Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2013 "Helllooooooooo St. Louis!"

Badnik Mechanic

I was referring to the price of admission, not travel/housing arrangements/food. I'm like 4 hours away from St. Louis. $20, you say?

Sorry for going a bit off-topic, I suppose my own travel planning isn't particularly relevant to the discussion at hand. ;~; Oops...

Twenty dollars was the price of admission last time yes, the best part being one could have waited right until the doors opened before even buying one.

I don't really see your planning as too off-topic; I'm happy to help other people try and get a general idea of the overall costs (as if you're not nearby it's very probable that the price of the event itself will be the small part of your budget) so they can decide whether to go or not. Hopefully I'm doing my part to increase the turnout. :)

Speaking of turnout... if you have a Sonic Colors hat, folks, be sure to wear it. They were handing those out for free at the last one... so make sure to bring one to be one step ahead of them. ;) I intend to be wearing my Sonic Boom 2012 shirt, and I'm sure they'll probably be handing out 2013 variants... at least you have one clue towards being able to recognise me. :P

Speaking of turnout... if you have a Sonic Colors hat, folks, be sure to wear it. They were handing those out for free at the last one... so make sure to bring one to be one step ahead of them. wink.png I intend to be wearing my Sonic Boom 2012 shirt, and I'm sure they'll probably be handing out 2013 variants... at least you have one clue towards being able to recognise me. tongue.png

Ooh, memorabilia. I'd love to get my hands on a Sonic Boom 2013 shirt or hat. Course I'll be wearing a shirt with Classic Sonic's face on it, along with my Sonic wrist band.

Ooh, memorabilia. I'd love to get my hands on a Sonic Boom 2013 shirt or hat. Course I'll be wearing a shirt with Classic Sonic's face on it, along with my Sonic wrist band.

Presuming it's like last year's event in any way, shape or form, your wish shall be granted. The hat is nothing special and is the same as the Sonic Colors preorder hat, the most notable thing being how everyone was quick to put it on after getting it. :P

While I'm here I may as well recap the music from last time so people get a general idea. They'll probably mix it up but I'm sure the core will remain unaltered; if Cash Cash or Crush 40 did anything for Sonic Lost World I presume we'll get a sampling of such. My memory's a bit hazy but I believe the overall order was this:

Jun Sunoue - Seaside Hill, Splash Hill Zone, Speed Highway (There is nothing quite as surreal as hearing an entire room shout "Up and down and all around!")

Crush 40 - Open Your Heart, What I'm Made Of, Sonic Heroes, Live and Learn (this was their final song); they also gave us Rise Again and Sonic Youth.

Cash Cash - Reach for the Stars (it was really weird without the vocoder), Party In Your Bedroom (Not Sonic but it fit the atmosphere), Big Arms

Crush 40 and Cash Cash - Sonic Boom

I probably missed a few but that was the general idea. I was surprised they didn't have Speak With Your Heart, but I guess they had their reasons. 

Hope you guys have your lyrics memorised, Johnny likes to let the fans finish a lot of the lines. :P

Oh, I forgot. Last year there was some Crush 40 and Cash Cash merchandise one could buy, when they weren't signing up for Sonicmerchandise.com, anyway. Presumably it'll be the same this year... maybe they'll have a larger merch selection? Let's be honest, this is a marketing opportunity SEGA would be stupid to miss out on.

No way, St. Louis is so close to me! biggrin.png

Well it's good I'm not the only SSMBer who's wanting to go!

I can barely wait for those tickets to go on sale...

I do wish they'd hurry up and announce when they'll go on sale; I'm betting money that a lot of people won't even reserve hotels until they're sure they have a ticket. SEGA's killing their turnout the longer they wait...

Given the size of the US, maybe it is for the best that it changes cities each year?

Or why not just pull a PAX and have an east, middle, and west version? I think that would be easier considering.

Or why not just pull a PAX and have an east, middle, and west version? I think that would be easier considering.

The problem is they don't view it as very marketable; they sold only 800 of 1000 tickets (over a five month span; contrast to how Summer of Sonic sells out in minutes) for last year's, and that was during Comic-Con in San Diego, which is in California, the most populous of the US states.

We would need to demonstrate that there's sufficient demand to hold more than just one Sonic Boom...

Which is why I ponder the St. Louis location. Either Missouri is some Sonic-loving capital of the United States, or they thought just smacking the convention in the center of America would magically bring more people to it.

GAAAAASP. Omigosh. My family hasn't been able to decide on a vacation spot this year, so I suggested St. Louis as a semi-joke so my brother and I could go to Sonic Boom. And they actually think it is a terrific idea.

Guys.

GUYS.

I am freaking the heck out. I'm most likely gonna be at Sonic Boom 2013!!! I really can't wait to actually meet some of you guys in person! :)

I am freaking the heck out. I'm most likely gonna be at Sonic Boom 2013!!! I really can't wait to actually meet some of you guys in person! smile.png

Congrats on managing to sway them! Who knows, maybe I'll see some of you there!

I just hope SEGA gets on the tickets soon, given the fact, as I stated before, they're kind of killing the chance of out-of-town visitors the longer they wait... hotels and flights get more expensive by the day. :(

I was debating with a friend (who's a casual fan but he goes with me regardless) if I should try and start a group singalong while we wait for the doors to open. I thought It Doesn't Matter would be the best idea given what it represents, and you know, we're going to hear Crush 40 in there anyway. Naturally he wasn't open to that since he doesn't know that song, but the people at the event most certainly will... it is the one time a year you can geek out over Sonic in person!

His other suggestion was the Sonic Rap. I denied that simply because I can just see Aaron Webber walking along the line (as he did last year), hearing the vulgar lyrics, and then spitting whatever drink he's sipping all over the place in shock.

• Thumbs Up 1

Congrats on managing to sway them! Who knows, maybe I'll see some of you there!

I just hope SEGA gets on the tickets soon, given the fact, as I stated before, they're kind of killing the chance of out-of-town visitors the longer they wait... hotels and flights get more expensive by the day. sad.png

I was debating with a friend (who's a casual fan but he goes with me regardless) if I should try and start a group singalong while we wait for the doors to open. I thought It Doesn't Matter would be the best idea given what it represents, and you know, we're going to hear Crush 40 in there anyway. Naturally he wasn't open to that since he doesn't know that song, but the people at the event most certainly will... it is the one time a year you can geek out over Sonic in person!

His other suggestion was the Sonic Rap. I denied that simply because I can just see Aaron Webber walking along the line (as he did last year), hearing the vulgar lyrics, and then spitting whatever drink he's sipping all over the place in shock.

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately nothing can be set in stone without the tickets being available, and you're right, things are just going to get more expensive from here on out...

A group singalong would be fantastic! And It Doesn't Matter (I like either version) would be a great choice, it's definitely one of my favorite Sonic songs with lyrics, and no doubt people know that one by heart. 

A group singalong would be fantastic! And It Doesn't Matter (I like either version) would be a great choice, it's definitely one of my favorite Sonic songs with lyrics, and no doubt people know that one by heart. 

They most certainly would. At last year's concert, Jun Sunoue was playing Speed Highway, and countless people were shouting "Up and down and all around!" in the relevant parts with the chorus. There's a reason I say it's the place to be if you want to geek out with fellow fans for one day a year. :P

That's not even factoring in what's before the actual event! One could quite safely be hanging around the actual venue for an hour or two before it starts. Lots of room for conversing or just screwing around. Having everyone sing some songs would help pass the time enormously!

My suggestion to everyone would be to get themselves a Gatorade. My St. Louis friends tell me that the heat in August is a cruel mistress.

My suggestion to everyone would be to get themselves a Gatorade. My St. Louis friends tell me that the heat in August is a cruel mistress.

This.

I went into the city today and it was 98 degrees and insanely humid. Just sitting there made you feel worn out tongue.png

And it's only June....

Edited by Best Dude55
  • Thumbs Up 1

This.

I went into the city today and it was 98 degrees and insanely humid. Just sitting there made you feel worn out tongue.png

And it's only June....

117 degrees here today, no humidity due to the desert, but good lord... my friend doesn't keep air conditioning in his car either.

Please tell me there's lots of shade at the Delmar Loop if nothing else. It's one of those trendy business districts so I'd presume yes, but you never know... my day at the last Sonic Boom was utterly crap until I got inside because my friend made me walk all the way up and down downtown San Diego with nothing to drink and the sun shining right in my face.

Everyone, make sure to bring your Sonic hats. I get the feeling they'll be very useful.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make it to this year's Sonic Boom like I did for the last two, but it's still possible. We'll see what happens.

Either way, I'm glad that SEGA's doing it again, and that people who aren't as close to California now have a better chance of being able to go.

117 degrees here today, no humidity due to the desert, but good lord... my friend doesn't keep air conditioning in his car either.

Please tell me there's lots of shade at the Delmar Loop if nothing else. It's one of those trendy business districts so I'd presume yes, but you never know... my day at the last Sonic Boom was utterly crap until I got inside because my friend made me walk all the way up and down downtown San Diego with nothing to drink and the sun shining right in my face.

Everyone, make sure to bring your Sonic hats. I get the feeling they'll be very useful.

There are a lot of places to cool off on Delmar Loop so the heat shouldn't be a problem. I'd still take a hat and sunglasses though.

Either way, I'm glad that SEGA's doing it again, and that people who aren't as close to California now have a better chance of being able to go.

Maybe one year they'll have one on both coasts...

But first, we need to make it look commercially viable! I intend to promote this viciously.

...after I get a ticket anyway. Last thing I'd want is to promote so much that I don't get a ticket!

...whenever SEGA hurries up and gets us the ticket date, anyway. I'm chalking up this year's late announcement to a seriously incompetent company bureaucracy.

There are a lot of places to cool off on Delmar Loop so the heat shouldn't be a problem. I'd still take a hat and sunglasses though.

Well that's a relief!

I will most certainly be getting those... let's hope that Sonic Colors hat is useful for this purpose! :P

The Colors hat might just make it worse unless all that sweat will cool you down, but there is a baseball cap with Sonic's mug on it. I own one, though it might not fit anymore.

Edited by GuywithPie3376

The Colors hat might just make it worse unless all that sweat will cool you down, but there is a baseball cap with Sonic's mug on it. I own one, though it might not fit anymore.

I too have a baseball hat that doesn't fit around my fat noggin!

I will probably bring an actual cap, though given that Sonic hats were handed out at the last one, I'll bring mine solely so it goes with my Sonic Boom 2012 shirt.

I'm actually curious what sort of free goodies they'll hand out. Last time was a shirt, hat, a chao keychain, and an Archie comic book. Altogether it really paid for the 20 dollar ticket fee, the actual venue notwithstanding.

I'm just so psyched there's a new one! ...even if not so much about the particular location. :P

The Sonic page on Facebook just announced that tickets are going on sale Wednesday, July 3rd at 10:00 am CST. I haven't seen any mention of prices yet though.

Edited by Best Dude55

I'd presume 20 dollars, though even if it's higher it'll be more than worth the money given the many perks it comes with. If nothing else that price tag is a good deterrent in terms of keeping a mass ticket rush from occurring.

Question is, what site do we go to for this information? Ticketmaster or something else? SEGA was very vague; they didn't even put the info on their blog.

At least my prediction of ticket details on the 1st was correct! Thank God. SEGA was cutting it close...

https://www.facebook.com/events/396555440454401?q5974567=1 Also if anyone has a Facebook, feel free to say you're going at the official page!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Yeah ticket details are now out...

Wednesday, July 3rd at 10am CT

No idea on price, numbers, where you get them from, thats it.

Yeah ticket details are now out...

Wednesday, July 3rd at 10am CT

No idea on price, numbers, where you get them from, thats it.

Best Dude shared this first, but thank you regardless.

They have been dropping the ball pretty well this year setting this event up. I don't see why they'd announce a date without even giving a price or where you buy them...

Thus, while I'm happy SEGA's getting everything together, I'm still going to accuse them of bureaucratic incompetence. tongue.png

Never mind the fact this information wasn't put on the SEGA blog. This was on... Facebook. Which I assume is not where fans tend to think "Sonic News!"

Given SoA's track record of announcing things this year (hi Generations of Skate), I'd be thankful that they even gave you a date beforehand, and didn't just go "HEY LOOK WHAT WE'RE DOING THIS WEEKEND" XD

Given SoA's track record of announcing things this year (hi Generations of Skate), I'd be thankful that they even gave you a date beforehand, and didn't just go "HEY LOOK WHAT WE'RE DOING THIS WEEKEND" XD

True indeed! I'm very, very grateful they at least gave us a 40 day warning... I just hope next year they give us a little more time... plus announce when ticket sales will be on the same day as the event... and where the tickets will be sold...

Between the location (for a Midwestern location, I would have presumed somewhere like Chicago or Texas) and timing I ponder exactly who's supervising the event this year. XD

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice