Awoo.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2

DarkNoise

Hey guys. Now we all know the Dynasty Warriors franchise. It's been a hugly populer game spawning different variations and spinoffs as well as a few badly made copy cat games (Ninty Nine Nights... *cough*). A couple of years back KOIE teamed up with Bandai to bring us yet another Dynasty Warriors, except this time it came to us in the form of Bandai's biggest franchise, Gundam. Mecha bashing, crashing, mashing hours of fun gameplay. Hey, lots of mechs to smash up and total carnarge with a good selection of famouse gundams, it may not sound much but it was still fun.

However the game wasn't all that great. The official mode where we got to play some storylines were limited to the first 3 original Gundam series, Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, and Gundam ZZ. The Original mode made up for this however by featuring a variaty of Gundam's from several other series like Turn A Gundam, G Fighter Gundam, and of course, the mighty Gundam Wing. In this mode all the characters and Gundams existed in the same universe with a brand new all original storyline that created some truly memorable moments (Sounds like the Gundam equivalent to Tsubasa Chronicles).

All in all the game wasn't a complete flop, and even appealed to the likes of IGN. Heck... it's mecha's, thats all the excuse ya need.

So what now?

Thats right, Gundam 2!

KOIE and Bandai have teamed up again to make another game based on the populer franchise, and just in time for Gundam's 30th Anniversary. 30th!! Insane I know.

So how have they improved on the last game? Extensivly, Thats how.

The Official mode is back, this time following the storylines from the first Gundam films based on the original first 3 series, on top of this, if the trailer is to be interpretted correctly we can also play storylines from several other series as well. Wanna tackle the Gundam heads from G Fighter Gundam? No problem.

The graphics on Gundam 2 have been vastly improved from it's predicessor, with higher res textures, larger ammounts of bump mapping, and some beautiful reflective property's, especially on the Gundam's giving them more depth. The UI has also been cleaned up sn styalised, making the game look alot more classy. How can you top this so far? Easy.

Gundam 2 also features a roster of new gundams, gundams missing from the previous game hat everyone (including myself) were begging for. This time we have a selection of gundams from Gundam Seed Destiny, and that includes the mighty and beautiful Strike Freedom.

And just like in many of the gundam series, they've thrown in some new foe's, Mobile Armor's. Huge, gigantic ships that tower over you thier so huge, except these transform into mega sized Gundam's you have to defeat. Sound like fun??

To top all thise off they've even thrown in downloadable content this time around. Hopefully they'll add some Gundam packs so we can increase our library of suits.

The full gundam roster hasn't been found out yet, but I don't think any gundams from the recent (and soon to be concluded) Gundam 00 have made the final cut. Unfortunate. but we'll soon see what we have to play with.

So what would you like to see in Gundam 2? What gundams would you like to make an appearence?

Remember the game is out on March 27th for Xbox 360 and PS3.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarkNoise

• DSP001

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I love robot games, I only played the first one briefly, to be fair I didn't like it, it felt to slow compared to the awesomness that was Dynasty Warriors 6, what I hope about this game is that it feels a lot more fluid, cos the first one felt awkward for me.

Also I hope there the unicorn gundam is in the game somehow, heck they have the psycho in there.