Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2013 "Helllooooooooo St. Louis!"

Badnik Mechanic

And back in my room. This thread sure exploded! Alright... Bad news first. No extras whatsoever were made for goodies and they even refused to let me buy some. So apologies to Hogfather and El Driver on my part. Then you have the fact it was just more Lost World footage... Neat but underwhelming. Good news is I got to meet several SSMBers around and got some photos taken even. I also have a funny video featuring Mr. Webber that I can share on my return home in two days. Great year everybody... Hope to see you at the next! Also it wasn't that crowded... I think there was less folks than last year's!
Hey man no problem, thanks for trying though. Even though I kind of expected it, I'm surprised that not a lot of people attended the event. Here's hoping the event returns to the West or goes to New York.

The actual pageant staff said five hundred people.... I assumed he was just throwing out a number, but it was nowhere near as Charlie Foxtrot as last year's in terms of crowds!

I was twenty in the line... Now for some trivia. If you saw white stuff on my lanyard, that was actually some gum I had to use to keep my nametag from falling off... Trashy I know but I had to improvise with no tape! So there, have a few laughs at my expense. :P

Wherever the next event goes... I shall follow. For now... Time to plan my trip to Sonic Boom West in September!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Also it wasn't that crowded... I think there was less folks than last year's!

Damn... Seeing stuff like that is kinda disappointing, as I'm sure SEGA is looking at turnout.

Low turnout may discourage SEGA from holding future Sonic Boom events, and thats no good.

Edited by Kamina

Damn...   Seeing stuff like that is kinda disappointing, as I'm sure SEGA is looking at turnout. Low turnout may discourage SEGA from holding future Sonic Boom events, and thats no good.
It was far from a ghost town if nothing else! The Pageant's much bigger than the House of Blues, so it may just be there was more space. :)

Back from The Pagent and all settled in! What a great event. The freebies are great (but as Maurice said, I couldn't snag any extras, they were über strict about them) and Lost World plays fantastic! I was a little disappointed at the "news" though (if you can even call it such). The cutscene was neat though. :D

I got a bunch of footage of gameplay, the announcements, AND dancing Sonic, but I'll be ninja'd by the time I post it. But the Crush 40 footage is awesome, if I do say so myself. I was very central and back far enough to get an awesome picture!

I also got to meet fellow SSMBers Mykonos, Maurice, and Strong Bad! You guys are way past cool. :) Hope I can go next year, being if the location is not a bad distance.

Oops, forgot to mention: I got autographs of Izukia, Aaron Webber, and the Johnny half of Crush 40 (sadly not Jun, they were literally walking out the door when I asked and only Johnny was kind enough to give me the last autograph of the night!). Yay!

Edited by Sapphire
  • Thumbs Up 2

It was far from a ghost town if nothing else! The Pageant's much bigger than the House of Blues, so it may just be there was more space. smile.png

Was the crowd as unenthusiastic as they appeared in the Live Stream? 

Was the crowd as unenthusiastic as they appeared in the Live Stream?
Honestly I thought the crowd was pretty enthusiastic all night, at least the people I was surrounded by all night.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had an awesome time! Crush 40 was really good, and the shirt I bought also looks sweet!

P.S. Is there any way I can watch the live stream now after its ended? Did anyone record it?

Honestly I thought the crowd was pretty enthusiastic all night, at least the people I was surrounded by all night.

Oh definitely. Granted I was standing right up front during the Crush 40 performance but us there were pretty pumped up, singing at the top of our lungs, there was great energy right there.

Also, I hung out with the Eggman cosplayer you guys were talking about along with some other new friends during the day. I think she just wasn't having that great a day for personal reasons, her outfit was really sweet though. smile.png

Edited by Mykonos

I think she just wasn't having that great a day for personal reasons, her outfit was really sweet thoughsmile.png

Did it have anything to do with a certain pesky hedgehog ;)

I also got to meet fellow SSMBers Mykonos, Maurice, and Strong Bad! You guys are way past cool. smile.png Hope I can go next year, being if the location is not a bad distance.

Your family was really nice, it was great to spend my evening with you and them. Definitely better than the alternative of being alone in a room full of Sonic nerds lol. Be sure to post the 500 pictures we got together in the picture topic. Have a safe drive home =)

I'll post the ~3 or so pictures that ended up on my phone whenever I get the chance to remove the vampire eyes haha, including the one of me Sapphire and Maurice smile.png

Considering how... disenchanted I've been with Sonic and the community at large the past 5 years... I had a fucking blast! No matter how underwhelming the games have been for me for so long, there are still so many qualities about Sonic that I still love, and the music is definitely one of them. Listening to Crush 40 live was an experience I won't soon forget, and I got to do it with a lot of people that see in Sonic today what I did 15 years ago. It was really, really fun, and if I have the chance I would do it again. Thanks, SEGA!

Best Dude55 (I think we met... it was loud lol): We didn't interact much, but it was nice to meet you regardless. Always nice to have a face to go with the name on the board!

• Thumbs Up 2

Any idea if they were providing goodie bags this year? If so, What was in the bag itself?

You missed the news about the limited edition mini Chao statuettes, Kimplix?

Any idea if they were providing goodie bags this year? If so, What was in the bag itself?

Yes!

1. Sonic Boom T-Shirt

2. Sonic Lost World lanyard

3. Limited edition Chao bobbleheads, only 1300 made.

• Thumbs Up 1

You missed the news about the limited edition mini Chao statuettes, Kimplix?

No because I was sleeping (Who would watch a Sonic Convention livestream all the way through from midnight to the morning?)

Yes!

1. Sonic Boom T-Shirt

2. Sonic Lost World lanyard

3. Limited edition Chao bobbleheads, only 1300 made.

Pretty neat. Would like to get my hands on them 3 goodies, but too bad that I don't have the time/money to get to the convention

Edited by kimplix

Who would watch a Sonic Convention livestream all the way through from midnight to the morning?

I did just that. :c

Edited by VEDJ-F

I did just that. :c
Seconding. I did it for Summer of Sonic and I'm eight hours behind! I was shooed away from Iizuka but at least I got Aaron and Hoshino's signatures...

Gah, another Sonic Boom bad-ass shirt >.<

Quick question - who won the cosplay contest?

This really cool Metal Sonic cosplay with light-up eyes and engine.

Hey, get your Shard costume on again and we can have a real brawl. 

This really cool Metal Sonic cosplay with light-up eyes and engine.     Hey, get your Shard costume on again and we can have a real brawl.
Eggman must feel smug. His creations have won twice in a row at Boom. One of these years I'll go as Enerjak... Yardley's version. One positive this year was the lack of bias towards costume goers who spoke Japanese. And the lack of bias towards small children. So that's one improvement over last year! Same with trivia entries being monitored this time.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was awesome, and I can't wait for Tickles-Pickles to star in Mighty and Ray Go To White Castle. Featuring the new Badnik: Darn-it-Tails-not-again! I got a lanyard, a T-shirt, and Chao Bobblehead #0758 of 1300. I can't wait to go to SoS next year. I'll see how that turns out.

Anyone got pics of the Metal Sonic cosplayer? or Video?
I'd upload mine but I'm stuck without a computer until tomorrow. Don't worry though, there were so many flashes you're sure to see a fair share of images in due time. Sega's also likely to do a recap like last year. I'm taking it our Segan overlords didn't record the stream for later watching?

Her costume is awful, but she doesn't seem as into it as some of the others.

How rude. I'd like to see you make a better Eggman, and have you ever thought she just had a bit of a bad day? No respect, I tell you. Okay, so you weren't being rude by the way you worded the second portion, I'll give you that, but to call her costume awful for no reason is just downright rude. I thought it was a very well made cosplay, and she put time into that. You're allowed to have your own opinion, but say more than just "This costume is awful." Even if you don't want to bother with a reason, you could've worded that much better, like "I don't exactly like her costume". I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous.

Functional eyes and engine? D: Heh, he'd whoop my buns..

It was actually a woman cosplaying Metal. Thought you might want to fix that.

Edited by GuywithPie3376