Awoo.

The LEGO Movie

SuperStingray

It's low season. Hopefully they'll still do it because of the number of expats in the area.

Low season? Forgive me, I'm a bit unfamiliar with how this sort of thing works outside my continent. Regardless, here's hoping; I'd hate for you to miss out!

Low season? Forgive me, I'm a bit unfamiliar with how this sort of thing works outside my continent. Regardless, here's hoping; I'd hate for you to miss out!

Low season is winter, when there are no tourists in the area. Since France is very popular with tourists, they do English screenings.

It definitely looks amusing and charming. I just have trouble getting past the whole "stop motion" thing. I mean, yeah, it's a Lego movie, but that style of animation has always been off-putting to me.

Still gonna check it out, though.

Basically I'm really upset. Why? It's barely being shown in French over here, not at all in English. In order to see it, I'd have to go back to the UK. That's a lot of trouble for me to go though to see a film.

However, it's gotten really good reviews, so that's good. Just a shame I probably won't be able to see it in the cinema. :(

I hope the DVD comes out during the summer at least.

News from yesterday; Warner Bros. is already gearing up for a sequel!ohmy.pngbiggrin.png

Warner Bros. Hires Writer for Sequel to The LEGO Movie
Source: TheWrap
February 3, 2014

legomovieheader.jpg

Though it doesn't open in wide release for a few more days, TheWrap is reporting that Warner Bros. has already decided on pushing forward with a sequel to The LEGO Movie and they've hired Jared Stern to write it. Stern's screenplay credits include The Internship, The Watch, and Mr. Popper's Penguins, and he's also credited with adding story materials for the animated films Wreck-It Ralph, The Princess and The Frog and Bolt.

The original 3D computer animated story follows Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.

Opening in theaters the evening of February 6, The LEGO Movie is written and directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller and features the voices of Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Nick Offerman, Alison Brie, Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman.

Read more: Warner Bros. Hires Writer for Sequel to The LEGO Movie - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114356#ixzz2sNsOLR1X
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook

Man I can't wait to see this film!

The reviews for this film so far are nothing short of enthusiastic. The film has maintained a 100% "Fresh" rating with twenty reviews in!

The concluding line from the HitFlix review is especially worthy of note:

"If only every studio and every filmmaker took every film this seriously. 'The Lego Movie' is proof that there's no such thing as a bad idea for a film, only poor executions, and I suspect it will be a massive hit, one that is absolutely deserved."

I hope I'm able to catch a viewing of the film at my theater next week!

• Thumbs Up 5

To add to Gabe's post, Rotten Tomatoes has a consensus (and it's still at 100% fresh at the moment, as well!):

Boasting beautiful animation, a charming voice cast, laugh-a-minute gags, and a surprisingly thoughtful story, The Lego Movie is colorful fun for all ages.

Only three more days until it comes out here in the US, I seriously cannot contain my excitement for this movie. <3

• Thumbs Up 6

Shame I might not be able to see it in the cinema, I was really excited for this. sad.png

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.blush.png  I wish there was something that could be done.

The good reviews for this movie are certainly reassuring, It does look like a fun movie, so hopefully I'll get a chance it see it this weekend.

Oh man, three days feels like such a long time to wait! I've been excited for this movie since the first trailers, it looks like it's going to be a blast!

Just a quick warning about the Wii U version of the videogame;

It will not come with the free Western Emmet minifigure toy. That's for PS3/4 and Xbox 360/One only according to Amazon. Also, the Wii U version of LEGO Marvel had same major framerate drops in co-op, probably due to the Wii U's slower processor in comparison to 360 and PS3. You also can only use the gamepad for player 1 in Marvel, which was frustrating.

I've pre-ordered the 360 version so I can get the Western Emmet minifigure, and so I can use a regular controller.

So is the game any good from what you've played?

Haven't got it yet, but going by what the previous LEGO games were like on the system, it will probably be the same. LEGO games generally seem to be like that.

Edit: Fuck it, I'm just gonna go see the film in French. I was mainly in it for the animation anyway, and I'm sure I'll be able to pick up some of it at least. My French isn't that good! Besides, if we go to a small independent cinema it might be possible to get subtitles.

Oh that's right. The game's not even out yet. Silly me.blush.png  So, I take you heard about the Wii U stuff via a review.

No, but it's a track record. Warner Bros games are pooly optimised for Wii U. What sold me on the 360 version though was the cowboy Emmet minifigure. There wasn't a Wii U minifigure edition.

On a note for the film itself, I'm going to see the film in French. I'll play the game beforehand so I know what's going on, as my French isn't that good. At least I'll get to see it though. Now begins the wait for later this month...

76 reviews in on Rotten Tomatoes, and all except one are positive. Certified Fresh with a 99% critical approval rating.

Holy shit, I was actually considering saying this, but I think I'll outright say it.

The Lego Movie very well could be the Toy Story (2/3) of the 2010s/this generation.

• Thumbs Up 1