Awoo.

Would you like a Sonic Chronicles sequel?

Shikushi

Would you like a second Sonic Chronicles? I liked the The Dark Brotherhood, so I would probably buy the sequel. Though Bioware shouldn't make the music. We all know how good The Dark Brotherhood's soundtrack was... I would like if they made other characters playable in the sequel, like Silver, The Chaotix, or maybe even Mighty? So tell me what you think!

No.

I'd rather have a new RPG by a more competant studio.

An actually finished one, yeah.

Unfortunately EA probably don't care for it since it's not a white man action romance epic with character creation.

(so yeah echoing the different studio remark too)

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd rather have a completely different Sonic RPG

Preferably with a more Mario RPG like tone. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd like to see a Sonic RPG that resembles Paper Mario (combining the usual platforming, speed and exploration sections with simple turn-based combat) but NOT a Sonic Chronicles sequel. That game is a prime example of wasted opportunities. Shitty mechanics and shitty (not even THAT word can express this actually) soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd love to see another Sonic RPG, but I'd rather have it be something new. Chronicles was just too lackluster for a sequel to be any good...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehhhh..... personally I wouldn't care or not if there was a sequel. If it somehow was leagues better than the first one, then maybe I would be interested. 

Last time I tried to play Sonic Chronicles, I couldn't even sit through a minute of it. It's one of those games I somewhat enjoyed the first time around, but when I try to replay it, I start to see the flaws it suffers from.

As far as I'm concerned Sonic Chronicles is the only decent game BioWare has put this entire console generation. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and The Old Republic are total ass.

So no, BioWare should not get another crack at the license. Chronicles was okay but the combat was too shallow and the game as a whole was too short and too easy.

SEGA should make another Sonic RPG, but it should be a new game developed by a good RPG studio like:

SEGA WOW (Valkyria Chronicles series)

Level 5 (Ni No Kuni, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, Professor Layton, etc)

Falcom (Ys series)

Gust (Atelier series)

Mistwalker (The Last Story, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey)

Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Chronicles, Project X Zone)

CD Projekt Red (The Witcher series)

Intelligent Systems (Paper Mario, Fire Emblem series)

Atlus (Megami Tensei series)

Nippon Ichi (Disgaea series)

Any of the above would be a great choice. Just not BioWare.

Yeah, I'd kill for a new Sonic RPG, but a sequel to Chronicles isn't the right way to do it. That game was fairly bad, for starters, but it's also so old by now (and it's not the kind of game that people keep talking about years after; I almost never see it brought up, even here) that any sequel that tried to continue on with its plot would probably just confuse people.

I don't want to just parrot everyone else, but something like a Mario RPG, big on personality and lighter on lore, would probably suit Sonic best. I do kind of appreciate what Chronicles tried to do by tying half of the games in the series together into a ludicrous metaplot, but for a first try, the emphasis should have been on making it, y'know, good.

Edited by Octarine

I wouldn't say they should make a sequel, but a new original Sonic RPG.  You have a ton of great studios who would be great fits for a Sonic RPG, with Intelligent Systems or the Mario/Luigi developers being the best candidates.  I could easily imagine the game to be very similar to the Mario and Luigi games with timing-based turn-based combat, great dialog, solid story and great mechanics :)

I could also imagine Squire-Enix Osaka (the KH developers) make a KH-esc action RPG with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles going to Sega worlds and teaming up with characters like Beat, Vyse, or Ryo to combat a heartless type enemy that is attacking the Sega Worlds.

I'd like to see another Sonic RPG, but not at all like Sonic Chronicles. I'd rather have an action RPG with a fast paced battle system, maybe kind of like Kingdom Heats (with Flowmotion in Dream Drop Distance and all that) but without keyblades and faster paced. 

I think an action RPG in general would be the way to go. Turn-based gameplay is okay and all, but it lacks the sense of movement that I've come to expect from a Sonic game. I also feel that Chronicles should have contained some actual platforming. Did anyone else find it annoying that Sonic couldn't even jump unless he was in an area that specifically allowed it?

Would I like another Sonic RPG?

It depends if it's made by Bioware,

And actually has a competent soundtrack,

And doesn't claim that it will tie up loose ends of the canon, but then proceeds to confuse matters further.

I'll stop now. But at the very least, it would need to be the polar opposite of Chronicles for it to be any good. The less it takes from Chronicles, the better.

I'd actually like it's elements to be brought back and retooled into another game than have a sequel, but I'm up for it as far as seeing what'll happen next as far as that cliffhanger ending went.

I'd actually like it's elements to be brought back and retooled into another game than have a sequel, but I'm up for it as far as seeing what'll happen next as far as that cliffhanger ending went.

I was originally adverse to this, but if they can make it work then go for it.

I just realized that if you did, it'd be extremely similar to the current arc of Bleach.

The Vandenreich? Believe it or not, that actually got me back into Bleach with the Vandenreich being so ruthless and not as stupid and predictable as the Shinigami...of course they still have a bit of a DBZ syndrome to it.

Except I wouldn't want the Nocturnus to one-up anyone than be another thorn to everyone's side, and I'd rather still have Eggman as the Top Dog as far as other villains go. Although while I wouldn't do away with having the Nocturnus get an upper hand, I'd rather Eggman be more of a pragmatic if he were to be outgambitted.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind another attempt at a Sonic RPG, but I really can't think of anything in particular from Chronicles that I'd want to see again...and a lot of stuff I very much wouldn't.

Though, honestly, my ideal RPG is pretty far off the standard format, so I'm not sure I'd be happy even if they did make one that didn't suck.

The Vandenreich? Believe it or not, that actually got me back into Bleach with the Vandenreich being so ruthless and not as stupid and predictable as the Shinigami...of course they still have a bit of a DBZ syndrome to it.

Except I wouldn't want the Nocturnus to one-up anyone than be another thorn to everyone's side, and I'd rather still have Eggman as the Top Dog as far as other villains go. Although while I would do away with having the Nocturnus get an upper hand, I'd rather Eggman be more of a pragmatic if he were to be outgambitted.

I don't see the problem with Eggman getting sidelined for one game, just make it convincing...and not useless.

I don't see the problem with Eggman getting sidelined for one game, just make it convincing...and not useless.

How many "one game"s has he been sidelined in at this point.

How many "one game"s has he been sidelined in at this point.

Sidelined without sucking.

Sidelined without sucking.

I don't have a problem with it either, except in it's frequency and execution. Every time it happens, it's because Eggman never bothered to think he could lose control over whatever it is he was doing. It was understandable with Chaos and Shadow because these were the first legitimate attempt at a plot twists, and they were pulled off effectively (that and nostalgia also has a huge impact). Since then it became a running gag until Colors put an end to it, and it looks like it's coming back with Lost World.

If Eggman were to be one-up, I'd like it to be more because he got outplayed while still trying to avoid being usurped, or otherwise have him pursue his own agenda while another villain is being active. And even then he tries to actively get back into the game and manages to one-up the villain who outdid him.

Yes, I would love to see a sequel to Chronicles with better graphics and everything. And not ALL the music was bad:). The quality on the other hand, yes. It was awful.

I'd love to hear that with HQ sound and proper instruments.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't have a problem with it either, except in it's frequency and execution. Every time it happens, it's because Eggman never bothered to think he could lose control over whatever it is he was doing. It was understandable with Chaos and Shadow because these were the first legitimate attempt at a plot twists, and they were pulled off effectively (that and nostalgia also has a huge impact). Since then it became a running gag until Colors put an end to it, and it looks like it's coming back with Lost World.

If Eggman were to be one-up, I'd like it to be more because he got outplayed while still trying to avoid being usurped, or otherwise have him pursue his own agenda while another villain is being active. And even then he tries to actively get back into the game and manages to one-up the villain who outdid him.

I agree with this. Say what you like about Shadow's game, but the Black Arms were a refreshing break from always fighting the Eggman Empire. In fact, I'd say having enemies that aren't affiliated with Dr. Eggman in any way would give the games more variety.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I guess I would buy it since I enjoyed Chronicles for what it was.  I don't it was exactly as good as its critical reception advertises (7.5/10 is a lil' more accurate score for this game), but I'd be more than happy to support a sequel.

I think they should take a more action-RPG route with a sequel and how some gameplay and mechanics Sonic fans can get into more easily.  They could also get more characters involved like Silver, Blaze, and the Chaotix (and I definitely want to play as Eggman again and he needs to stay in the story longer).  I don't really care who develops the game; as long as they do a good job, I don't think it should matter.  And also, for the love of all that's sacred, get someone to do the soundtrack efficiently.  Chronicles had easily the worst music of any Sonic game to date. 

(I'd even rate it below Sonic Genesis and Labyrinth!)