Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

I'm looking to start a new feature on the SEGASonic:Radio (SS:R) Facebook Page by the start of September where I can showcase about 30-45 seconds of someones either completed or Work-In-Progress submission for the TSSMA13 & Knuckles Album.

I'd like to call it the "TSSMA BACKSTAGE" - where I can feature a clip of the song as mentioned, a bit about the artist - and use this as a once-a-week (or so) way to build anticipation and excitement for the release of this album.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 7

As for me, all I'd like to confirm is that the songs I've claimed and all are:

Angel Island (3&K)

Egg Golem (Might get a real guitarist)

Aquarium Park

Aqua Lake (Collab with Dizcrybe)

For my last track, I'm still thinking. I might end up contributing an original, but prolly not. I don't want to multi-task my remixes from mods or anything, so these are the stuff that I've been doing that are meant for SSMA from the start.

Since this is like August, I've quite some time.

Anyways, EAR. Any publicity this album can get is good!

I'm looking to start a new feature on the SEGASonic:Radio (SS:R) Facebook Page by the start of September where I can showcase about 30-45 seconds of someones either completed or Work-In-Progress submission for the TSSMA13 & Knuckles Album.

I'd like to call it the "TSSMA BACKSTAGE" - where I can feature a clip of the song as mentioned, a bit about the artist - and use this as a once-a-week (or so) way to build anticipation and excitement for the release of this album.

Thoughts?

*Breathes heavily. Fights back the need to fangirl squeal.*

Do it. Yesterday.

Edited by Mesmerist
  • Thumbs Up 4

No Copyright Law in the Universe - Stop SOPA 2013 VIP Mix... for Planet Wisp

Just a fun little VIP mix of a song I already submitted to the album. I was inspired to do this in protest of SOPA 2013 (like using Sonic's quip speaking against copyright laws as a war cry for striking down SOPA. Cheezy, yes, but that's why I did it! ^^)

Sign the petition to stop SOPA 2013 while you're at it here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sopa-2013/LMzMVrQF

By the way, since this was just a fun little thing I did last minute, the track will only be up for a limited time on Soundcloud.

Edited by Mesmerist
  • Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone claimed His World by Zebrahead yet? If not, I'm going to.

I'm also going to claim I Am.. the Story is Over from Shadow the Hedgehog (AKA the piano intro to Never Turn Back by Crush 40) since I'm going to assume that no one else has.

Also, did I just put down 3 posts in a row? I'm really sorry...

Edited by Mesmerist

Hmm, well I never made an 'official' post with my entries, so here they are:

Free at last! (SegaSonic The Hedgehog Credits): https://soundcloud.com/bestdude55/segasonic-the-hedgehog-credits

No time for relaxation (Splash Hill): https://soundcloud.com/bestdude55/sonic-4-splash-hill-remix

Restoring the natural flow (Grand Metropolis): https://soundcloud.com/bestdude55/sonic-heroes-grand-metropolis

So, a lot has developed since I last checked here, and I've given more thought to my setlist, and decided to give it a complete overhaul. So, here it is:

1. Live & Learn (w/ Joshua Taipale and hopefully Marvin Valentin) - I will be providing the vocals for this one. Should be fun.
  2. Pirate Storm - This one is not only gonna be transposed, but will include a reference to a non-SEGA franchise that recently became relevant to another Sonic canon.
  3. Radical Highway - I'd like to give this more of a D&B feel to this one, and I'm curious to see what would come out of that.
  4. Hydro City - And yes, I want it separated like that on the album. IT'S HYDRO CITY, GODDAMNIT! This one will be taking a jazzy approach, with sax, and clarinet, and PERHAPS brush drums.

I am also willing to collab with anyone who needs a vocalist, so if I'm needed, just hit me up on here, or on Skype as megamaster7941, and I'll see what we can do.

I probably won't finish all of these songs, but anything that is not finished in time, will be put on the 2014 album, if there is one to begin with. I may also try to do an original, because why not?

Edited by Megamaster7941
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have been really busy and haven't really worked on any remix stuff.  I'm un-calling Arid Sands Day, if anyone wants to do that.

I'm gonna wait until I finish some of my personal projects before I put dibs on another song.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been really busy and haven't really worked on any remix stuff.  I'm un-calling Arid Sands Day, if anyone wants to do that.

I'm gonna wait until I finish some of my personal projects before I put dibs on another song.

YES. OH GOD YES! I'm totally down for doing Arid Sands, as long as no one else needs a vocalist.

If Ungravitify from Sonic Riders Zero Gravity is available I'd like to snatch the spot.

I have dropped my claim to all forms of Un-gravitify, so go ahead and make a remix of that one! I will be looking forward to it!

In addition, I have submitted my His World remix and I Am/The Story is Over (Intro to Never Turn Back) remix to Vizard.

I hope nobody has taken this one yet...

Jazz Night at the Labyrinth...for Labyrinth Zone (Master System)

https://app.box.com/s/jgang05kshxxtu4w6t3c

This one has been sitting in my WIP folder for far too long, so I decided to finish it and submit it for the album.

Not taken yet, and I am simply LOVING the sound of this! I especially enjoy the part at 0:50 when it breaks into a different beat pattern, and I love jazz as a whole, and the general instrumentation and feel of this definitely doesn't disappoint. This is gonna be stuck in my head all day... Great job, wOrm!

Also, are you gonna submit your Blue Spheres remix to this thing too?

Not taken yet, and I am simply LOVING the sound of this! I especially enjoy the part at 0:50 when it breaks into a different beat pattern, and I love jazz as a whole, and the general instrumentation and feel of this definitely doesn't disappoint. This is gonna be stuck in my head all day... Great job, wOrm!

Also, are you gonna submit your Blue Spheres remix to this thing too?

Awesome! Thanks!

As for the Blue Spheres remix, I probably will. I might just touch it up a bit first before doing so.

Edited by EarthwOrm Jim

As for the Blue Spheres remix, I probably will. I might just touch it up a bit first before doing so.

That works for me.

Also, just so that you can see this: Vizard, on the album, I wish to be credited by my real name: Charles Ritz. So, just take note of that, and we'll be fine. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

While you're here, I wanna ask you something: can I submit a slightly updated version of "Rave the Hedgehog"?

I've said it before to the artists here, and I'll say it again: if you've updated your tune any, you're free to send 'er over and I'll switch it in!

Quick question about album covers. Does it absolutely /have/ to be based around Knuckles? I was considering an Amy and Metal one to co-memorate CD's 20th this year.

• Thumbs Up 1