Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Music Thread

Soniman

1. What is wrong with Jun Senoue amazing guitar work? Didn't you all love Seaside Hill, Bingo Highway, Escape from the City, Emerald Coast, Final Egg etc, etc, etc??? And just to remind you, the last time Crush 40 were involved in writing the soundtrack was 2009, Black knight. Generations doesn't count. 2009!!! That was 4 years ago! How is it "too often" or anything like that?

2. I never liked orchestral themes in Sonic games. I mean, I like them as music tracks but as Sonic music, no. Most of those those from Unleashed or Colors sound like they're either from some Star Wars movie or, dare I say...Mario games.

3. It's not even about being or not being rock music in the first place. There were some really energetic electronic and techno tracks while some others weren't energetic, they had such a huuuuge "atmospheric" feel that you couldn't help but love them (THE lost world being the best example here)

4. I also miss the vocal themes. Open your heart, Live and Learn, What I'm made of are legendary no matter what you think of them.

That is my opinion on the subject, whether you agree with me or not.

Edited by ArtFenix

SA2's music was mostly generic buttrock, with some techno, jazz and, uh... rap... thrown in for good measure. Not that these genres can't be good in and of themselves, but they weren't even really all that great compared to other music of the same genre. Yeah there were some gems like Metal Harbour or Green Forest (which still has the same problems as the others, but is one I can tolerate since it was a lot more fitting due to the context of the story compared to the others) but overall, it doesn't stick with me at all.

Sonic Colours' soundtrack offered infinitely more variety than SA2's, and hey, it even had some nice rock music for the last zone. Rock music that was better than about 90% of SA2's soundtrack may I add

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno...sure, it's bouncy and has a certain ring to it, but it sounds more like a level music to me. It just doesn't scream "MAIN THEME". That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. "Reach for the stars" sounded like a main theme and I hated the vocal version. Oh, and speaking of vocals...yes, I kinda miss those.

So I just finished listening to Wonder World and I gotta say, if I may quote a McDonalds commercial: I'm LOVIN' it! It's energetic and upbeat, yet smooth and beautiful at the same time; and it just has this overall feel to it that just screams "epic adventure" and "free spirited fun", which is what I believe a Sonic game's theme song SHOULD sound like, regardless of musical genre.

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Crush 40 (What I'm Made Of and Live Life are a couple of my favorite Sonic tunes that have come out of them), and I would welcome a vocal theme in this game regardless of whom composed it (except if it was done by a certain pop star whom I shall leave nameless for the sake of my own stomach & its contents), but I'm perfectly happy and content with just this song at the forefront of the game.

...Then again, I am that weird guy who thinks the Werehog in Sonic Unleashed was more fun than the Day Stages and that there are worse Sonic games than Sonic '06, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if you must... blush.png

I've hated orchestra in every single Sonic game before Lost World and I actually like this theme. Probably because it's not trying to be a pretentious generic orchestral theme for the sake of doing orchestra. I also like that they're basically using Windy Hill as the game's theme. Tropical Resort should have been Colors's theme song in my eyes, so this is doing exactly what I had wanted Sega to do before.

For the record I also don't like vocal themes so I couldn't care less if Sega uses just this song, because it suits Sonic perfectly without having to rely on C-grade 80s rock lyrics.

• Thumbs Up 4

2. I never liked orchestral themes in Sonic games. I mean, I like them as music tracks but as Sonic music, no. Most of those those from Unleashed or Colors sound like they're either from some Star Wars movie or, dare I say...Mario games.

3. It's not even about being or not being rock music in the first place. There were some really energetic electronic and techno tracks while some others weren't energetic, they had such a huuuuge "atmospheric" feel that you couldn't help but love them (THE lost world being the best example here)

4. I also miss the vocal themes. Open your heart, Live and Learn, What I'm made of are legendary no matter what you think of them.

That is my opinion on the subject, whether you agree with me or not.

2.Star Wars? What songs in Colors or Unleashed sound like Star Wars?(or even Mario?) Aside from the intro cut-scene in Unleashed, I can't think of any. Most of them still are fast, upbeat and energetic.

3. I still completely disagree with you here. Wonder World not energetic? Doesn't have atmosphere? I think this captures the feel of lost world quite nicely. Adventurous, yet not this grand epic. It's fun and wacky yet still feels like it fits with Sonic. But that's just my thought.

Huh. I like the main theme, though I can't bring myself to love it. Reminds me of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles theme in that way.

I like "Wonder World", but I personally like "The World Adventure" and "Theme of Sonic Colors" a bit more; it's certainly not bad though, and it's quite catchy. I hate to be "that guy" but, it kinda sounds like something from a Mario game, if I'm honest; though, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

EDIT: Has anyone ripped Windy Hill Zone 1 (Short Ver.) from iTunes yet?

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like "Wonder World", but I personally like "The World Adventure" and "Theme of Sonic Colors" a bit more; it's certainly not bad though, and it's quite catchy. I hate to be "that guy" but, it kinda sounds like something from a Mario game, if I'm honest; though, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

EDIT: Has anyone ripped Windy Hill Zone 1 (Short Ver.) from iTunes yet?

Considering what a lot of people say about Lost World when comparing it to Mario, not surprising.:P

The main theme is just wonderful. It feels exciting, adventurous and elegant all at once. It really make me excited for what kind of story the game has. Oh boy oh boy I have a really, really good feeling about this game. <3 

I don't care what anyone says, this is leagues better than Colours and Unleashed's orchestrated themes, whenever Colours/Unleashed's comes up on shuffle on iTunes I have to skip it since it's very... Draining? Like it's good but It's one of those songs I can only listen to a few times, but this one is really great and poppy, so I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing it.

It holds the same sort of appeal I get from the Adventure game themes, where I can honestly listen to stuff like Live & Learn and Open your Heart every time it plays, which is often considering the amount of times SEGA slap it on one of their compilation song soundtracks, I must have it at least 12 times on iTunes from all my Sonic albums combined lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I love the new music we're getting right now I would have to be lying if we didn't get anymore songs from jun senoue and crush 40 honestly I've been listening to these two's songs ever since I listened to them and it saddens me that they might never be used again so it hurts me somewhat to see you guys knocking them  (though I don't mind if you don't like them). Also, they haven't really been used in 4 years so it wouldn't be that big of a problem if at least jun got one song in on the next game.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I love the new music we're getting right now I would have to be lying if we didn't get anymore songs from jun senoue and crush 40 honestly I've been listening to these two's songs ever since I listened to them and it saddens me that they might never be used again so it hurts me somewhat to see you guys knocking them  (though I don't mind if you don't like them). Also, they haven't really been used in 4 years so it wouldn't be that big of a problem if at least jun got one song in on the next game.

Didn't Jun do the Sonic 4 Ep.2 soundtrack and some of the music in Generations? It's not like he's being neglected or anything.

Hey I love C40, like REALLY love C40, I could sit and fanwank about them forever but even I'm getting pretty sick of the same ol' cheesy rock I've come to love from them, and I don't think "rock" is something that fits well with a game like Lost World, the music in this game is exactly what I want, variety, fun, popping music that absolutely stinks of charm and character, songs that literally fit the locales that they cover in the game, something that isn't grand and heavy like Unleashed's Overture theme, something that is short and sweet and doesn't drag on, songs like Wonder World is literally the type of music I've wanted the series to head towards for the longest.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wonderful.....I love it!
Funny how I knew the song from bits of other trailers and gameplay.

Glad to finally hear how it sounds fully.

After listening to it a few more times, "Wonder World" is really growing on me. Really digging the energetic and poppy feel it has to it! Can't wait for that Windy Hill Zone 1 rip! smile.png

It's your time, Sonic Fans. Japanese friend save me. biggrin.png

Alright, いくいくをうぬが!

Wonder World - Title Theme [MP3]

Don't forget to "Like This". It warms my heart. :3

Thank you and thank your friend for me! Is there a chance of getting Windy Hill Zone 1 from them as well?

• Thumbs Up 1