Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2013 "Helllooooooooo St. Louis!"

Badnik Mechanic

Just thought I'd let everyone know, on the Pageant's website tickets for Sonic Boom are listed as $23.00, and you will also be able to purchase tickets on the website when they go on sale.

Also Crush 40 is listed as attending, so that's some more info.

Edited by Best Dude55

Just thought I'd let everyone know, on the Pageant's website tickets for Sonic Boom are listed as $23.00, and you will also be able to purchase tickets on the website when they go on sale.

Ta muchly... I'll get that newsed in a moment... lol 50p says theres now gonna be a demand.

Edit: actually... might have to ask someone about this first.

Edit 2: Can't news it due to... reasons. But... you can still chat about it, just I can't really post it on the main page due to reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm amused this information was up at the Pageant before SEGA got around to it... SEGA said they'd put up the info on ticket sales some time today, but the day's almost over in the US.

Regardless, eagerly looking forward to my party tonight. My friend and I shall burn the midnight oil right up until the tickets open!

Crush 40 was a given; I presume Cash Cash will also be present since they're SEGA's musical darling for non-rock songs. Shame someone like Lee Brotherton or Tony Harnell isn't present. sad.png

I wonder what non-Sonic songs those two will add to the mix this time... will they have the same song lineup, or change it around?

Last year they played something by the name of "Rise Again," a non-Sonic song, but nonetheless represents the spirit of the fanbase quite well I think!

One thing's for certain. This year I'm bringing more money so I can buy a Crush 40 shirt. They've produced some of the most-beloved tunes in my library.

Actually that makes me wonder how much merch will be on sale there. SEGA should -really- capitalise on the fact they have everyone in one place and have a bunch of merchandise in some part of the place.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

The Pageant's website says all tickets are sold through Ticketmaster if you buy them online. That solves that question!

Bought mine already. I stayed up all night for this.

Now that my entry is secure...

I'ma go share this on all my social media. Hopefully I can get a few of a hundred followers to go... I shall do my duty to make sure this event sells out!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. smile.png

Bought my tickets. Barring extreme circumstances, I should be there. I'll probably post in here closer to the date about meetup plans in case anyone's interested.

Bought my tickets. Barring extreme circumstances, I should be there.

The more the merrier!

I'm curious what song roster Crush 40 will have this time. The same as last time? Will they replace Rise Again with something else?

Would I AM or His World or Never Turn Back make it in?

They really should have some sort of poll somewhere for fans to decide what songs they wish to hear... after all, fans make it all possible!

Well I've bought my tickets so I should be there bar anything unexpected. Don't know who's all coming with me, my sister is supposed to get back to me on that.

I wonder what the trivia contest this year will involve...

I demand one of the questions involve the Fleetway continuity. I'd love to see the people wrap their heads around that.

They were savvy with game trivia, but as soon as it moved into comic books, they all became headscratchers. tongue.png

So... I'm extremely excited to hear that Sonic Boom is coming to my hometown this year! :D I bought my tickets already on July 3, and I look forward to singing It Doesn't Matter (or maybe Open your heart?) while we wait in line. :P Hope to see many of you folks there, not too many members over at Retro are going due to the ticket price... But I'm sure I'll still get to meet many awesome people from the Sonic community. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I can't wait to meet people! I live out in St Charles county so the drive isn't that bad, I just hope parking won't be a problem.

Up to 399 people on Facebook between going, maybe and invites! Looks like we're poised to have a booming experience.

I bought my tickets already on July 3, and I look forward to singing It Doesn't Matter (or maybe Open your heart?)

I've made sure to share the idea on Facebook's Sonic Boom page... may as well get everyone behind it!

My friend says he doesn't want to do that because he doesn't know the lyrics to It Doesn't Matter, but that's too bad! >:[

Hope to see many of you folks there, not too many members over at Retro are going due to the ticket price... But I'm sure I'll still get to meet many awesome people from the Sonic community. wink.png

I've actually debated getting some sort of conbadge (just a small image with your username on it) done. I've made sure to promote the topic on Sonic Blast and Sonic Retro as well as here, so I've pondered if folks would recognise me by name alone.

If nothing else there's a pizza place across the street! I know where I can have some fun prior to the venue!

Yeah I can't wait to meet people! I live out in St Charles county so the drive isn't that bad, I just hope parking won't be a problem.

At the last Sonic Boom there was a parking garage across the street from the venue but it cost 40 dollars. I'd check a few blocks away from the venue, as normally it's cheaper there.

Wish I could make it, someone film the entire thing!

Don't worry, someone will.

My camera only records one hour unfortunately. sad.png

But with my cell phone I could probably get a fair bit!

I'll try to keep my voice down so my singing doesn't blur out Johnny's.

I wonder how Aaron Webber (he was walking around the line at the last one so I presume he'll be here too) would react to a group singalong. Join in perhaps? biggrin.png

Don't worry, someone will.

My camera only records one hour unfortunately. sad.png

But with my cell phone I could probably get a fair bit!

I'll try to keep my voice down so my singing doesn't blur out Johnny's.

I wonder how Aaron Webber (he was walking around the line at the last one so I presume he'll be here too) would react to a group singalong. Join in perhaps? biggrin.png

Hopefully! We need 1080p Crush 40!

Hopefully! We need 1080p Crush 40!

If I had a professional video camera you'd bet I'd arrange that.

...actually. I may as well go and get one. I'll check to see how much they cost. As it stands I'm limited to a Flip and iPhone 4. I'd like to catch it all in full if possible... the better the camera, the more vivid the memory. smile.png

Plus the better it'll look when I upload it to Youtube. tongue.png

So... what part of St. Charles County do you live in? I live in O'Fallon. :)  I'll also be taking tons of pictures and a few videos on my phone I just got to remember to charge it before going there. :V Also I just realized you're from Sonic Blast as well too Ogilvie. (I just read your post and then I saw your username. xD) August 10th is still too far away. Also my gf and I are just thinking about booking a hotel room since there might be some sort of after party and if there is well we don't want to drive 45 minutes back home. :V

Person raised a good question on the Book of Faces: do we sing the SA or SA2 version of It Doesn't Matter? That's a bit of a hurdle!

Just to be cautious I think I'll put the lyrics on my phone so I don't get mixed up either way.

It's not fun unless we're so loud the police have to come and tell us we're causing a disturbance! tongue.png

Also I just realized you're from Sonic Blast as well too Ogilvie. (I just read your post and then I saw your username. xD)

I post on Blast as Ogilvie and Retro as Tanicius. I actually got active on Blast solely to make sure everyone there was informed about the event!

August 10th is still too far away.

At least it's not as far away as last year's several month difference! What's really irritating is that it's so close and yet, the days won't pass more quickly! Perhaps when I get done with schoolwork in about 2 weeks I can just sleep the days away...

Not looking forward to the flight there though! Have to stop once...

Also my gf and I are just thinking about booking a hotel room since there might be some sort of after party and if there is well we don't want to drive 45 minutes back home. :V

Shame I can't drink or I'd probably inquire more about such parties! I'll just be heading back to my room afterwards to probably play some Transformed or some such with my best friend and my ex.

I'm actually curious how many fellow fans will be at the Moonrise. I'll find out quick - I intend to wear Sonic shirts every day I'm there. Hopefully that will draw some attention! I get in the 8th and leave on the 12th, so if any fellow fans have the same thinking patterns I do, maybe I'll meet some who are there for more than just one day!

Thats awesome, and I wish I could go, but San Louie is a bit too far away(I had hoped it was going to be in cali,, then I could have made it but oh well) So you guys will have to tell me how well it plays, will just have to wait for my copy this fall....

I sort have figured that a demo of Sonic Lost World would be playable at the event, while there are gameplay footage on Youtube I plan on recording some while i'm there too. Or have my gf record while I play or something. xD I'm guessing there will be a free comic book like they handed out last year among other goodies too. Also we're thinking about trying to book a room at the Moonrise hotel as well, maybe we'll cross paths Ogilvie . :D  I suggest since you're going to be in St. Louis for a bit you should check out the zoo it's free. (Except for parking, but many people park on the side of the road for free...)

So... what part of St. Charles County do you live in? I live in O'Fallon.

I live out in Wentzville. Most boring town on the planet, until the convention was announced. Then I kinda felt really excited to live here tongue.png

Aaaaaaah I bought my tickets last Wednesday and I am good to go! Honestly, it seems too good to be true. I cant wait! :D

Wish I could make it, someone film the entire thing!

I'll probably have countless iPhone-quality videos and Vines from it! Don't worry! 

Person raised a good question on the Book of Faces: do we sing the SA or SA2 version of It Doesn't Matter? That's a bit of a hurdle!

Just to be cautious I think I'll put the lyrics on my phone so I don't get mixed up either way.

It's not fun unless we're so loud the police have to come and tell us we're causing a disturbance! tongue.png

Hmm... I say the SA2 version. The melody is a little easier to sing along to. And I personally like that one better. But we should ask around, I think.