Awoo.

Mando's Maveric Artwork: no more hedgehogs, Supervillains rule

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Let it Live! Finally made some true modeling progress in the for fun sector, putting this together to support this character for Disney Infinity, since they've been opaque about Marvel characters, and not open to suggestions like Disney ones, figured I'd put together a model, animate it and try to get support, and get it out before the Marvel Battlegrounds reveal at NYCC this weekend if I remember correctly. Still gotta do the hands and legs, but I need to call it a night, and I felt like finally showing it off, that and well I've never managed to hands before, I can never seem to get a handle on their shape, so I thought I'd ask and see if I can get any suggestions? also this is just a quick snapshot so I'm just attaching it through the site.

WWWIP1.thumb.jpg.cf0aef69c36c4657803ffc7

Felt nice to finally be making progress on something, so Thought I'd show it off. Based him mostly off the A:EMH version, since it's a cooler more armored streamlined version of the outfit. model isn't perfect, but hey I'm after awareness not perfection. I'll post him in the Disney Infinity thread when I actually finish the mesh. Eyes are the only part I really need to texture to make them and the skin around them look better. If anyone can give me any advice on the hands, I'd be thankful.

Also here's my primary ref

4e027677c896d.jpg

night all

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow man... Just... Wow... It's looking incredible! It's a perfect translation of the EMH design into a model! Seriously, you've done a great job so far, I wish I could help with the hands but I don't know the first thing about modeling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rigging him up now, but I'm ready to start spreading the word, as the mesh and my level of texturing is done! hopefully will have a posed version later

CQWaHEwUsAAfoWg.png

Edited by Mando
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, I got him all rigged up, but I can't seem to figure out a good pose, anyone have any suggestions? figure I'll give one last shot at getting the word out, then I'll work on a different project or two I'm working on

Well the pose is crude, and it's a screen cap, but he's posed and I'm done with him... for now

CQ_5Uy0UcAAa_s9.png

oh and twitter link

Now on to my next project, although I am now also using a golden version as my avatar for this month since I finally completed a decent model! well completely I mean. Going to work on my next thing, should have something to show soon

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's Still WIP and needs limbs and a lower torso, but might as well show off this guy, it's Spectacular Spiderman style Electro with head cowl, since his actual head's a tad out of my skill range since it'd be effects heavy

SSElectroWIP.thumb.png.2f0efca446daa74c4

This was actually my second attempt, first attempt I went more detailed when I was working on the head, and couldn't get the top together as well as I'd like so I decided to go simpler and start over. Still plan to add in lenses to the goggles, and perhaps the rest of the mouth mechanism. as always limbs are a paaaiiiinnnnn. Oh and I plan to add the central tubes later

• 2 months later...

Newest WIP, think I'll actually complete this one, may actually try to throw it and a few other concept vehicles I'm messing with into Unity to try and take this concept a bit further. Still gotta finish the top and back, but the basic ideas there, so thought I figured I'd show off the Metroid Cruiser(Not final name). Based off the super Metroid gunship

MetroidCrusherWip.thumb.png.0e3f8e79832e

Basic concept I'm messing with is what I call Cruis'Nintendo. Essentially it's a Cruis'n game that take locations from various games for race tracks, and all the bonus vehicles(or possible some of the main ones) are based off Vehicles or things from the various Nintendo Words. So ya, this is the first vehicle I got off the ground. Thinking of making a few basic vehicles and a course, then perhaps trying to put it into Unity. Reason for putting it into a game engine is two fold, A) my renderer is broken, and I want to do a Cel-shaded art-style B ) would give the best look at the concept, and I've been meaning to mess with a game engine.

So yeah, any thoughts? still got plenty of fine detailing to do after I finish the actual base, but this is the basic shape overall.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

trying to get some modeling practice in, I have time, but not always the greatest working off my head, current new stuff for that concept project, although one I made a while back. Also they are more or less scaled to each other

currentwips.thumb.jpg.fc1702b316720ba0cd click to make it bigger

Super F/X chip inspired car, and a race tank I threw together roughly in the last hour. Tanks can go really fast, so a lightly armored racing one isn't out of question(heck the early Abrams could go 75 MPH with their speed regulators removed and they weighed 60 tons!). might be doing a collab with someone here soone, although I also got an alternate spidey concept I'd love to make.

• 9 months later...

Well finally made something new and finished it, here's Tweed 1.0, feet and hands are still really rough. Also this is the secondary(but more iconic) look I have for the character. Been trying to make a concept of this character for the better part of a year, and I finally managed to make something, albeit really really rough version. biggest issue I've had was figuring out the hair and this kinda came to me... really need something better for the hands and feet though. Also First time I've made a sprite so that's something. maybe I'll try making the other form tomorrow... then try to do the conversion animation

Tweed1 copy.png

Tweed1 copy.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, here's my second sprite, Tweed regular form. Probably could have done it quicker, but I'm always bouncing between stuff. was going to make hands till I realized that at this scale it looks like his hands are in his pockets so that works. Means next thing I have to do is the transformation animation, and that'll be a bit more tricky... or I make another character, but I've gotta mess with animation sooner or later in my ancient copy of Imageready3.0

Tweednorm1 copy.png

Tweednorm1 copy.png

Always open to feedback from our more experienced spriters, and I'm just trying my best

Also been working within a 64X64 pixel count, not sure if that's good or not

• Thumbs Up 2