Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

I'm confused. So 5 songs in total?

Like up to 5 collabs you initiated/solo songs or any mix of that is allowed right?

I'm confused. So 5 songs in total?

Like up to 5 collabs you initiated/solo songs or any mix of that is allowed right?

I think that if you're on the track at all, it counts as one of your five, whether you initiated it or not. What's interesting about that is if we get something like last year's Night on the Town... for Blast Town, which had 4 artist's names on the track, it sounds like that counts as one for all of them. That said, mass collabs like that are pretty rare.

I, for one, am alright with the rule change. I think my submission ideas were getting pretty filled to capacity as it was, and this helps. Still, as always, if anyone wants to collab with me, I'd be up for it!

• Thumbs Up 1

I, for one, am alright with the rule change. I think my submission ideas were getting pretty filled to capacity as it was, and this helps. Still, as always, if anyone wants to collab with me, I'd be up for it!

I should get back to our THE ARK remix since I'm a lot better at music now :P

• Thumbs Up 1

In the words of Daniel Bryan: YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Taipale, if you're reading this now, Live and Learn is back on!

Edited by Megamaster7941

A... remix? Well technically it's a remix of something I wrote yoinks ago, but still...

Just the fact that I'm doing more remixes this year doesn't mean that I'm not a composer anymore, okay? ;P

Alright, Time to call dibs on some tunes.

[sONIC 3] Final Boss

[sONIC 4 EPISODE1] Lost Labyrinth Act 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d_JfSp-ugw

[CHU CHU ROCKET] Single Player Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKvykL9jVo

[ECCO: THE TIDES OF TIME] Tube of Medusa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk72RMv9d0s
Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 7

[sONIC 3] Final Boss (Big Arm)
[sONIC 4 EPISODE1] Lost Labyrinth Act 1

I am so looking forward to these. Reallly....... REALLY.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/stardust-speedway-jp

Ooooooooh. Here's the 'secret' remix that I was talking about. Was trying to keep it secret all the way but... naaaaaah.

Hope you guys like it. Jeff, yes, this is a newer version with boomier drums, will send it to you soon.

Also, if anyone wants to collab with me, just tell me and I'll be sure to love to help out! :D

Have Deep Core from Rush Adventure and Terminal Velocity from Colors been claimed yet? Cause if not, I'm takin' 'em.

Carbo's got Deep Core. Fas, Diz already laid claim to Stardust Speedway.

On that note, trying to cook something up with Mad Gear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, just to be clear, Faseeh and I are shotgunning The Ark from Shadow 2005. He mentioned it on the last page, but I'm paranoid, sooooooooo, yeah. happy.png

EDIT: Not anymore. Faseeh and I have dropped our claim to The Ark...

Edited by Mesmerist
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I've never done this before... if we're interested in doing art is it just a case of drawing it and sending it in to see what you think or is there a more formal dibs-calling system?  I totally have an idea and am rarin' to go but not gonna bother if we already have enough artists for the number of discs planned thus far, I don't wanna steal anyone's place if it's a first-claim-first-serve deal.

So I've never done this before... if we're interested in doing art is it just a case of drawing it and sending it in to see what you think or is there a more formal dibs-calling system?  I totally have an idea and am rarin' to go but not gonna bother if we already have enough artists for the number of discs planned thus far, I don't wanna steal anyone's place if it's a first-claim-first-serve deal.

I only joined last year, but I think how it works is that once submissions are announced you say that you're going to do an album cover and if it gets chosen then it's going to be used. So from what I saw there's no "dibs system."

I already started mine early before work gets more busy in the coming months:

sonicandknuckles_zps26ad709b.png

I hope someone gets the reference.

Edited by El Driver
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh. Diz got Stardust Speedway then.

So, for now, I've only got the original song in.

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/aquarium-park

I want to give this in but I want to think twice about it.

And yes, The Ark. with Mesmerist.

EDIT: I'd like to 'un-claimed' my original song back, I suddenly have a feeling that originals just don't belong too well in a mostly remixes album for me. I'll take Aquarium Park if nobody has taken it and the remix up there is the one I'll send. I'll claim The Ark with Mesmerist. That's all for now.

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 1

sonicandknuckles_zps26ad709b.png

I hope someone gets the reference.

The OVA, right after Metal Robotnik is defeated. "My man, cool!"

I suddenly have a feeling that originals just don't belong too well in a mostly remixes album for me.

Ahem...

The OVA, right after Metal Robotnik is defeated. "My man, cool!"

It's a "modern" take on the cover for the Sonic & Knuckles PC collection:

Sonic_and_Knuckles_Collection_SegaPC_A.j

....but it can totally be a reference to the OVA as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

-It's an album coming from The Sonic Stadium, so it's only natural that the cover must be themed as such... but this time, we've got Knuckles thrown in the mix!

I hope we still get to see some other characters in the album covers smile.png I think some of 2012's covers even included multiple characters.

Edited by Frogging101

Uhh so... I just like, put this here right.

w1lb.png

(Please tell me there'll be an official logo because I am awful at logos and wording and stuff and the text here is 100% intended as placeholder).

I only know how to draw girls so you get Girl Knuckles on my submission.

For those interested this was mainly inspired by "Freefall" from Sonic After The Sequel and Carbo's "Sanctuary's Precipice [Hidden Palace]" from TSSMA '11).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 5

Back 2 Back Remix WIP

I dunno, I think it sounds too much like the original.

I think it sounds way too muddy, and you've got stuff that really ought to be center-panned way out on either end of the left and right. (Plus a bit out of key in places - but WiP so big deal)

Maybe you can take some inspiration from the source?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WhHWFHsLUc

I think it sounds way too muddy, and you've got stuff that really ought to be center-panned way out on either end of the left and right. (Plus a bit out of key in places - but WiP so big deal)

Maybe you can take some inspiration from the source?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WhHWFHsLUc

I did all that panning because I was drawing inspiration from Fatboy Slim, who does stuff like that all the time. And Stu of key? Where?

I don't exactly know what you mean by "muddy"?