Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

I did all that panning because I was drawing inspiration from Fatboy Slim, who does stuff like that all the time. And Stu of key? Where?

I don't exactly know what you mean by "muddy"?

AH! FBS! Gotcha, Don't listen to me on that one then.

(Some of the lil guitar riffs sound a bit offkey)

Muddy: Listening term. A sound that is poorly defined, sloppy or vague. For example, a "muddy" bass is often boomy with all the notes tending to run together.

Basically it's a lot of low-mid's that can't be clearly defined. I'm hearing it with the kickdrum and lower chugging guitar chords...they sound like they could use some brightening up.

I wouldn't worry to much though, If your going for something like FBS - then It'd be better to wait until you've got it more fleshed out before getting into stuff like this.

AH! FBS! Gotcha, Don't listen to me on that one then.

(Some of the lil guitar riffs sound a bit offkey)

Muddy: Listening term. A sound that is poorly defined, sloppy or vague. For example, a "muddy" bass is often boomy with all the notes tending to run together.

Basically it's a lot of low-mid's that can't be clearly defined. I'm hearing it with the kickdrum and lower chugging guitar chords...they sound like they could use some brightening up.

I wouldn't worry to much though, If your going for something like FBS - then It'd be better to wait until you've got it more fleshed out before getting into stuff like this.

I see.

I turned down the lower frequencies in two of the drum loops and the guitar chords. I dunno if that's what you mean, but it doesn't sounds quite as bassy.

Soooo...I said earlier that:

EDIT: Also we have an original song planned. It will be a prequel to Mechanized Carnage from the 2011 album.

Well...it ended up being the sequel instead. Full story (I guess) below:

The last track explored the thought of (Neo) Metal Sonic making a bad future for him to rule. In this one, Sonic arrives to the scene too late and witnesses the robotic chaos going on (0:00-1:54). He explores the robotic wasteland in search of the one behind all of this (1:55-3:10). After long searching, he finds Metal Sonic and the two engage in a final showdown (3:10-5:19). With Sonic's victory, peace would soon be restored to the land (5:20-the end).

That was more or less the idea.

Yeesh...this song is longer than we thought it'd turn out...

Without further ado, here is (the almost finished version of) Mechanized Carnage ~Sonic's Rebellion~!

This isn't the finished product. Of course if there's any thing you guys wanna say about it, feel free. Also, just like the last one, this one will have voice clips and stuff.

EDIT: To save space for the artist name, just mark us down as AR-7130.

Edited by AR The Servbot

So, I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but why exactly are we "claiming" songs? I remember it happening last year too, but it didn't really prevent multiple people from covering some of the same tracks. Not saying that it's a bad thing; I just don't really see the point in calling dibs on these. I mean, even in the opening post, Jeff was just saying that we shouldn't have like six mixes of the some song, so I think it's more of a case of not going overboard with the same song rather than "only one artist can cover each track."

With that being said, I think I might do another mix from Sonic Blast (I have no idea why I feel compelled to cover something from that game again), so I don't think I have to worry about anyone fighting over mixing claims with me in the first place. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

So, I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but why exactly are we "claiming" songs?

I'd guess it's just so people aren't all secretly working on the same songs.  By saying in advance what you're doing it at least encourages people to consider other songs more than they would have done otherwise?

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of which, I call dibs on Aqua Lake Zone or Sky High if the former is taken.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd guess it's just so people aren't all secretly working on the same songs.  By saying in advance what you're doing it at least encourages people to consider other songs more than they would have done otherwise?

Hmm, that's a pretty good way of putting it. I just thought it was kind of weird seeing everyone say "I'm claiming this track" or "I call dibs on this track" rather than "I'm covering this track."

Forget it, I'm backing out(for the third time in a row) my laptop with all my precious virtual instruments is in repair, and my current laptop sucks.

Edited by Silverfang

Ugh.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and drop my claim to "Can You Feel the Sunshine" by TJ Davis from Sonic R's Resort Island. (I'll still be doing a remix for "Work It Out" from Reactive Factory, though.) For reasons why, check this out below:

I was trying to go for a sort of scary/creepy "Tails Doll" Electro House remix in the style of Knife Party. I forgot that I have no idea how to use NI Massive at all and so I can't really produce the screetchy/wubby sounds needed to produce a sufficiently loud and scary remix of "Can You Feel the Sunshine"

I came up with some fairly good-sounding stuff for the piece before adding the drop and some lyrics here, in case anyone wants to use this and give it a go themselves:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/2ejozoox310z4fo/TailsDollKnifePartyWIP2.mp3

Maybe I'll expand upon this someday and post it to Soundcloud independent of TSSMA. Who knows, but if you want to use any of the audio file or FL Studio file so far to make your own remix, go ahead.

In any case, I will be replacing Resort Island with a track that will combine themes from "Open Your Heart" by Crush 40 and "Un-Gravitify (The Electro Extended Remix)" from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity's Title Screen. God-Willing, it will be a remix I can actually manage doing...

EDIT: I have dropped my claim to all forms of Un-Gravitify and Open your Heart

Edited by Mesmerist
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, for those of you keeping score at home, here's what I have finished or planned for the collab so far:

Finished Tracks:

No Copyright Law in the Universe... for Planet Wisp
https://soundcloud.com/mesmerist-the-cat/no-copyright-law-in-the

Shotgunned Tracks:

Reactive Factory (featuring HarmoniusG)

His World

EDIT: Faseeh and I are dropping our remix for The Ark, so if anyone else wants to claim that one, go ahead!

Edited by Mesmerist

if you want to use any of the audio file or FL Studio file so far to make your own remix, go ahead.

May I?

Sure thing! Here's the .flp file if you use FL Studio and have NI Massive. I even have parts of a drop later in the track, though they might not be all that useful if you don't have the same samples as me.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/38knzj1hbm4dur5/TailsDollKnifeParty.flp

Have fun!

Think you could send over the drums samples and other wavs and stuff in a zip file or something?

Edited by Dizcrybe

I've started to plan my Misty Lake cover out:

https://soundcloud.com/matthebassist/misty-lake-rock-version

I'm hoping to add more "orchestra" soon and record some actual guitars for it.

Feedback appreciated smile.png

So far so good I'd say. I'm assuming that the current lead is just a placeholder, right? The song does seem kinda repetitive/stagnant in nature, like it seems to drag on for awhile. But yeah I believe your on the right track.

Think you could send over the drums samples and other wavs and stuff in a zip file or something?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2h0mvtq7ird11j/TailsDollKnifePartySamples.zip

That should be all of the samples. If you need any more guidance on how to apply each of them, perhaps we should continue this conversation on Skype. My profile name is "zedzeechris".

Also, thank you for taking so strongly to building on my work so far! If you decide to submit a finished product to the project, I may ask you to put my name in the Artist credits. Only if you want to submit, though. Thanks again!

Hi, all.

I hope Vizard and any others won't be too disappointed, but I've been considering holding off on creating an album cover this year. Maybe step aside so other artists can take part. I'd be happy to be a backup artist if something was to go wrong like with last year, if that's okay.

Or if anyone wants to collaborate in a cover, I'd also be happy to take on a secondary role, like colouring or something. I'll be around if I'm needed.

Has Nonagression been claimed already?

I checked back through all of the pages on this thread and I didn't see Nonaggression, so I think you can go ahead and claim it.

I checked back through all of the pages on this thread and I didn't see Nonaggression, so I think you can go ahead and claim it.

Sooweet!

I've been working on my Electro House Remix for Reactive Factory, and it's getting there but I want to make it sound better and less muddy before I put the vocal track in. You can find the track so far here:

https://soundcloud.com/mesmerist-the-cat/metalknux-for-reactive-factory

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone could give in how to get this to sound better. I've always struggled with mixing and mastering...

Also, sorry for posting so much on this thread recently. It's just that I'm really excited about producing content for TSSMA and I'm eager to hear what everyone else is coming up with, too. If you need me to scale it back, let me know.

EDIT: Actually, the more I work on this, the more it seems like I have this track under control. I will still appreciate any pointers anyone could give on this track, but it's not as urgent. In any case, I'm going to try really hard not to post at all for a while; like, I won't post for all of page 10. That sounds fair. ^^

Edited by Mesmerist

Woop, didn't this post until earlier today. You guys can count me in! I'm already finished with my first track.