Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2013 "Helllooooooooo St. Louis!"

Badnik Mechanic

Okay turns out my iPad takes slightly better photos. If this isn't enough I'll also have a wallet with Sonic's face sticking out of my pocket.

yq1x5Pv.jpg

I will be wearing this exact same shirt, lanyard, ID, etc.. I also intend to be sitting outside the doors for 2 or 3 hours prior to the event beginning.

I will probably have a different haircut and a cleaner shave but, that's inconsequential.

===

SEGA's finally given us a schedule!

"(Please note that times are NOT exact and will vary depending on the pace of the show. Please use this as a reference guide to the order of events only, not as an exact time schedule.)

5:00 PM – Doors open

6:00 PM – Crush 40

7:30 PM – Q&A with Iizuka-san and Hoshino-san

8:00 PM – Costume contest

8:45 PM – Trivia contest

9:30 PM – News

10:00 PM – Event is over"

Other details:

"The doors for the event open at 5:00 PM. Please have your ticket ready for The Pageant staff to check. This will help everyone get into the venue in a timely manner! Your bags may be searched by venue security on the way in. We’ve informed venue security that you are welcome to take all the photos and videos you’d like inside, so there’s no need to hide your cameras.

We will have Wii U and 3DS stations available for you to play Sonic Lost World. Please be patient if there is a line, and be courteous to your fellow Sonic fans by keeping the line moving when you’re done playing.

There will be a free dinner buffet available! The buffet will include:

Sliders – mini beef, chicken, and veggie burgers

Hot dogs – with or without chili topping (yes… we have chili dogs this year!)

Nachos

Toasted Ravioli (a St. Louis specialty!)

Dessert

There will also be free water and soda available for everyone. If you are 21 or older and would like to purchase alcohol, you can do so at the bar on the balcony level. (The balcony level is only available to guests 21 or older.)

Each guest will also get a free bag of exclusive Sonic Boom 2013 merchandise. The merchandise will be available in the cafe area next to the concert area. In addition, Crush 40 will have merchandise available for you to purchase.

If you would like to participate in the trivia contest, please go to the merchandise area to fill out a raffle ticket (one ticket per person, please!). We will randomly draw names from those entries, and six lucky people will get chosen to come on stage and answer trivia in two teams of three people. Make sure you fill out your raffle ticket early in the evening if you want to participate!

If you would like to participate in the costume contest, simply come on stage when we invite participants up. There is no pre-registration necessary."

Is there good parking near the Pageant? Thinking about hitting up a real cheap hotel about 30 miles away, but I'd hate to do that and realize there's nowhere to park.

SEGA reports there being parking right behind the Pageant that's free.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 1

So my gf and I will probably be heading out from our hotel around 3 or 4 so we can get there early. We didn't have enough money to book a room at the Moonrise which is the closest hotel to the Pageant, but we managed to book one at a different hotel. (I forgot the name of it though... :V) It's not too far from the hotel though which is great. So who else will be entering their name for a chance to be selected for the trivia contest? If I do get selected, i'm going to be extremely nervous. :S

So my gf and I will probably be heading out from our hotel around 3 or 4 so we can get there early. We didn't have enough money to book a room at the Moonrise which is the closest hotel to the Pageant, but we managed to book one at a different hotel. (I forgot the name of it though... :V) It's not too far from the hotel though which is great. So who else will be entering their name for a chance to be selected for the trivia contest? If I do get selected, i'm going to be extremely nervous. :S

I will most certainly be entering! I do hope they go beyond game trivia more; it makes it far more amusing to watch how clueless so many folks suddenly become. ...that and it'd give me a bit of an edge.

Sounds like we'll likely be among the first people there... but then again everyone's likely to have the same idea so I'm eager to see how big the line is at 2-3 PM. tongue.png

Nachos

Dessert

I can already hear my stomach grumbling...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just glad they finally have chili dogs.

I'd hate to be the cleanup crew though. Oh dear god how much I'd hate that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nachos

Dessert

Ok, who's all in for a chili dog eating contest?

I'm not quite sure what time I'll be getting there. But I'll be one wearing a Sonic hat... oh, wait... 

If you wanna meet up while there, just PM me for my cell number. smile.png

Edited by Sapphire

Ok, who's all in for a chili dog eating contest?

...soooo tempting, I will admit. My stomach tends to go up and down in terms of how much it wants to cooperate though so I'd be intimidated on that factor alone.

I'm not quite sure what time I'll be getting there. But I'll be one wearing a Sonic hat... oh, wait...

This is gonna be like finding hay in a needlemouse stack!

...wait I think I got that wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wonder if I'd be able to keep any food down given the anticipation for the 9:30 announcement... "News." What could that entail? More Lost World stuff? Transformed DLC? That new cartoon being more than a rumor? Some third Sonic game, most likely a spinoff? Perhaps even some confirmation of Sonic being in a second Wreck-It Ralph? There's so many things it can encapsulate so my mind is racing!

I just wonder if I'd be able to keep any food down given the anticipation for the 9:30 announcement... "News." What could that entail? More Lost World stuff? Transformed DLC? That new cartoon being more than a rumor? Some third Sonic game, most likely a spinoff? Perhaps even some confirmation of Sonic being in a second Wreck-It Ralph? There's so many things it can encapsulate so my mind is racing!

I feel like "news" isn't gonna be anything too big besides Lost World and Mario and Sonic 2014 stuff. BUT that's not stopping me from speculating. I'm praying that Sonic cartoon rumor is true though, even though it's probably not. :P 

I feel like "news" isn't gonna be anything too big besides Lost World and Mario and Sonic 2014 stuff. BUT that's not stopping me from speculating. I'm praying that Sonic cartoon rumor is true though, even though it's probably not. tongue.png

Well, with the sources that were linked by that article being credible as memory serves, one has to wonder... the question then becomes if the cartoon's soon enough we'll see any hints of it at Boom. Wikipedia may not be a good source, but very often what it uses for references can be. To me the stranger thing is the guy making all those comments before SEGA said anything about it.

If Boom 2012 is any hint, they like to have news that isn't predictable - while SA2HD was leaked prior to Boom the Transformed and Wreck-It Ralph bits were genuinely surprising I think. So we can hope!

Just a quick list of things to do in St Louis if you happen to have some free time:

• Fitz's root beer store is really close to the pageant, and they have some of the best soda around.

• Crown candy is also somewhat nearby. Their milkshakes are insanely good and they have BLTs with a pound of deep fried bacon! (Just a heads up, the place is really small and there is usually a pretty long wait to get in)

• The science center is a really cool free attraction you can go to. If you have some spare money, you can see a movie at the omnimax theater, where the movie screen is a dome and you have to look around to see the whole thing.

• The arch is an obvious choice also, you can ride a super tiny elevator to the top and see St. Louis.

• If you're willing to drive a little bit, there's also Six Flags.

• You can also take a tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery located downtown.

• Lastly, PLEASE stop by Ted Drewe's. It is hands down the best frozen custard you will ever try. I guarantee you won't regret it.

Only 4 days left! This weekend I'm gonna be out and around the metro doing stuff getting ready for Sonic Boom! Can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope they actually reveal/announce something interesting like that rumored Sonic cartoon, the 3rd Sonic game, etc. so I can have something to anticipate for next year. My bets is that they'll probably release another exclusive trailer to Lost World but I hope it's a story cutscene and they show Eggman, Knuckles and Amy in the game if they're even in it..

• Thumbs Up 2

Just a quick list of things to do in St Louis if you happen to have some free time:

• Fitz's root beer store is really close to the pageant, and they have some of the best soda around.

• Crown candy is also somewhat nearby. Their milkshakes are insanely good and they have BLTs with a pound of deep fried bacon! (Just a heads up, the place is really small and there is usually a pretty long wait to get in)

• The science center is a really cool free attraction you can go to. If you have some spare money, you can see a movie at the omnimax theater, where the movie screen is a dome and you have to look around to see the whole thing.

• The arch is an obvious choice also, you can ride a super tiny elevator to the top and see St. Louis.

• If you're willing to drive a little bit, there's also Six Flags.

• You can also take a tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery located downtown.

• Lastly, PLEASE stop by Ted Drewe's. It is hands down the best frozen custard you will ever try. I guarantee you won't regret it.

Only 4 days left! This weekend I'm gonna be out and around the metro doing stuff getting ready for Sonic Boom! Can't wait!

All that sounds super cool! And a pound of bacon? Mmmmm... Do you have any opinions on the "City Museum" (if that's the name)? I heard it's super cool and we probably gonna stop there one day, as well as go to a Cardinals/Pirates baseball game (I'm from Pittsburgh).

Well, with the sources that were linked by that article being credible as memory serves, one has to wonder... the question then becomes if the cartoon's soon enough we'll see any hints of it at Boom. Wikipedia may not be a good source, but very often what it uses for references can be. To me the stranger thing is the guy making all those comments before SEGA said anything about it.

If Boom 2012 is any hint, they like to have news that isn't predictable - while SA2HD was leaked prior to Boom the Transformed and Wreck-It Ralph bits were genuinely surprising I think. So we can hope!

Hmm... this is true. Great, now I'm going to be speculating until Saturday. tongue.png

Edited by Sapphire

The city museum is one of the few places I haven't been to here, but every person I've ever talked to says its a super fun place to go to. I'd definitely check it out!

Not being fond of taking mass transit I will be stuck at the Loop for the three days I'm in town.

Will be checking out all the stuff that's there, however.

In other news...

I'm anticipating we'll see the trailer Nintendo leaked today, but in English. Let's hope we have even more awesome exclusive things, though!

I'd just like to point something out here.

At SOS, why do you think we leave the bands until last? Because it's our show finisher, it's the climax, we want to end the event on a high.

Boom is no different.

This 30 min 'news' slot is coming after Crush 40 and all the days event, they're expecting this to get some kind of OH MY GOD reaction. I think you might be in for a treat... just please... someone record it!

This 30 min 'news' slot is coming after Crush 40 and all the days event, they're expecting this to get some kind of OH MY GOD reaction. I think you might be in for a treat... just please... someone record it!

We think alike, Hogfather. They really want us to leave on a positive note... so I will try my best to record it given they've given the go ahead to electronics.

Besides, I got most of the concert last year, want to try something different this one...

I really should have bought an actual video camera. Alas, my Flip only records one hour of footage.

Now, while I'm here...

If you would like to participate in the trivia contest, please go to the merchandise area to fill out a raffle ticket (one ticket per person, please!).

They say this because last year, a lot of people actually put in their name more than once. Ergo, I find this hilarious because of that anecdote alone.

If they do announce a new Sonic game, any chance it would be on the Xbox or Playstation? Or are all Sonic games exclusive to the Wii U now?

Edited by Robotgamma

If they do announce a new Sonic game, any chance it would be on the Xbox or Playstation? Or are all Sonic games exclusive to the Wii U now?

It's probably the 3rd Nintendo exclusive Sonic game.

Next three games are exclusively Nintendo.

So if we do get some new game (I doubt it given we're already slated for two, but it could be handheld or some other spinoff, as for a while there you could get three Sonic games a year), it'll be Wii U or 3DS. My bet is on 3DS given that normally it's HD, Nintendo console and handheld if there's three. Wii U already covers the first two and Olympics/Lost World are there, so next is likely a handheld exclusive.

Or hey, maybe we'll be spoiled and get some third spinoff in Spring or something.

If there is some third game I can guarantee it most likely won't be out in 2013.

Considering that they haven't announced the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic game yet, if they announce anything new at Sonic Boom (which I doubt), then unless it's another smartphone/tablet game, it'll not be on the Xbox or PlayStation consoles.

Considering that they haven't announced the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic game yet, if they announce anything new at Sonic Boom (which I doubt), then unless it's another smartphone/tablet game, it'll not be on the Xbox or PlayStation consoles.

And given Dash, I don't think mobile will be an announcement unless it was ported to Android.

Though overall I'm not expecting a third game unless we're going to have a year like 08-09 where we got Dark Brotherhood, Unleashed and Black Knight all within a close span of time.

With how poorly Black Knight did I doubt Storybook is a possibility... so in terms of spinoffs we'd be left with Sonic 4, but I wouldn't doubt a new title entirely.

Personally? I'm more hoping for some confirmation that the Boom cartoon is real than anything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about something like an xbox/playstation arcade re-release? Last year was Sonic Adventure 2, and I'm still hoping that Sonic Heroes will one day be redone in HD...

Oh well, one can only hope. 

This will be my last post for the next few days. Hope to see some of you folks at SSMB! My nametag will hopefully go a long way towards making me recognisable...

What about something like an xbox/playstation arcade re-release? Last year was Sonic Adventure 2, and I'm still hoping that Sonic Heroes will one day be redone in HD...

Oh well, one can only hope.

They were planning to port Shadow recently weren't they?

With its semi-mixed reception, though, I doubt they've give it an announcement... the SA2HD thing last year seemed perfectly timed to the "We want SA3!" sentiment the crowd seemed to be channeling if nothing else.

I'm quite eager to see what they throw at us regardless. I'll be recording...