Awoo.

Artwork: Potada's Sketchbook (I draw lines, sometimes shapes)

Potada

So, yeah. This is happening.

I was thinking of doing this for a while now, but I was kind of hesitant at first. But, what the hell. I could use the brutal internet critique.

So, here's my first piece:

soramizukisketch_by_potada-d6ay4io.jpg

Nothing major. Just a simple sketch of two friends enjoying some ice cream.

Waddaya think, folks?

• Thumbs Up 4

I think you draw pretty good. I would like to see colored pictures as well! ^_^

I wish I could draw hands as good as you...T_T

Awww, very cute! :D I love your chibi style of artwork! ^^ You should turn this into a comic, I bet you'd get a lot of hits!

• 10 months later...

So...who wants to see some art?

qQXs4MX.png
A character from one of the millions of story concepts I should be writing down. Can you see the tsundere in her? XD

cRf771H.png
Same girl with the guy she lives with. What kind of game are they watching? I dunno, I'm not a sports guy lol. Use your imagination.

E662CZE.png
Simone Accola. He/she is from another story set in an American high school. They're supposed to be a transfer student from Switzerland. Boy, that's a lot of freckles.

wtneDHO.png
An old character of mine, Yuzuki Yoshida. Still trying to figure out what to do with her, to be honest...

XEjyJvw.png
Oh hey. It's the girl from those first pics I showed here(Or, it's supposed to be, at least). I wonder what Izumi's thinking about.

Well. see you next year!

Really, though, I'll try being more frequent when I can.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing major. Just a couple of familiar faces.

jH1Hp3R.png

Someone's been taking fashion tips from Crash lol.

CVTasIT.png
Why, Princess, you look rather...handsome? Huh.

• Thumbs Up 3

What? More doodles? Sure, why not?

vdZY4GL.png

So, Izumi again. The water is probably her favorite place to be in. Thinking I might add more and edit it on the computer later.

uARcSL3.png

And here's Izumi with her friend and number one fan, Toshi, though, it looks like she might be just as big a fan of his...(wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

I got a new art program recently and...

w3t7xnR.png

I can finally do total digital drawings competently! Woo!

Man, getting this thing's really lit a fire in me. Here's hoping it stays burning for a while.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

So, that last wip I had on here is pretty much done.

SxcLJ1g.png

I kinda like it, but I definitely need more practice with my coloring and shading, among other things.

Any critique would be greatly appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 8 months later...

Hrm... Looks like some stuff got wiped from here. Ah, well. Here's some of the stuff I had up, plus some new pieces.

First the older stuff.

6SxMAKm.png

zu7234E.jpg

qjOXgz5.jpg

Now, some stuff I haven't had on here before (I don't think, at least).

NE9fA1D.jpg
Okay, so I saw an old Retro thread about re-designing Sonic that eventually led into "Classifying" some Modern characters that had never had a Classic form. Some of them seemed...less than inspired, basically just being chibified versions of some of them. So...this happened.

y6dZH5B.jpg
While the servers were down, Nepnthe made a really funny comment that I thought deserved a sketch.

A8y0mj4.jpg
And here's a color mock-up of "Classic" Blaze. I based her look on a ) Cream the Rabbit's collar and tie with a variation, b ) the fact that Amy has a very different look between her Classic and Modern forms and c ) the idea that, as a princess, Blaze might have gone to a private school in her younger years.

XURb2XM.jpg
And, finally, my redesign idea for Sonic, in living color! Still not sure what to do with him, but I like the look, overall.

Fun fact: the last two of the new ones were sketched on paper, then photographed onto my 3DS before being edited on Colors! 3D.

Well, that's it for now. Let me know what you think! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Easter, all! I wish I had a full pic to give you, but maybe a w.i.p. will tide you over?

LLDeQgT.png

Hopefully, I can have it done by tomorrow, maybe Tuesday at the latest. See you then!

Edit: Well, it's Wednesday, but it's done!

aqBGJwN.png 

Happy Belated Easter, everybody. Hope your past Sunday was a good one.

Edited by Potada

What's this? I'm actually posting twice in a row for once? Heavens to mergatroid!

bVhdWlw.jpg

Anyways, just a small sketch dump. My redesign for Knuckles, one of my cats taking a nap and a headshot of my dog.

Not much, but I figured it was worth posting here.

Alrighty, then. Til next time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Uh, wow... Been a while, huh? Kinda been feeling down for a while now, but I figured I should at least try to post something here.

ub8uttBh.png

It's been a while since I did any real line work digitally, so I tried my hand on a sketch I made recently. It's our very own princess Sally Acorn with a more tomboy-ish design I'd shown earlier in the thread. Definitely need more practice, but not too bad, I think.

Here's hoping I submit something a little sooner next time. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2015 at 9:45 PM, Potada said:

Here's hoping I submit something a little sooner next time. :P

I should learn to keep my mouth shut lol.
Anywho, ART. Sort of.

Spoiler

NxpFuzk.png

A little something for the Brainscratch Comms guys. It didn't take that long to make, admittedly, but it was still pretty fun.

Edited by Potada
Image borked up.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm sad that I've never visited this thread until now! I love your Sonic characters and your people, you're super talented! ^^ There's some really great stuff here, hope you keep posting more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

So, Cylent-Nite of deviantart fame came up with their own Classic version of Omega based on the Hard-Boiled Heavies. Seeing it made me want to try my own hand at a Classic Omega design. Here's the results, although without color (Might fix that eventually):

Spoiler

heavy_ender_v2_lines.png

• Thumbs Up 6

• 3 weeks later...

An update in the same year? What a twist!

Spoiler

hXqw04Z.png

I decided to take a stab at a personal project of mine that I've been conceptualizing for a while now. Whether or not it ever comes to fruition is up in the air, but at least it means I got to draw a chibi Sonic. (Yep, the pic is inspired by the nendoroid, if that crossed your mind)

Edited by Potada
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting better at this "updating" thing.

Spoiler

ypoudEp.jpg

This is my genie gal, Soleil. She was a French peasant from the 19th century who found a genie in a bottle. Eventually, the genie tricked her into making them switch places. Now, she's currently serving a master who's helping here to get free.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...