Awoo.

I Hope You Weren't Wanting A New F-Zero....

Patticus

Isn't that Square-Eni- Wait, Square-Enix gives a shit about online?!

Why wouldn't they? They primarily make single player games, not multiplayer games that fuck you over because the people you want to play with are miles away. 

Nintendo is literally the only developer I can think of who pulls this shit in this day and age. As far as I recall I don't have any multiplayer PS3 games released in the past five years that don't have online play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a single Kindgom Hearts game with multiplayer, that should have definitely had it, had online. 358/2 Days was begging for it.

I've noticed specific teams are the only ones who take the initiative. Sakurai does it, and the MK team does it.

... That's about it, I think.

Most of the other series don't really need online, and the ones that do have been shafted to hell.

The Mario team is really the only one that fucks up this much so often. 

Online multiplayer Mario Party with voice chat would be fascinating as a character study.

• Thumbs Up 7

I just want a new F-Zero. That's all. There's no need don't have to reinvent the wheel... There's no need to add any extra gimmicks into the formula. It's has been almost a fucking decade... There is nothing that would help get people interested in the series more than a new entry and advertisement elbow grease.

F-Zero GX was an amazing game. Take the foundation of it and built something better. Provide online support. Not just the 30-player online people are begging for, but bring back the Custom-Car Garage and allow me to exchange parts with people online. Add extra modes like Online Gran-prix, Team races, Death races (where you must eliminate the other cars until you're the last racer racing) and so on.

The Story mode was hit and miss with a lot of people -- but as I said on that F-Zero Topic I made months back -- either try again and make the missions more tolerable or scrapped it and make a more robust grand-prix. They already had interviews in GX, give each character a intro, rival and ending cutscene. Bingo. That's all the new I need. Hell, I take a little less! I just want to race with my friends in crazy speeds in HD.

Edited by Zen YoshiUnity

Not a single Kindgom Hearts game with multiplayer, that should have definitely had it, had online. 358/2 Days was begging for it.

358/2 Days was also begging for decent pacing, combat mechanics that were actually fun, competent design and actual variety, but it didn't have any of that stuff, either.

I wouldn't judge Square Enix's practices regarding online based on the absolute worst game in one of their core franchises.

• Thumbs Up 3

358/2 Days was also begging for decent pacing, combat mechanics that were actually fun, competent design and actual variety, but it didn't have any of that stuff, either.

I wouldn't judge Square Enix's practices regarding online based on the absolute worst game in one of their core franchises.

That doesn't suddenly make no-online not a problem, tho'.

Or, you know, in BBS where it probably would have helped to have someone along to help you with the final battles. Especially in Final Mix with the Armor of the Master and No Heart BS.

Or, you know, in BBS where it probably would have helped to have someone along to help you with the final battles. Especially in Final Mix with the Armor of the Master and No Heart BS.

.....Birth by Sleep had online.....

What if you gave the F-Zero IP to someone like Retro Studios? How would you feel if their super secret game was a new F-Zero and not DK?

Don't know how I'd feel about it. F-Zero isn't my favorite Nintendo series, but Retro could make a bang up production out of it. Some form of happy, but not sure HOW happy.

.....Birth by Sleep had online.....

No it didn't. It only had Adhoc. You had to play it online through Adhoc Party for PS3.

No it didn't. It only had Adhoc. You had to play it online through Adhoc Party for PS3.

Yeah. At least that's SOME form of Online.

Don't know how I'd feel about it. F-Zero isn't my favorite Nintendo series, but Retro could make a bang up production out of it. Some form of happy, but not sure HOW happy.

So.. It's okay if Retro does a new F-Zero but not if anyone else does?

I wouldn't call it effort on S-E's part, though.

So.. It's okay if Retro does a new F-Zero but not if anyone else does?

Did I EVER say anything like that? I don't think I did. All I said is that the guys responsible for F-Zero GX aren't around anymore, so I'd shop around for someone else OTHER than SEGA. I didn't even say that directly even, I made a snarky remark about Yakuza.

Edited by Super Mario

Yeah. At least that's SOME form of Online.

Yeah and unfortunately its the only way to do online for PSP games in my experience I was really hoping that sony would fix that later on but they never did.

Did I EVER say anything like that? I don't think I did.

After you spent a good few hours dismissing the entire idea of a new F-Zero game on the basis that it wouldn't sell I'm not sure why you'd change your tune on account of someone mentioning Retro Studios.

It still wouldn't sell, right?

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

After you spent a good few hours dismissing the entire idea of a new F-Zero game on the basis that it wouldn't sell I'm not sure why you'd change your tune on account of someone mentioning Retro Studios.

It still wouldn't sell, right?

It wouldn't, but that wouldn't stop me from playing another one. I freakin' said things like this before. It might not be a good BUSINESS idea, from what I see, but I wouldn't be averse to actually seeing it. For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing a proper Star Fox either. All I was saying is that I see why they're ignoring the series.

F-Zero had boost power since the SNES version. Or was it X? Either way, years and years before Sonic Heroes. Despite what I said, I do actually like F-Zero. Just can't get riled up about it not existing anymore.

2nd page in, homeslice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still don't get why you're 100% sure that there's no way at all whatsoever that the game could turn a profit.

That's the main thing I find so fucking obnoxious.

Edited by Chooch

Just because it wouldn't be a good idea doesn't mean it's not a good thing to have.

5th page in.

That doesn't really answer the question. Why are you so sure?

Your whole argument has been on the basis that you can guarantee that it will not sell.

Edited by Chooch

I still don't get why you're 100% sure that there's no way at all whatsoever that the game could turn a profit.

That's the main thing I find so fucking obnoxious.

I'm not 100% sure, but it's a series that doesn't sell well, so I can see why Nintendo is being so weird about any questions asked on it.  

Edit: And that was meant to latch onto you accusing me of not saying I would actually like a new F-Zero...but I don't know how to edit quotes into messages anymore.

Edited by Super Mario

You are still dismissing the idea of a new one on the basis of it not selling. "It's a bad business decision yadda yadda."

There's no real solid basis to make the claim that it is a bad business decision at this point in time.

Edited by Chooch