Awoo.

Ubisoft hacked... please change your Uplay password

Badnik Mechanic

Hello All,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, to begin a thorough investigation with relevant authorities, internal and external security experts, and to start restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data were illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. No personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.

As a result, we are recommending you to change your password by clicking this link.

Out of an abundance of caution, we also recommend that you change your password on any other Web site or service where you use the same or a similar password.

An official forum thread has been created for you to post your questions.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Source: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eYZ2CAM

By the way, if you try and change your Uplay password and get the 'page undergoing maintenance' yeah... they've disabled it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jolt_TH

• Badnik Mechanic

• Eternal EX

• TheOcelot

Popular Days

By pure luck, it's the email I do nothing with anymore. So I think I should be okay.

I got an e-mail asking me to change my password, so I changed it. I haven't visited the Uplay site for nearly a year.

It then took me to the Ubisoft site which says 'ubi.com is currently under maintenance'.

Edited by Metal Gear -Bender-

Well, thanks for the heads up. I pretty much only log into Uplay for the once-a-year Assassin's Creed shenanigans, but better safe then sorry.

Why the fuck are these companies not getting an absolute roasting? They've got no reason and no right to be retaining user data in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

From the sounds of it it seems like its User data, so stuff that let's you know that "random"

Account name and "password" password means "SSMB" have signed on oh there is an update we should tell them, their "update" is available.

It seems like reasonable info to store, things that are used to let them and you know it's your account

Just received that e-mail and I am now going to change my password. Haven't visited the site in a while so I'll do it just in case anything bad happens. 

Just changed my password, they'll never guess it either.rolleyes.gif

Is it "password"? ;) hacked :P

Why the fuck are these companies not getting an absolute roasting? They've got no reason and no right to be retaining user data in the first place.

Free PSP and PS3 games along with PS+? Forgiven.

At least it was encrypted this time around.