Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

I think it's safe to say that this go round, we don't have one. Not really upset by that, actually. I'm kind of tired of having a vocal theme for nearly every game post-Genesis era, so between this and Sonic Generations, this is a welcome break. Now, I wouldn't say that I'd never want to hear them again, it's just nice to have something simple and timeless like an orchestral theme. You just know that the hard butt rock of the late 90s wore out, and the same will happen to dubstep and the like. A purely orchestral melody is more timeless.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think it's safe to say that this go round, we don't have one. Not really upset by that, actually. I'm kind of tired of having a vocal theme for nearly every game post-Genesis era, so between this and Sonic Generations, this is a welcome break. Now, I wouldn't say that I'd never want to hear them again, it's just nice to have something simple and timeless like an orchestral theme. You just know that the hard butt rock of the late 90s wore out, and the same will happen to dubstep and the like. A purely orchestral melody is more timeless.

For the record, without vocal themes we wouldn't have Solaris Phase 2, Dark Gaia Phase 2, and Nega-Wisp Phase 2......yea, I want a vocal theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's your time, Sonic Fans. Japanese friend save me. biggrin.png

Alright, いくいくをうぬが!

Wonder World - Title Theme [MP3]

Don't forget to "Like This". It warms my heart. :3

Doesn't really have the "WOW" factor the last two themes had honestly.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if they would remix it for the final boss. Lower the pitch, make it sound more sinister and add some electric guitars too.

Edited by KrazyBean

Alright, いくいくをうぬが!

And here I thought I'd have to wait for the soundtrack or a game rip. You have no idea how long this melody has been stuck in my head.

*sniff* Thanks Woun.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

cpvxAgh.gif

Yes...

YES...

YES!!!

Currently punching the air to this piece oh my god oh my god oh my god I LOVE WONDER WORLD I LOVE IT!

The strings, the woodwinds, trumpets, freakin' peppy piano my god with the head-boppingly addicting percussion right along with it THE MELODY THE SONG AS IS I CAN'T TAKE IT IT'S MAKING ME ALL WARM AND TOASTY AND I CAN'T WIPE THIS SHIT-EATING SMILE OFF MY FACE SEND HELP

I WANT TO ARRANGE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW GET ME MY PIANO I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND

Tomoya Ohtani, I could kiss you.

Will someone do a remix of the title theme in the 2013 & Knuckles album? And if not, WHY NOT?! tongue.png

Edited by -Bender-

If the player doesn't work for some here is a youtube link

This theme is so god damn bouncy I love it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Alright, いくいくをうぬが!

I crie evrytiem. Thank you for this rip c':

Now to wait for Windy Hill - Zone1 (Short ver.) to be shared out

Edited by kimplix

While the theme is catchy and nice to listen to, it doesn't sound all that Sonic-y to me. I really miss those days when Sonic music was full of energy to the point where you yourself wanted to throw it all away and gotta go fast!

This, however, doesn't make me want to even stand up.

That Wonder World.
It fits with the game, and the entire of the other music scores within the game.

ArtFenix, I'm pretty sure those days of a rock based track are gone.

No matter what happens to all the other music types, orchestral will never get old. Sure, I like rock, but orchestral is timeless to the point that even in one hundred Star Wars films' time, orchestral will still be being used.

While the theme is catchy and nice to listen to, it doesn't sound all that Sonic-y to me. I really miss those days when Sonic music was full of energy to the point where you yourself wanted to throw it all away and gotta go fast!

No thanks, I'd rather not return to the days of "Jun Senoue riffs on a guitar for five minutes"

• Thumbs Up 6

Wheres the other track Woun?

Remember though Art this isn't a vocal, this is the main in game theme much like Colors and Unleashed.

C'mon guys, okay I'll admit the vocal themes were downright cheesy at times and were not the Epidimy of music but hell they were not all bad, you can't tell me that any of you never got at least a good kick out of the vocal main themes (Crush 40 or otherwise). I really don't want to see them go away, we also lose out on that epic orchestral remix for the final boss too, Time Eater as a final boss track wasn't that good guys!!

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more, but that's nothing new. How is this song not energetic and exciting? Compared to Sonic Colors' orchestral theme, this is friggin' happy hardcore.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 7

Wonder World doesn't sound "sonicy" (that word again)? If that's the case I don't want to return to music that sounds "sonicy", this shit is amazing. Much more energetic than auto-tune or 3 minute guitar wailings.

Kinda expected a vocal theme. A bit let down, but I can't knock this beautiful instrumentation.

Edited by Ultimate Waffle
  • Thumbs Up 8

No thanks, I'd rather not return to the days of "Jun Senoue riffs on a guitar for five minutes"

This, this, and this.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really don't like Crush 40's work at ALL. "What I'm Made Of..." is really the only track of theirs I enjoy, the others are all just terrible rock in my opinion. Colors & Unleashed's themes are SO much better imo.

To me, Crush 40 is like a cookie. It is a sometimes food. A Crush 40 Cookie here and there is nice, but we really don't need it all the time. Same can be applied to vocal themes in general, really. If you stick to a particular vocal genre (such as hard rock, metal, dubstep, etc) the theme song will soon become irrelevant (SA1's It Doesn't Matter is sooooooo dated). With an instrumental melody performed by an orchestra, it becomes timeless. Words, culture and dialect change over the years, but melodies do not.

Instrumental is the way to go, if you ask me. I'm not saying vocal themes need to go outright, but I'm kind of tired of vocal tracks in every Sonic game. This is a nice break.

Edited by Indigo Rush