Awoo.

Console Wars Are Getting Out Of Hand!

Crash

As the title says, console wars are getting out of hand. The 360, PS3 and Wii war was pretty god damn fucking awful but I think the next one will be even worse.

wiiu-xbox-one-ps4-220513.jpg

The Wii U, XBone and PS4 war is already way out of hand, and two of the consoles haven't even been released! The XBone's estimated failure made me feel happy, was the completely disgusting way of console wars gone now? Would people finally calm down? I thought so...

Then, Microsoft completely go back on their wrongs, great for Xbox fans who were pretty upset about what they had chosen to do but not so good for people like myself. Everyone I've been talking to is now saying that the Xbox One is the way to go and that the PS4 sucks because 'it only has games'. Luckily, most of us gamers have enough common sense to appreciate all three consoles, but I don't think it'll be enough to stop what looks to be the most fucking disgusting console war yet.

Strap yourself in guys, it's going to be a shitty ride.

Edited by -Crash-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shit happens, best thing to do is ignore it and make your own decisions. Especially since the Xboned isn't violating any consumer rights now. Everything seems like a decent option at this point depending on what you like. Myself I'll be getting a PS4 and Wii-U and playing games on my PC but I'll understand if people are getting a One if they really like Halo or something. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

You're saying that Xbox making a decision that benefits consumers is bad for you because some people on the Internet now have better leeway to talk shit about the PS4? You're not exactly subverting the fanatical environment yourself. I'm also not sure what this thread is supposed to really achieve beyond alerting us to the existence of console wars, something that's been happening since, well, multiple consoles existed.

• Thumbs Up 8

As always, I'm just fed up of the shitty treatment Nintendo gets from just about everyone besides their fans, reasonable journalists and Japanese devs.

Some things never change. Nintendo games are SO fun, so why are they always the laughing stock just because they don't employ the most expensive development options available? Eesh :S

• Thumbs Up 7

You're simultaneously complaining about console wars and fanning the flames, you know.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're saying that Xbox making a decision that benefits consumers is bad for you because some people on the Internet now have better leeway to talk shit about the PS4? You're not exactly subverting the fanatical environment yourself. I'm also not sure what this thread is supposed to really achieve beyond alerting us to the existence of console wars, something that's been happening since, well, multiple consoles existed.

I agree pretty much. The irony of the topic itself is just killing me right now. Its not making much sense at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

The console wars were always out of hand. This time, it's only getting worse.

Hmm.

Yeah, I still don't see the point of this topic. Yes, the console war exists. It has existed for every console generation. This topic hasn't really done anything to downplay that fact- rather, it has inflamed it- and with the complaining about Nintendo criticism and a YouTube video being posted, I don't see this topic going good places.

However, you guys do have the power to create a tolerable atmosphere here merely by following the rules and common courtesy. Don't be dicks to others for their console preferences. Read and comprehend what the major companies are saying about their products before diving in with misinformation. Don't press a point at the expense of discourse and your attitude; sometimes it's best to bow out.

You know, the usual. Topic locked. =P

• Thumbs Up 2