Awoo.

What did you do to celebrate Sonic's 22nd?

GuyWithThePie

I went to Sonic (Restaurant) and ordered a Footlong Chili Cheese Coney with some Onion Rings. I ate it while wearing the Sonic Colors pre-order hat and a Sonic t-shirt. (I'm still wearing that hat as I type this) What did you do to celebrate? Did you bake a Sonic cake? Ate a chili dog? Tell us all about it.

Edited by GuywithPie3376
  • Thumbs Up 4

Draw a picture (still doing it), won't be able to show it until next week though.

I kinda forgot it was Sonic's 22nd until I logged on here a few minutes ago, so didn't really do anything.

I went to Sonic (Restaurant) and ordered a Footlong Chili Cheese Coney with some Onion Rings, and I ate it while wearing the Sonic Colors pre-order hat and a Sonic t-shirt (Still wearing that hat as I type this). What did you do?

Nothing, but I love what you did to celebrate! I would totally go to Sonic and order a chili dog if I could. Um, I guess you could say I played Sonic Colors on my Wii today to celebrate. You know what, I think I'll go play Sonic Generations right now.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

I wrote a deep and meaningful post on FB about how much Sonic influenced my life and how I became me today was mostly down to him.

I hold a super deep personal attachment to the blue hedgehog from first playing Sonic 2, but also through the years Sonic was my best friend that was the cool hero that was always there for me, he single handedly pulled me through the worst times of my childhood and continues to be my main support to this very day.

Simply put, without Sonic, I wouldn't be the person I am today. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I drew a picture, which you can see in my art topic! I also wore my favorite Sonic shirt, which has 16-bit Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles on it.

I was going to play some Generations or Adventure or something, but I woke up after 2 PM and had to run errands with my mom.

I... completely forgot about it.

I'm sorry, SSMBers, but I was too busy with other stuff to remember... sad.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Last night I had planned on baking a cake, playing through Sonic 1, and writing a memoir of my beloved memories and bright hopes for the future pertaining to the the blue blur.

Today, I woke up at 2 in the afternoon feeling like a hungover dog, ate some breakfast, wrote a few half-assed statuses about it, and continued with my day.  It's the thought that counts, I guess?

• Thumbs Up 1

I forgot, as I had church, and was enjoying myself today, but I guess you could say I bought a Dreamcast and SA last saturday for it XD now if I can just get my copy of Sonic Shuffle working

• Thumbs Up 1

I wore a Sonic shirt. Didn't really plan it though. But a little kid was all like "Sonic!" when he saw my shirt ^-^

Surprisingly I watched a lot of Code Geass today for some reason.

I was gonna play Sonic 1-3K but I totality forgot about it.

I wrote a deep and meaningful post on FB about how much Sonic influenced my life and how I became me today was mostly down to him.

I hold a super deep personal attachment to the blue hedgehog from first playing Sonic 2, but also through the years Sonic was my best friend that was the cool hero that was always there for me, he single handedly pulled me through the worst times of my childhood and continues to be my main support to this very day.

Simply put, without Sonic, I wouldn't be the person I am today. 

Okay now I'm curious, do you mind linking to this facebook post or is it too personal?

I went to the movies, was going to go to dinner but my friend kind of backed out on me.

I did make a point to wear my Sonic shirt and stuff though, and I'll try and get some games in before the night's over...

Just wow, can't believe it's been 22 years!

I sure didn't celebrate Sonic's 22nd Anniversary like I wanted to, as wasn't able to come close to doing what I did to celebrate his sad.png

- I had wanted to wear cobalt blue in some way (shirt, headband or both) but I didn't prepare for work the night before as I got home too late. I ended up being called in to work 3 hours early, to start at 6 AM at the last minute. Having to leave so suddenly when I wasn't all that much awake caused me to forget my original plans to wear blue to work. 

- I wanted to go to Toys R Us to buy something Sonic related, but I ended up working more overtime, even after being called in early. I ended working unexpected 16 hour day, with the store being closed by the time I was done with work.

- I wanted to play Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed with my 8 and 6 year old nephews when I finally got home from work but they weren't home.

- I had a ton of PMs to get to after I wasn't online the previous day due to going to work, followed by going to a wedding and party afterwards. I like to respond to my messages in a prompt manner so I saw it as a priority to address them before playing video games or watching any Sonic cartoons like I wanted to do. By the time I was done with most of them there were a few minutes left in the day, which I used to watch some cutscenes of Sonic and the Secret Rings on YouTube.

On the other hand...

- I did play Sonic music throughout the day while in my car. I also made sure my Classic Sonic lanyard with my keys was always visible by either holding it in my hand or having it hang out of my purse. I also bought Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 4 Episode 2 for my Xbox 360, so I guess that was a Sonic present for myself. And if anything, with some of that extra money I made today I'll definitely put it towards getting a Wii U and Sonic Lost World when it comes out later on this year. I'll be celebrating for sure then as great as the game is looking so far...smile.png

So in short, I didn't celebrate Sonic's 22nd Anniversary the way I wanted to. I hope to do better next year celebrating Sonic's 23rd Anniversary as a then 30 year old...tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 4

I did yard work and played Animal Crossing. What does this have to do with Sonic, you may ask? Nothing. Nothing at all. But I answered the question so you can't fault me for that.

I already 'praise' him for 365 days a year, every year, so today wasn't any different. I came on here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man....we suck at being Sonic fans, lol.

I think the fact I've spent 1500 dollars and counting on my trip to Missouri for the guy this year more than makes up for my particular lack of doing much this day, though!

Though in Sonic's case the birthday is kind of like Christmas; you don't magically change the day of, it's a celebration for doing it all year round. ;)

Heck, I'ma say that as fun as Christmas is, I prefer Sonic Boom. I'll be sure to give the 'hog lots of belated birthday wishes there. :)

I played the hell out of Sonic After the Sequel.

Not an official game, I know but it's pretty fun anyway. :D

• Thumbs Up 1