Awoo.

Sonic CD comes after Sonic 2?

iDEATH

I really don't see how Sonic CD can logically take place between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. Those two games are directly linked to each other. I once wrote a mammoth of a post on the whole thing, but I'm to lazy to dig it up.

So have this comic instead.

u9wj.png

Tails'  Sonic's ship got hit by a laser in Wing Fortress so he could be spending the time during Sonic CD repairing it and making it stronger/upgrading it.

Sonic-2-001.jpg

Looks fine to me.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

I thought there was an announcement a while back stating that Sonic CD was added to the Sonic 4 saga.

I thought there was an announcement a while back stating that Sonic CD was added to the Sonic 4 saga.

Sort of. I believe a statement was made saying it connects to the Sonic 4 saga, but isn't necesarily close in time to it. It's sort of a preludel to Sonic 4 episode 2, but I view it as taking place before Sonic 2. Edited by Chaos Incarnate

Sonic doesn't "stop Robotnik by battling the updated Mecha Sonic". The order of events are:

*Eggman tries to launch the Death Egg at Launch Base but it fails and lands on Lava Reef

*Sonic and Tails eventually travel to Lava Reef & Hidden Palace

*Eggman steals Master Emerald

*Sonic and Tails battle Mecha Sonic at Sky Sanctuary, and then jump onto the Death Egg

*Knuckles's story takes place after Sonic & Tails, which is why in Angel Island Zone, you see no ocean in the background, and in Launch Base, Lava Reef, and Hidden Palace you never see the Death Egg in the background (there's a page on Sonic Retro that thoroughly explains why this is all true)

*Knuckles is the one who defeats Mecha Sonic. Remember, he was Knuckles's final boss at a different part of Sky Sanctuary.

yeah that's what I meant, maybe just how I phrased it.

"Defeats robotnik, battling mecha in the process" is more what I meant.

Aren't Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic different robots? Weren't both in different capsules at the beginning of Gamma's Story in Sonic Adventure?

It is confusing when Sonic CD takes place...either before Sonic 2 or after Sonic 3&Knuckles. Didn't they mention somewhere that it happened before Sonic 4: Episode II, since Metal Sonic appears in it? I don't remember well...

I do know Flickie's Island happens after Sonic 3&K, considering both Tails and Knuckles appear there. biggrin.png

Mecha and Metal are two  separate robots yes. I look at mecha asa prototype to Metal. robotnik builds him, realises his flaws, updates the design, creating Metal.

The fact that they're both in separate capsules could be seen to re-enforce this.

I don't see the difference. Tails is already independent in the classic era, with his two adventures before he even met Sonic.

There's still the tornado to work on, and the rocket he builds in fighters he's more than enough to keep him occupied while Sonic jumps of to save Amy.

And Fighters is canon? If so, when does it happen?

Besides, Tails isn't building the rocket for the entire game.

I say it takes place after Sonic 1, since Sonic is learning to master the spindash,as it performs weaker than in Sonic 2. I know I shouldn't really take gameplay into consideration, but that's what works for me when discussing where to place the classics in the timeline. Also, Tails is no where to be seen ( I don't consider his presence in the taxman remake canon). My anser as to why Tails is missing is that it takes place after Sonic 1, where Sonic hadn't met Tails yet. 

My opinion exactly :D

• Thumbs Up 1

And Fighters is canon? If so, when does it happen?

Besides, Tails isn't building the rocket for the entire game.

My opinion exactly biggrin.png

there's no reason to suggest Fighters isn't canon. Though where it fits in?......damned if i know tongue.png

same goes for Flcikies island/triple trouble/segasonic/sonic chaos and sonic blast

The easiest thing would be to ignore Sonic's modern look in S4 and assume those games happen between Sonic 4 and SA1

Edited by Jake Bird
  • Thumbs Up 1

there's no reason to suggest Fighters isn't canon. Though where it fits in?......damned if i know tongue.png

same goes for Flcikies island/triple trouble/segasonic/sonic chaos and sonic blast

The easiest thing would be to ignore Sonic's modern look in S4 and assume those games happen between Sonic 4 and SA1

Unless a game is confirmed to take place directly after Ep.2 and solves the Death Egg problem, Sonic the Fighters is after Sonic 4. In StF, Eggman builds the Death Egg MK2. Also, Metal Sonic is there.

Sorry guys for the stupid questioning but what is cannon? What do cannons have to do with Sonic wub.png

Please excusing my English. I use transductor blink.png . But I want to educate :) :)

Canon is the overall storyline that links together all of the games.

Oh thank you Tornado :) you very kind man :) .

Is canon not the same as serious cannon then? Thanks my man :D

"Cannon" spelled that way is one of these:

Cannon_pic.jpg

Canon spelled the other way is short for "canonicity"

• Thumbs Up 1

"Cannon" spelled that way is one of these:

Cannon_pic.jpg

Serious weapon no good with Sonic play! Very evil angry.png

Thank you for clearing things up smile.png

So, is questioning that Sonic CD part of storytime? I think Sonic CD is before Sonic 2 since Sonic on his lonesome and different planet!

Although why would Metal Sonic be rusty in Sonic 2  wacko.png

Me confused blink.png