Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2013 "Helllooooooooo St. Louis!"

Badnik Mechanic

Live stream Link: http://www.livealliance.tv/sonicboom/

Sega have just this moment announced details regarding Sonic Boom.

Where: The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
When: Saturday, August 10, 2013, doors 5pm

Wait? Is that right? It opens at 5PM?

Triva contest and a cosplay competition have been confirmed. Tickets are TBA at a later date, they do mention there will be a charge for tickets.

So anyone going?

I understand the whole "Make it available for Midwest fans" thing but... it does still strike me as kind of random. Why not a major population center like Texas?

I was hoping to go to California this year (as I do every Summer) but I guess it's time I step foot in Missouri. My Mom's going to freak out about me going to a place I've never been before but she needs to stop wrapping her tentacles around me every time I want to do something.

I'll find something to do out there I guess. I have a friend who lives in St. Louis, maybe I'll get to meet him. :P

I always wanted to go as Dark Enerjak or Fleetway Super Sonic but I don't have the faintest idea on how to make a costume so...

I still wish I was on the trivia team last year. I was the only one who guessed the answer to the last trivia question right... but I was in the audience. Alas, earwax.

Needless to say I'll be going. I might bring fellow SSMBer Vemus along, too.

Time to go book a hotel!

How does the midwest get a nod before the east coast? I would have thought New York, D.C. Atlanta or Miami would have all made the destination shortlist before St Louis.

Aww well. That is still a road trip too rich for my blood. Back to my usual holding pattern of being jealous of the people who are lucky enough to attend.

I don't think I'll ever be able to attend a Sonic convention unless they host something in New York. :/ 

Have fun, guys!

Oh by the way... A few of us on the TSS staff worked this out a while back but... well...

Detective SSMB & The Sega Road Trip

Remember that 'Sonic's next adventure is in 'The Great State of Texas?' One of the stops was St Louis, looks like they were scouting locations for Boom.

• Thumbs Up 6

Pffft ST. Louis, kind of a random location for this year but cool for the people that live there I guess.

Basically, people on the East Coast now have a better chance of going. Yay. I probably still won't go though if they don't have a pay-at-the door model, as I have no idea what I'll be doing come August.

Not that I'll ever go to Boom since I'm in England and am lucky enough to have SoS instead, but changing the location is definitely good for all those fans who are too far from California. It's nice to cycle these things so various people get a chance to go. 

Oh my gosh, I am literally screaming with excitement right now. I literally live 15 minutes away from downtown St Louis! I'm going this year even if it kills me!

I'd book your hotel now if I were you, mates. The closest one is next door to it, but the next closest one is three miles away. So get to it!

Needless to say I already booked mine. tongue.png

For reference, it's called the Moonrise hotel. Happy room hunting!

How does the midwest get a nod before the east coast? I would have thought New York, D.C. Atlanta or Miami would have all made the destination shortlist before St Louis.

America's too large for just one event. We need one on the East and West coasts alike. Missouri was obviously chosen because it's right in the middle of the US.

Oh my gosh, I am literally screaming with excitement right now. I literally live 15 minutes away from downtown St Louis! I'm going this year even if it kills me!

Be glad you have a car! We're going to have to see how St. Louis mass transit measures up...

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

America's too large for just one event. We need one on the East and West coasts alike. Missouri was obviously chosen because it's right in the middle of the US.

I agree with the "we need more than one event" mentality. That is certainly true. I'm just a bit confused by the pic for this year.

This isn't just sour grapes talking (maybe a little mixed in there) but its common knowledge that the US population centers are its east and west coast lines. If your looking to include the most people, you'd naturally assume they would make the jump to D.C. or N.Y. this year. Moving to the middle almost alienates both sides a little bit.

I could understand if they planned an east coast event this year, and a midwest or south next year... I guess I'm just trying to wrap my Geography degree around the logic.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I still won't be able to go, have college to worry about then. 

What I get from this is maybe, just maybe, this is the start of Sonic Boom being held in different locations across the United States starting from St. Louis. If there's one next year, perhaps the location will be changed yet again.

Given the size of the US, maybe it is for the best that it changes cities each year?

• Thumbs Up 3

Given the size of the US, maybe it is for the best that it changes cities each year?

Honestly, that would be a great idea. This is one big-ass country, and I feel it's better for this to happen. Promotion of the brand and all that.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

I could understand if they planned an east coast event this year, and a midwest or south next year... I guess I'm just trying to wrap my Geography degree around the logic.

Part of me wonders if they were somehow gauging popularity of Sonic per capita... because in absolute terms Missouri just comes off as random. The second Sonic Boom was in California - the most populous state - and yet there was a shortage of 200 people still.

We should just be glad the semi-poor turnout didn't discourage them from trying again.

Probably until they deem the fanbase satisfactory enough to merit two events.

I just praise God for the fact I don't have financial hurdles, because it would suck to not be able to go. I feel for the folks not going. :(

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Holy crap! I wouldn't have been surprised to see Sonic Boom moved around to somewhere different, like, say, the east coast, but never in my wildest dreams would I have expected to see one less than four hours from where I live! Eeee, a once in a lifetime chance for me! I can't miss this.

I'm so STOKED for this! St. Louis is only a four hour drive from where I live, so I can potentially go to the event! If I do, it will be my first ever trip to a convention!

With that being said, there's a good chance I'm not gonna be able to go regardless. Between money problems & having to rely on my parents for transportation (long story short: I don't have a drivers license), I'd probably end up not getting the chance to go... CURSE MY HORRIBLE LUCK, LACK OF MONEY & INABILITY TO DRIVE A VEHICLE LEGALLY!!!