Awoo.

What Sonic Series would you like a sequel for?

Ultra Gako

I'm probably going to get slapped for saying this, but I really, really, really want a sequel to Sonic Unleashed. I know a lot of people hated that game and thought werehog was a step back for sonic. But I personally loved that game a lot. I will use an emotocon to highlight my emotions so you know that I am seriouswub.png biggrin.png wub.png  . There, that should do it.

I love Werehog, Chip, and the chocolate chip ice cream supreme (Made even when the world is falling apart!). The storyline brought out sides of sonic we haven't really seen before (Not just the extra furry werehog side). Plus I thought it was cool that the levels were based off of places from around the world. You could tell a lot of work and research was put into the beautiful scenery. And the soundtrack for the game was hands down amazing. Even though it was music from around the world, the soundtrack was cohesive and had a nice flow. I've had the cd for years and I still listen to the music. Even if your not a fan of the game, you have to admit the music has a lot of substance.

I mean come on, just listen to this stuff, its amazing!

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. I'm all good now. Sorry for going overboard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Adventure 3 would be ni--

ronald-bitch-slaps.jpg

Nah, but seriously Sonic Advance.  The best portable Sonic games to come out thus far in my opinion.  They were the best SEGA has done at taking the classic games and adding while still keeping in touch with roots.  Plus, it'd be cool to see what kinds of things they could do with those games on today's handhelds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Heroes or Sonic the Fighters. Seriously, just imagine a new Sonic the Fighters game with characters like:

Shadow

Vector

Big the Cat

E-123 Omega

Silver

Blaze

It would be awesome!

I wouldn't mind a Sonic Heroes sequel as it was one of my favourites but Sonic the Fighters updated would be brilliant as well.

Probably, the Storybook Series. To me, they handled Sonic's character the best. And had pretty a pretty decent narrative and great dialogue. The gameplay could have been better, but they can improve it much more with regular control and level design instead of on-the-rails stuff. Maybe they can use Lost World's parkour stuff, with Sonic Adventure's freedom in terms of the world Sonic can walk around in. So basically a mixture of Lost World and the Adventure games.

Edited by Ben Tennyson
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm probably going to get a virtual slap in the face here, but I would kill for a Sonic Shuffle sequel. Not even joking. 

I have had so much fun with that game it's insane. Sure, I can see why people may not like it, as the plot for story mode was pretty dumb, and the computers cheat ruthlessly, and it can be seen as a Mario Party ripoff, but it's a great party game. In fact, it's better than Mario Party, because you somewhat have a choice of how many spaces you can move rather than being at the mercy of the dice. 

I don't even know why I like this game so much, but I've been craving a sequel for years. The Secret Rings party mode hardly quenches my thirst for a Sonic party game. 

• Thumbs Up 3

A sequel? Hmmm the game that I sure would like a sequel to is Sonic Generations but that will have to wait a long time since it was more of an anniversary but I would much prefer a proper sequel to Adventure 2 if it ever comes.

Of the sequels I want, I'd like a sequel to Sonic 06 and PLEASE bring back Silver the Hedgehog.

Or a complete remake of the game. They could make it a great game because they proved it with the Crisis City remake in Generations.

While I don't want an SA3 per-say, I wouldn't mind a new game that brought back the genre roullette, it's getting a little dull playing as Sonic alone. I'm one of the few folk that actually liked the genre roullette. It was more interesting having each character have their own unique style instead of them all just bascally being reskins of sonic with one or two seperate moves.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was more interesting having each character have their own unique style instead of them all just bascally being reskins of sonic with one or two seperate moves.

What are you talking about? ( plays Sonic Dash and sees that each character moves the same way)

Oh thats what your talking about.

While I don't want an SA3 per-say, I wouldn't mind a new game that brought back the genre roullette, it's getting a little dull playing as Sonic alone. I'm one of the few folk that actually liked the genre roullette. It was more interesting having each character have their own unique style instead of them all just bascally being reskins of sonic with one or two seperate moves.

I enjoyed the roullette system as well, since it gave you so many options of more story and things to do. I'm sure people would enjoy it more if it was optional in a way rather than forced on you, but that's just how some of those people feel, I'm not one of them. People seemed to get upset at having to play all of them to get the full story and to unlock super sonic and get the final ending. I'm sure people likely wouldn't mind as much if after you played sonic, you had the option of playing the super sonic final story mode that is at the end of all games right away afterwards. That way, the other characters are all extra content that allow more background to the story if you so desire it.

Personally I would like to see another game in the Sonic & Tails series (Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble), as in traditional style Sonic gameplay with some changes. It would be nice to see Fang again and mixing up the Special Stages to get the Chaos Emeralds. Sadly Aspect aren't with Sega anymore so it is pretty much a pipe dream.

More realistically would be another Sonic pinball game but not sure whether Sonic Spinball (had a decent idea that didn't work too well so there could be improvements made) or Sonic Pinball Party. If it was Sonic Spinball style, it would have to be faster and have more flow, also more goals since pinball machines from the early 90s onwards included various modes with the Wizard mode being the hardest and that happens when you're done with the other modes. To give an example, one mode could be to get a Chaos Emerald, you have to bash a machine within 2 minutes otherwise you would lose it. It would be interesting whether it would be done fantasy Zen style or more realistic FarSight style, also since pinball is getting back in fashion it would be more popular (Sonic Pinball Party was released when interest in pinball was fairly low).

An odd ball one for a sequel would actually be SegaSonic the Hedgehog (the arcade isometric game with the trackball). Out of all the isometric Sonic games that have been released, SegaSonic is the fastest and seemed different compared to the others and most in the genre since isometric games were usually slow paced puzzle adventure games (e.g. Head Over Heels, Batman on the Spectrum) or shoot em ups like Zaxxon. The game also had lots of animation and effects that were quite impressive for a 2D game at the time but the problem was that it was mainly in Japan with only one machine in London so not many got to play it. Due to the technology today, I would like to see a sequel even if it is on a phone [it could work] or multiplayer on the Wii U, plus it could revive the isometric genre. Given different routes for the characters to choose from to mix things up and maybe a story (the original had cutscenes in between stages) are some possible improvements.

Personally I would like to see another game in the Sonic & Tails series (Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble), as in traditional style Sonic gameplay with some changes. It would be nice to see Fang again and mixing up the Special Stages to get the Chaos Emeralds. Sadly Aspect aren't with Sega anymore so it is pretty much a pipe dream.

More realistically would be another Sonic pinball game but not sure whether Sonic Spinball (had a decent idea that didn't work too well so there could be improvements made) or Sonic Pinball Party. If it was Sonic Spinball style, it would have to be faster and have more flow, also more goals since pinball machines from the early 90s onwards included various modes with the Wizard mode being the hardest and that happens when you're done with the other modes. To give an example, one mode could be to get a Chaos Emerald, you have to bash a machine within 2 minutes otherwise you would lose it. It would be interesting whether it would be done fantasy Zen style or more realistic FarSight style, also since pinball is getting back in fashion it would be more popular (Sonic Pinball Party was released when interest in pinball was fairly low).

An odd ball one for a sequel would actually be SegaSonic the Hedgehog (the arcade isometric game with the trackball). Out of all the isometric Sonic games that have been released, SegaSonic is the fastest and seemed different compared to the others and most in the genre since isometric games were usually slow paced puzzle adventure games (e.g. Head Over Heels, Batman on the Spectrum) or shoot em ups like Zaxxon. The game also had lots of animation and effects that were quite impressive for a 2D game at the time but the problem was that it was mainly in Japan with only one machine in London so not many got to play it. Due to the technology today, I would like to see a sequel even if it is on a phone [it could work] or multiplayer on the Wii U, plus it could revive the isometric genre. Given different routes for the characters to choose from to mix things up and maybe a story (the original had cutscenes in between stages) are some possible improvements.

The pinball games always seem to have an element of frustration to them to me. I could never beat either of them due to the high difficulty. If they could fix it to where they dont seem so super impossible, that would be a good little side game for the 3DS maybe.

I would definately like them to give another shot at a Tails game though of course. Its been years since they have taken a shot at one. I've even heard of possibily  going back to Shadow again and again in the past, which I dont really think they should do. Nothing against Shadow, but shouldn't the fox get another chance to star? I know Shadow is the second favorite and Tails the third, but still.

Or a complete remake of the game. They could make it a great game because they proved it with the Crisis City remake in Generations.

People wanting this game to be remade are really getting on my nerves. It's been seven years since 06 came out, and everyone wants to forget that game as much as possible. Just move on and accept Sonic Team never wants to acknowledge 06 in any way, shape, or form ever again.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 1

People wanting this game to be remade are really getting on my nerves. It's been seven years since 06 came out, and everyone wants to forget that game as much as possible. Just move on and accept Sonic Team never wants to acknowledge 06 in any way, shape, or form ever again.

Other than Sonic Generations? XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I want a Sonic 5 that aims to be the 'real sequel' to Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Hell, have some sort of Time Travel story as an excuse to pick either Classic or Modern skins of Sonic, Tails or Knuckles. Could pull a Halo Anniversary and have a button that changes the art style from 2.5D to 3&K/CD style pixel art. Would be legendary.

Other than Sonic Generations? XD

You kind of had to acknowledge it in that though, seeing as how that game's main point was to remake a level from every main Sonic game (excluding Shadow, but they can get away with it as Sonic's not in the title.) Now they can put that game behind them and never bother referencing it again.

Sonic Adventure 3, a new Storybook game, and another Shadow game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, defiantly a sequel to Sonic Heroes, it was a good game for the most part. I have actually seen some fan game on YouTube that looked like it would make a beyond kick ass sequel, game play wise anyways, I think it was called Sonic Blitz Heroes or something like that, I'd suggest taking a look into it (if that is the name of the fan game).

Edited by ThunderCracker

I've never played a Sonic storybook game, but I would love to see a sequel for the concept alone. Am I the only person who would love to see a Western Sonic game? It's not exactly storybook, but it would fit well in the context of Sonic. I'm trying to imagine Sonic characters as bounty hunters and not laugh. You would obviously have to tone things down, but I think it would work, especially with the Colors writers at the helm. I'm not a fan of them, but if they worked on a game in a series where story played a large part, I'm sure they could make it hilarious, but develop the characters at the same time.

27419-sonic-and-the-wild-west.png?t=1249

• Thumbs Up 2

When it comes to the storybook games, you would be surprised how many times I've seen people think if they do another one, it should be Alice in Wonderland. I've seen so much fanart out there for an Alice in Wonderland version of the Sonic games, that it could almost be expected as at least one of the options they could try. With so many characters in the story and all the characters actually fitting into many of the rolls from what I've seen, its not too far of a stretch really.

I've seen so much fanart out there for an Alice in Wonderland version of the Sonic games, that it could almost be expected as at least one of the options they could try.

Seen massive loads of Sonic Adventure 3, but have yet to see anything official yet ^^;

When it comes to the storybook games, you would be surprised how many times I've seen people think if they do another one, it should be Alice in Wonderland. I've seen so much fanart out there for an Alice in Wonderland version of the Sonic games, that it could almost be expected as at least one of the options they could try. With so many characters in the story and all the characters actually fitting into many of the rolls from what I've seen, its not too far of a stretch really.

*imagines knuckles as a card knight and sonc as the chesire cat*

Okay, im game for this idea.

*imagines knuckles as a card knight and sonc as the chesire cat*   Okay, im game for this idea.
Wouldn't Espio fit the role of the chesire cat better though?