Awoo.

Mando's Maveric Artwork: no more hedgehogs, Supervillains rule

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Those are some killer 3D models!! :D I just got into 3D modeling with Maya not very long ago--it's pretty complex stuff!  Could I ask what approximately your polygon count was on these?  The look simplistic yet amazing!!  Keep it up, you have some real talent! 

well, since I have them all together already decided to throw these old models of mine up, they are from a starfox mod that I was apart of that fell through, made em all myself

Just for the heck of it decided to throw these guys up, they are my reimagined vversion of the:
Arwing Interceptor
ref:
ArwingInterceptor_Blue.gif

model:
XI-015reminderpretex.jpg
interceptorfinal1.jpg
interceptorfinal2.jpg

hmmm couldnt find recent standalone pics of the defense class, so here were my attempt at the original 2 Wolfen types(not as good as the arwings though)
ref
Star_Fox_2_Translated027.png

neonimprovedteamwolf4.jpg
neonimprovedteamwolf2.jpg
standard wolfen(the blue one was Wolf's)
wolfenprototypedetail3.jpg
wolfenprototypedetail1.jpg

hmmm guess I could show the group ones with the defender
(Black ship was my attempt at a stealth version of the N64 arwing that was in turn inspired by a original arwing variant in the old comics)

formation3.jpg
formation4.jpg
formation.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Epic models, dude! I really like how all of them look! Especially loving the Metal Sonic one - keep it up!

I may have to ask you for a commission sometime... XD;

Holy crap those Arwing models are insane!

Thanks, I was making them in hopes of getting them into Shadows of Lylat a freespace open mod that went dormant shortly after I came around, now they are just sitting on my harddrive.... Though I could get the static models into UDK now XD (messed with it a little), would never be able to make a playable product though, say I should through up my Cat's Paw model, its not bad but the texturing is definately rather weak, as there are 3 things I never seem to be able to do on a normal basis: Uv/Texture, Fine details, and Finish a model XD

Seriously though, I could post pics... though I could one up even that, but I would have to do it tomorrow, hehe

• 1 month later...

well, still alive, and now at college, which is both good and a little, bad: on the upside I now have a good working setup, and even have a second monitor I can use for refs! downside is homework and classwork

Dont have anything new to show, yet, but I am messing with the idea of an alternate/anti/nega version of eggman based purely on the current design, and some thoughts I had, such as putting him into a more neutral, or even good side style appearance, a bit of a different body shape, but not nessecarily skinny, some accessory alterations, and one I have heard suggested, that I like the idea of which is smaller different style mustache and hair! he will still have things that make him eggman, but he shall be different!

Still planning at taking another swing at bark as well, and was considering trying at a modified game style Snively, though that wouldnt be for a bit

Possibly a dumb question but what tools do you use? Planning to get into 3D modelling myself...

3ds max, and adobe photoshop(though an old version I have a copy of)

Say four cartidge, I remember you hanging around the old generations modding thread a bit, and  I might have seen you on sonicretro havent I? (though sadly I am only a lurker there)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

3ds max, and adobe photoshop(though an old version I have a copy of)

Say four cartidge, I remember you hanging around the old generations modding thread a bit, and  I might have seen you on sonicretro havent I? (though sadly I am only a lurker there)

I wasn't on either of those... Though to tell you the truth I've been taking Unity classes lately.

Wow, your models looks great. The sonic ones I do think are a bit better than the arwings, but both are still rather good. Don't worry about getting things out too quickly though. Make sure you keep up on your school work first and foremost. If you get more done, cool, if not, take your time. I'm sure it takes awhile to make good models like yours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sonic, prepare to meet your...... DOOM, at the fingers of I Dr Eggman

A terrible fate awaits you at the hands of CYEGG

(threw this guy together for fun thinking, what If Eggman turned himself into a cyborg! then wouldnt he use the most powerful arm at his diposal)

CyEggA.jpg

Cyegg1.jpg

CyEgg2.jpg

CyEgg3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, built this fellow a couple months ago, but decided I proably not going back to him anytime soon, but him being the most complete out of any rebuilt updates, I decided he would be something good to throw on here and DA, so now presenting:

Bean the Dynamite (all custom, although built around the original, other than the hands)

post-4375-0-07817600-1385699081_thumb.jp

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

WEll, I have been trying to improve my drawing skills, and while I am waiting for some books to come in, and I need a lot more practice, for the fun I went ahead and did da victoes challenge of making a fellow forum member, and did 2: Wraith, and Super Spindash! not high art, or super good, but it ought to be good for some laughs, but I plan to put in a lot more practice over the next few weeks, and get some really good stuff, so heres the pic, and oh its based off my impressions of them, so expect a bit of amusement

forummemberdrawings.jpg

Very wonderful models, Mando! I'd definitely showcase these at any Sonic meet you attend if possible. That you were the one who designed models for use in Generations is definitely something to be proud of. smile.png

You've got some perspective down in the drawing, and I think that's a key detail. Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll have some excellent pieces with practice. smile.png

WEll decided I could always use some more advice and tips, so here are some sketches from friday evening, so why not... I think I did a bit better on Super spindash's arms today than I did on the ones in these drawings, hope to improve that soon, also the heads were some attempts at facial expressions... so ya more of doodles than fine drawing, but considering the fact I had done no concentrated drawing in any numbers in well.... ever its a start, again hoping to get some books on drawing tommorrow, and I kinda figured why not

sketchscan0001.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic, prepare to meet your...... DOOM, at the fingers of I Dr Eggman

A terrible fate awaits you at the hands of CYEGG

(threw this guy together for fun thinking, what If Eggman turned himself into a cyborg! then wouldnt he use the most powerful arm at his diposal)

CyEggA.jpg

Cyegg1.jpg

CyEgg2.jpg

CyEgg3.jpg

Outstanding implementation of Omega, I must say.

Ok so my latest drawing attempt! and hey I made a kinda good guy, well more complete than anything else I have done from scratch... the dude at the table was loosely based off Billy Joel in his we didnt start this fire Music video, though I added the fork and knife! so yeah still working on it but not a ton of progress, and that puppy in a box was well... eh

latestdrawing11814.jpg

And now here is something from wednsday, I on and off throughout the day by eyeballing the computer image copied JezMM's hourly comic book day mascot, already got some feedback from him, and I know the legs and upper arm are off, but it was primarily a practice exercise, and I do have a decent eye, oh and bowtie man is mine :P actualy on second thought he wasnt too bad, but my arms and legs need work

sketches115140001.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm kinda pissed off right now cause my computer just froze on me, and I lost every thing I was writhing to you. I definitely see an improvement. especially in that last drawing. I see that your lean toward a certain style of drawing, it kinda reminds me of the mother series.

Have tried exploring drawing something at different angles other then front and side way? Drawing at an angle can help you get a sense of perspective in your drawings. I also see that your going that foreshortening in you're drawing, which is really good. I never started doing that till much later on. XD 

You know even thought your going for a cartoon style it don't hurt to look at some realistic drawings of the human anatomy body. You can always tone those down into a cartoonish format, i'm pretty sure it would help you.

Have you ever tried sketching? You should try practicing sketching and shading objects around the house to improve you sense of depth and perspective.  I have tons of old backgrounds of nature for animation I was going to do way back when I was trying to get better. It really helped me out. 

Over all just keep working at it, i'm sure with practice you'll get a lot better. 

Thanks da victoes, and I have tried to do some angling just havent had much luck with it yet, and havent entirely messed with sketching since I am currently at my dorm at college

In regards to simplifing from realistic to cartoony, I wouldnt mind trying, and I do have "Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life", but I have been having trouble figuring out how to actualy use it

Ok, so Say hello to Wolfman Jack, the DJ from the 70s, and occasional host on Midnight Special. just finished reading a drawing book I got informed about from Da Victoes, and finaly had time this evening to give  it a go, and admittedly I screwed up the hands a bit, but I think I am starting to improve! working on a female drawing now, but proably wont be done till tomorrow, so wish me luck

WolfmanJacksketch12014.jpg

Also I always welcome, constructive critism, advice, and feedback!

and yes I know it deteriated in the leg regions, and due to size limitations, and me having no ref there are no feet or lower legs

• Thumbs Up 1

Really good!  You seem to have a good idea of how clothes should look.  If I were to give advice, I'd probably say work on proportions, mainly in the arms.  Starting out with a basic outline of the shapes can be really helpful in this regard.  Keep it up!

Ooh well, you are fast learner. More then I ever was. haha I see much improvement here. It seems like the book really did help out a lot. I'm really liking the shading that you did here, it really helps bring out the figure. Though it could be a little smoother. Have you thought of geting an assortment drawing pencils?  

Those could really help you on shading and blending better. Hands and feet are a little hard to get down at first, but once you get them down, you never forget how to do them. Yeah just keep up the good work, your doing great. 

Thanks for the feedback you guys

Really good!  You seem to have a good idea of how clothes should look.  If I were to give advice, I'd probably say work on proportions, mainly in the arms.  Starting out with a basic outline of the shapes can be really helpful in this regard.  Keep it up!

Thanks, well have had some luck with clothes, and I have been trying to work on proportions, but its also the area I have been having the most difficulty with, as I have had no luck with attempting to sketch out the profile first and shape it then build around it, but have been unable to keep it shaped and consistent

Ooh well, you are fast learner. More then I ever was. haha I see much improvement here. It seems like the book really did help out a lot. I'm really liking the shading that you did here, it really helps bring out the figure. Though it could be a little smoother. Have you thought of geting an assortment drawing pencils?  

Those could really help you on shading and blending better. Hands and feet are a little hard to get down at first, but once you get them down, you never forget how to do them. Yeah just keep up the good work, your doing great. 

Currently only using a .5 HB mechanical pencil, and dont have a clue where I would get the pencils around here.

So yeah, I am working on it, thanks for the advice, and I do hope to use it

Have also been considering that if there was a way to use it with my PC I could use my wii-U tablet as a drawing pad, but not sure what I could do otherwise, dont have a ton of money to sink into it

Oh and once I get to the point where I can draw original and fan art stuff on a quick an normal basis and have an easy way to connect it to the computer I may try an art blog on tumblr, but until then I will just stick to here

additional insight: I'm going to keep working on it, although I am still trying to figure out a pood way to practice proportioning and outlines, although I have trouble keeping it consistent on both sides or in general, but once I have that figured out, and get it in practice then I have a place I can use to help me practice poses, problem being I need to be able to do consistent proportioned outlines first

• Thumbs Up 1