Awoo.

Would you support the Classic Sonic games being remade in 3D?

Turnus

Killing time is one of the most fun anyone can have and most people would agree that the Classics are great!

Nevertheless, I think most people agree that these games have been played many times already.

Unfortunately, this means that us classic fans need to find entertaining ways to approach the classics.

Cleverly, however, I think I may have come up with a novel idea!

Klunk and klunk in these classic games in 3D!

Lest we get bored!

Everyone would find the games fascinating in 3D, even if it wouldn't be original content.

So, Sonic Team should get to it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not only would I rather get more original games, but I don't even have faith that Sonic Team could recreate the classic gameplay in 2D, let alone in 3D.

• Thumbs Up 1

Um... no.

I like the classic games, and while Generations Classic Sonic was pretty cool tbh it just made me want to play the old games! biggrin.png

Edited by MamboCat

20120212232953!Sonic-Generations-PS3-box

I'd rather have them try something new for a change. Like Lost World.

Edited by Shigeru Miyamoto

Do you mean in full 3d or just with 2.5D graphics?

If you mean full 3d, then yes I would like that but I'd rather they do something new. I'd like the classic gameplay itself translated into 3d, but in a new game and not a 3d remake of the classics.

If you mean the same game but just with 2.5D graphics then no. Just release a compilation of Taxman-renovated classics on disk or something, no need for the whole shebang. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There are way too many remakes in this day and age, be it movies, tv shows, songs... Heck even, video games are getting a ton of remakes. I'll just parrot everyone else on this topic so far and say "lets see some originality for a change."

I wouldn't complain if they made another generations style game with remade 3D levels, (Which I'm sure is never going to happen.) but I think an entire remake of a game would be just pushing it. 

Edited by Mr. Mayhem!
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather they do something new. I'm sick of remakes. I was hoping Lost World's opening level would be really original to indicate a new era, so I was mega disappointed it was yet another GHZ rehash. It's a small point, but I want something new. Lost World will deliver new stuff in gameplay and stuff, but I'll likely only be able to get the 3DS version when I get a 3DS eventually for Pokemon XY.

So I went on a tangent. In short, no, especially with the wave of ports we're getting and the "remakes of old levels" we've seen in Sonic 4 and Sonic Generations.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I would not even begin to consider it until they showed an understanding of what made those games great in the first place, which they have thus far been utterly incompetent at.

Even then, there's no reason to further milk those games (aside from, well, cynically milking them for money) rather than doing something new.

• Thumbs Up 5

Like 3D gameplay or just 3D graphics?

I'd rather have them try something new for a change. Like Lost World.

SonicLW_WiiU3.jpg

I agree. Never seen anything remotely this before.

Edited by MarcelloF

Hooray for your feedback

Ecstatic you make me!

Laugh and laugh for these good time :) :)

Please

.....please?

• Thumbs Up 1

No. The only Sonic games I would like to see remade are the ones not available on any home console, such as SegaSonic the Hedgehog or Sonic Eraser.

The last time Sonic Team attempted to remake one of the Genesis games, we got this...thing:

Sonic-4-Logo.png

Despite the "4" in the title implying the game is a direct sequel to it's predecessors,

VEDJ-F put it best:

For fuck's sakes, no!

Highlighted, bolded, underlined, and text increased to maximum font size for emphasis.

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 1

No. Why waste money that could be spent on creating new games on remaking old games?

Like 3D gameplay or just 3D graphics?   I agree. Never seen anything remotely this before.
Lost world is a brand new game, with a new story, and isn't a remake or some tie-in to a different game. It's new and fresh. That is what we mean by a "new and original game like Lost World."

I would only support this if Taxman's Retro Engine is the base that runs the games physics and controls with the Castle of illusion remake developers adding that 3d graphics, and maybe if they did some tweaks (make Sonic 3 and Knuckles a full game, have Knuckles and Tails playable in Sonic 1/2) then Sega should do this, but otherwise, DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at Sonic 4, Generations 3ds, and even Generations HD; games that tried to have that classic feel but fail to have the important parts like physics or solid level design (with Generations HD's Classic levels not having exact physic's sad.png)

Edited by RK64

I adored Classic Sonic in Generations and I was hoping that any future Sonic 4 installments would make use of him rather than Modern Sonic.

However, I don't think he's meant for 3D gameplay. They changed his design for a reason.

I'd be open to either Classic Sonic DLC for Generations, or small side games with Classic Sonic stages, but... as for a full game, I'd rather they create a new title. Classic Sonic and the like should be used to cash in on nostalgia on the side, rather than be the main course.

i would have to say no because there is no way in all of everything that sonic team could do this with no drawbacks or something going very wrong

albeit i love sonic team but i can't trust them that much to try and remake great classics

(they might do something like add homing attack or some shit)

I don't see how this couldn't be a lose-lose.

If it's in 3D, it's obviously going to be nothing like the classic games, and so soon after Generations what is the point in a series that constantly reuses level trops and enemies so frequently anyway?

If it is in 2D but with new 3D graphics, it's more likely than not going to look like a soulless pastiche of the original games (Klonoa Wiimake, Rocket Knight, Sonic 4) and in a couple years after the luster dies off (assuming it has any to begin with) it won't even hold up graphically, at which case what is the point?

Seeing the classic games remade in 3D would be at least interesting to see, although I'm highly curious of what gameplay style they would use for it (Adventure, Unleashed, something new entirely, etc.).  

Regardless, I want Sonic Team to focus something more fresh.  Mostly because I actually it might be easier creating new games rather than recreating classics that really don't need any makeovers. 

Oh, and by creating new games, I mean focusing new games that won't suck (or won't be a big pain in the ass!).  People seem to forget to add that part when claiming they want something new.

Hooray for your feedback   Ecstatic you make me!   Laugh and laugh for these good time :) :)   Please       .....please?
If you don't mind me asking, is English your first language?