Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2013 "Helllooooooooo St. Louis!"

Badnik Mechanic

And hopefully I'll be there to hear those screams. happy.png

I will be hard to miss! I'll have an image of myself with my conbadge up soon enough.

I suppose I'll wear it around the Delmar Loop in general just in case I'm not the only one staying for more than a few hours!

So if you order the tickets off Ticketmaster, they come in the mail?

The ones I bought are printed out and then presented at the venue.

As far as I can see tickets are transferrable (anyone can use them).

With the weather cooling down, I don't think heat will be a problem for us, but still be prepared. If you happen to spot me, I look like Blade the Vampire hunter.

Well in August it tends to get pretty hot but like you've said we have been having mild weather lately. As for getting tickets you can get them to mail them to you, or you can print them out of course. Finally if you don't feel like buying tickets online you can pick them up there at their box office. I believe I've mentioned this before but meh. xD Has anyone here submit their questions yet?

Well it's good the heat will be mild because lord knows I'm far more sensitive to that than cold.

With the weather cooling down, I don't think heat will be a problem for us, but still be prepared. If you happen to spot me, I look like Blade the Vampire hunter.

...Time to Google!

Well in August it tends to get pretty hot but like you've said we have been having mild weather lately. As for getting tickets you can get them to mail them to you, or you can print them out of course. Finally if you don't feel like buying tickets online you can pick them up there at their box office. I believe I've mentioned this before but meh. xD Has anyone here submit their questions yet?

I sent six to SEGA America! Let's hope they pick a few!

Picking the tickets up the day of is an incredibly risky move... you never know if one year enough people mob Ticketmaster!

Picking the tickets up the day of is an incredibly risky move... you never know if one year enough people mob Ticketmaster!

True fact. Better to order tickets online than deal with tons o' people. I highly recommend, if able, printing them off as that's the easiest smooth criminal tactic plus it'll save you money on delivering fees.

I finally got around to submitting about 6 questions last night, so I hope at least one of them will be asked. :3 I had submitted about 3 or 4 difficult questions while I submitted about 2 or 3 easy ones. Most of them were questions based around Sonic 1. ;)

True fact. Better to order tickets online than deal with tons o' people. I highly recommend, if able, printing them off as that's the easiest smooth criminal tactic plus it'll save you money on delivering fees.

I have mine but a few feet away safely beneath a paperweight... I can hardly wait! But 11 more days!

I finally got around to submitting about 6 questions last night, so I hope at least one of them will be asked. :3 I had submitted about 3 or 4 difficult questions while I submitted about 2 or 3 easy ones. Most of them were questions based around Sonic 1. wink.png

I went the route of really obscure curveballs... I notice video game questions are pretty well known as the bulk of the folk going are MASSIVE geeks on the subject. Last year's Archie questions had them royally stumped, however (I, meanwhile, got it right. Muhahaha!).

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

tumblr_mqemnvtdI41r9szrgo1_250.jpg

tumblr_mqemnvtdI41r9szrgo2_250.jpg

They cameeee!!! 

Hmm, I better get on sending in some trivia questions. It's gonna be so tough though since everyone knows everything...

Hmm, I better get on sending in some trivia questions. It's gonna be so tough though since everyone knows everything...

The deeper you dig, the better!

The expanded universe beyond the games seems to be the best way to stump the otherwise-incredibly savvy triviagoers.

SEGA has poor judgment on question difficulty. For example, the name of Sonic's uncle was classed as "hard" apparently.

What, just what?

Maybe to a casual fan who just plays a few of the games, but to the hardcore fans (who are probably about 90% of the crowd given the fact they filled in the "Up and down and all around" part of the Speed Highway beat, cheered for SA3, said "NO!" to Marine the Raccoon returning en masse, and otherwise sang every lyric just about perfectly is any indication) such questions are peanuts.

tumblr_mqemnvtdI41r9szrgo1_250.jpg

tumblr_mqemnvtdI41r9szrgo2_250.jpg

They cameeee!!! 

My ticket's here too! Time for Sonic Boom! See you peeps there...if you are able to meet me! wink.png

Advice Edit: Be sure to make a scanned copy.

Edited by Abominal Taz

Dang, I still need to buy mine.

514 folks going with 154 maybes on Facebook... presuming there's 1000 tickets, that's a fair amount; we might be in our last hundred for all we know (though given the young demographic I'd assume 80% of those going are marked as such on FB)! Don't delay my friend!

514 folks going with 154 maybes on Facebook... presuming there's 1000 tickets, that's a fair amount; we might be in our last hundred for all we know (though given the young demographic I'd assume 80% of those going are marked as such on FB)! Don't delay my friend!

That number went up to 519, (just now since I joined) so you may be right about being near the last hundred.

I will not. I will order them by tomorrow. cool.png

Also, can someone post a link to this facebook page? I couldn't find it when I tried searching for it...

Edited by Robotgamma

https://www.facebook.com/events/396555440454401/

Here you go, my friend!

It's so heartwarming to see the "Going" category rapidly picking up as people finally make their plans... it's gonna be a blast! ^__^

On another note... it's not the best photo but since my iPad's having issues it's the best I can get:

zl6CJWk.jpg

I should be hard to miss now I hope! I will be wearing that same Sonic Boom 2012 shirt and wearing that same badge on the 10th.

Despite my looks I promise I'm not a criminal. And yes I will have an actual lanyard on the 10th.

Thanks!

Edit: Tickets ordered. See you all saturday!

We're gonna be up all night to get there Saturday morning...or 2-3pm. Or...whatever, I'm gonna be hitting Forest Park before then.

Aaaaaah guys it's on Saturday already I can't believe it!!!! I absolutely can't wait to see you all there! :)

Anyone looking to meet up can send me a PM for my phone #. I should be there around 30 minutes early, and I have no idea how late i'll be staying since my ride might be preoccupied lol.

I'm planning on getting in line about 1.5 to 2 hours early. Not sure when anyone else will get there, but I'll be there then :P

I should be making my way there around 3:45 or 4:15. Depends on how long I kill time in Forest Park. I'd be up to meeting up, but I want to be an enigma....ph34r.png 

Is there good parking near the Pageant? Thinking about hitting up a real cheap hotel about 30 miles away, but I'd hate to do that and realize there's nowhere to park.