Awoo.

The LEGO Movie

SuperStingray

I'm wondering if any Legends Of Chima characters will appear. There was Lloyd from Ninjago, so maybe Laval from Chima will appear?

This looks like a really fun movie! I can't believe THE Morgan Freeman is going to be in it. XD If this gets good reviews I might go and see it next year.

• 4 months later...

I second that, also Liam Neeson as a cop, and Will Farrell as Lord Business, I have a feeling the theather is going to be cracking up over this one XD

Oh and the voice of emmet is going to be Starlord in Guardians of the galaxy

Oh, I hope the Bionicles are going to show up :(

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

This just keeps getting better and better. Liam Neeson's part looks really funny. Also it looks like Batman's going to have a bigger role than I had expected, I figured he'd only be in one or two scenes but he seems to have a pretty big role.

i think i remember some one  workng on this saying that it was intended to look like the people who make stop motion lego videos on youtube if they had a budget.

Edited by Terrifing Scream

I love this animation style! I know it's CGI, but the really went all out to make it look and move like real Lego. Even the explosions look like they're made of Lego. As they say in the trailer... everything is awesome.

And Batman here looks so much fun, and appeals to me much more than that dark, gritty Nolan style Batman, even if he is made of Lego.

And can I say I love the design choice of giving Emmet one of the most common faces in Lego? I love it.

I am so pumped for this film, even if it does end up being forgettable...

• Thumbs Up 1

This is looking so much better than one would think a Lego movie would have any right to be! Gonna have to see this one day one!

This is looking so much better than one would think a Lego movie would have any right to be! Gonna have to see this one day one!

hey the old bionicle movies were great(oh how I miss those guys :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4GeCk5SBk

I didn't laugh that hard at a trailer in a long time. The choppy stop motion style also really grew on me and the lightning and stuff just looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see this movie.

Well that looks a hell of a lot smoother than the trailer I saw in theaters (Trailer 1), which really gave me a bad impression as the animation was super choppy and the fact that it was in 3D really hurt my eyes. Movie seems interesting enough, although I'm not sure if I'll watch it in theaters. Where I live, if a movie is in 3D, it's only in 3D until maybe a month or two after the movie gets released. Oh and how did Batman of all people get an appearance? Huh, I guess anything goes in The Lego Movie.

Edited by lefteri001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4GeCk5SBk

I didn't laugh that hard at a trailer in a long time. The choppy stop motion style also really grew on me and the lightning and stuff just looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see this movie.

"I'm here to see... your butt." ...Well then, I guess that's the only time we'll ever hear Batman ever say that. XD

Anyways, That trailer really gave me the lols. I really want to see this movie now. By the way, has anyone seen the teaser character videos? 

There's one for the main characters, (including Batman.) This one here with the film's antagonist gave me a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYv-xrTXhPE

• 1 month later...

The LEGO Movie LEGO sets are available now, I ordered this one yesterday:

70803-Cloud-Cuckoo-Palace.jpg

This one was 20 euros, but there are cheaper ones if you just want to get Emmet. This is the only set where you can get normal Unikitty (the other one is a different variant called Biznez Kitty, and that is in the largest set of the wave), and the robot is exclusive.

There will also apparently be a summer wave, with a big spaceship set that mimics the 80's space sets, and also includes Benny (1980's something space guy).

I like how LEGO are releasing sets to tie in with the movie, a lot of them are very good and interesting builds.

• 4 weeks later...

Hilarious behind the scenes featurette: (oh and dont worry, no spoilers)

http://screenrant.com/lego-movie-clip-animation-featurette/

‘The LEGO Movie’ Featurette Goes Behind The Bricks

Published by Andy Crump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lipp_BxZpto

Every piece of promo material to date for Phil Lord’s and Chris Miller’s The LEGO Movie, their upcoming animated feature set in the Lego universe, has revolved around acquainting audiences with its enormous cast of characters; a pair of full-length trailers and one trailer preview each shine a spotlight on the lion’s share of the film’s principal and supporting players, from dopey hero Emmet, to badass heroine Wyldstyle, to the evil Lord Business. (To say nothing of our own massive and exhaustive character guide for the movie.)

But Village Roadshow and Warner Bros. aren’t done introducing viewers to the endless parade of figures – sorry, people – that they’ll meet once The LEGO Movie opens up in theaters next month. In point of fact, they want to go deeper, beyond the trailers, and give their stars one-on-one time to talk about their roles in the movie. To that end, they’ve released the above featurette, where we hear from not only the aforementioned trio of primary cast members (voiced, respectively, by Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, and Will Ferrell), but from a number of secondaries as well.

And, of course, Batman, because what LEGO Movie featurette would be complete without hearing from the Caped Crusader? For anyone expecting Lord and Miller to speak about the challenges of bringing the film to life, the clip will be something of a disappointment; rather than provide a legitimate inside look at what went into the production, they’ve instead offered a tongue in cheek glimpse at how these characters interact with one another off-camera while also lampooning the actors whenever possible.

Which is to say that whatever the featurette lacks in knowledge on the making of the picture, it more than makes up for with oddball amusement. That’s pretty much in line with what The LEGO Movie promises by its very concept. Nothing about this picture reads as remotely serious; it’s clear after watching just one teaser that Lord and Miller are aiming for unrelenting zaniness here, so it’s only natural that they take the same approach to putting together a behind the scenes video for the film as well.

The-Lego-Movie.jpg

Want to know what Lord Business thinks of being voiced by Ferrell? Curious to see who the cast thinks the real star of the movie is? Have you ever longed to hear Morgan Freeman read the phone book in an act of blatant self-parody? Then “Behind the Bricks” should be right up your alley. You won’t learn a single thing about the process of creating The LEGO Movie, but you’ll probably laugh pretty hard, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Now the only question is whether or not the film can live up to its promotional content. We’ll find out for sure come February.

_____

The LEGO Movie hits theaters in the US on February 7th, 2014.

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: i didn't realize Mando posted it on the last page whoops ha but here it is again

Guys. There's a behind the scenes featurette done with the cast entirely in character. You get to see Morgan Freeman read the phonebook. It's amazing. So excited for this movie.

EDIT: i didn't realize Mando posted it on the last page whoops ha but here it is again

Guys. There's a behind the scenes featurette done with the cast entirely in character. You get to see Morgan Freeman read the phonebook. It's amazing. So excited for this movie.

posted this on the last page :D

I'm going to be really upset if I can't find an English screening. I mean, the local cinemas are showing that Justin Bieber film that flopped at the box office in English, so I wouldn't get it if they didn't show The LEGO Movie.

Really excited god the film though. Btw the video game contains spoilers for the whole film apparently.

I'm going to be really upset if I can't find an English screening. I mean, the local cinemas are showing that Justin Bieber film that flopped at the box office in English, so I wouldn't get it if they didn't show The LEGO Movie.

Really excited god the film though. Btw the video game contains spoilers for the whole film apparently.

Any idea when the videogame's coming out?

"Oh, those weren't pranks. I was legitimately trying to destroy them."

rofl

I really want to see this movie, it looks like it's a ton of fun to watch.

• Thumbs Up 3

Any idea when the videogame's coming out?

Same day as the movie.

Also, Benny The 1980 Something Spaceguy looks to be one of the best characters in the film. His obsession with space is hilarious,reminds me of Space Core from Portal 2.

Also, a spoiler;

The Piece Of Resistance (the red thing on Emmet's back) is the cap to a tube of glue known as the Kraggle (or Krazy Glue). Lord Business is trying to use the Kraggle to glue the universe together.

Same day as the movie.

Excellent. Perhaps I'll give myself a double feature; buying the game after watching the movie.

Excellent. Perhaps I'll give myself a double feature; buying the game after watching the movie.

That's actually what I'm planning to do if they do English screenings of the film in France.

That's actually what I'm planning to do if they do English screenings of the film in France.

Wait, there's a chance they won't!? Why???

Wait, there's a chance they won't!? Why???

It's low season. Hopefully they'll still do it because of the number of expats in the area.