's lately trademark use of the violin, producing a triumvirate of strings: the banjo, e-guitar and the violin with said jazz to spice things up!biggrin.pnglaugh.pngcool.png  Quite possibly my favorite form of the tune.wub.png

I'm surprised by the lack of mentioning for the Deadly's Six's Violin Version them.

The added violin is as nice touch and all, but it ultimately sounds a bit too similar to the Banjo/Guitar version. It's a certainly kickass track on its own, but the orchestral boss rush rendition is still my favorite.

• Thumbs Up 1

The leit motives of each of the Six are no slouch, even if they barely last a minute

Zazz:

Zomom:

Master Zik:

Zeena:

Zor:

Zavok:

Personally Zomom's is my favourite, with those maracas (if I'm not mistaken)

• Thumbs Up 1