Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

Don't worry Dizcrybe, it's a very precise/unusual collab so I don't blame you,

Sounds like a good idea. I'd be interested.

Really? I think I have you on skype to talk more C:

Really? I think I have you on skype to talk more C:

Yeah I'm pretty sure you do have me. alien.renegade.

Alright, so I was away for the past week and I wasn't able to read much of this. So, for some catching up...

As Faseeh said, we have dropped our collaborative claim on The Ark, if anyone wants to do that instead of us.

Discrybe and I are sorta/kind working on a Resort Island ("Can You Feel the Sunshine") remix which we may or may not actually submit.

To reply to Nemo, who said...

Hehe, it's not an issue, post away. xD

I listened to the WIP... It sounds neat, although I think the synth at 1:16 is too loud compared to the other instruments. Also, what else do you plan on adding to the mix? Because currently it sounds sort of empty without the melody and all.

...I have since worked on the track extensively and it sounds much better. I decided to bring in that synth a little more gradually and make it a bit softer. It's also work noting that I am having my friend Harmonius (the same one as is mentioned in my signature) doing vocals for the track during most of the empty parts not included in the drop. I may also throw in an element or two of Dreams of an Absolution into the mix, and per his permission, I might sample Urban Flow's Dreams of an Absolution - Absolute Mix (only if I can get it to work, though). It's almost done! 

Edited by Mesmerist

I agree that horizontal is better, but the "&KNUCKLES" text looks like it's about 3 times as large as "TSS Music Album 2013"; the sizes should probably be reversed to re-establish the focus of the title. Also, this is again up to you but shouldn't it say "The Sonic Stadium" rather than "TSS"? People outside TSS community are less likely to know what the acronym is smile.png

Well for one I'd need to work out which songs to use, and then choose verses from those songs that will fit into a mash up that both sounds good between transitions for both the music and lyrics.

Basically so it doesn't sound like a big mess. I'll think it over for a while and see what works.

I've been thinking about this a bit - I'm sure Endless Possibilities and Reach for the Stars would fit together (hopefully with Reach as the dominant one, so that Dreams of an Absolution's chords could be fitted into the bridge), and slowly moving over to a minor chord and a darker feel before moving to His World, Live and Learn and all that.

I don't think I have the time to actually make one right now, but I'll definitely consider it. Add me on Skype (username on my SSMB profile), and I'd love to talk it out sometime.

Also, cool remix, Fas. Glad to see you try something new!

EDIT: Also, seeing how my Dragon Valley remix is finished, I'll talk to Strife about it being put into SSMA13.

Edited by Can of Nothing

Also, cool remix, Fas. Glad to see you try something new!

Thanks CoN. I'm not just done with it yet. As I expected, I feel like doing a revision. Gonna add some samples, mastering and mixing fixing and change the one drum that just kinda spoils everything. 

And change that thing to a square.

I'm working on this one sketch for my album cover contribution right now, I'm quite happy with it so far. Any hints on art deadlines so far...? I'm gonna need to finish this at home as I'm on holiday at the moment, and I go home on August 13th.

Wait, before I send in a final render of Angel Island, just to make sure I enter it...

What's the song length requirements? How long does it have to be in minimum and maximum?

Also, I've decided not to claim anything and just do whatever is unclaimed. I tried Meteor Herd and there was just something off about it. 

Once I hit my limit for the project then I will send in everything as a bunch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, before I send in a final render of Angel Island, just to make sure I enter it...

What's the song length requirements? How long does it have to be in minimum and maximum?

Also, I've decided not to claim anything and just do whatever is unclaimed. I tried Meteor Herd and there was just something off about it. 

Once I hit my limit for the project then I will send in everything as a bunch.

Minimum is gonna be 1:30 for non-interlude tunes (preferably kept for the final stretch). Maximum is fine so long as it isn't mainly on loop. You can go on for a nine minute symphony and I wouldn't be bothered so long as it isn't looped!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello guys... how are you all?

By the way I have finished my second submission for TSSMA2013. The first one was my Windy Valley remix.

Here it is, my Drum & Bass remix of Terminal Velocity from Sonic Colors :)

https://soundcloud.com/mykono5/sonic-colors-terminal-velocity

I'll consider doing another after I finish my medley of Mega Man Zero 1-4 intro stage :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly it sounds like an Animal Crossing K.K Slider song, at the start of the song.

But I love it!

mellow.png Could somebody answer my question as well, please?

Well, you are one post away from the 10 post requirement, so just go ahead and reply to something on one of the other boards, then submit art here.

One tip, Alex (I'm sure we know each other by now, through friends we share and direct conversation on SoundCloud) - try not to post for the sake of posting just so that you can submit to this album - The 10-post-rule was designed for you to become members of this society instead of having an account for the sake of submitting here, not to be a dickish rule in which you just cram 10 posts in, just do some stuff for the album and never talk anywhere else. Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 4

Understood. I do intend to stick around, provided I don't get too busy. I'm already on two Sonic forums right now (though I'm not validated on Retro ad probably never will be), as well as an animatory forum and DeviantART, and YouTube, and SoundCloud (I promise I'll upload something new soon!), as well as real life responsibilities, so I can get pretty busy.

Also, I did make the posts in the Smash Bros. thread and I plan on setting up my own art thread, so I'll try my best to make worthwhile contributions.

Anyway, I need to make a start on my album cover.

*opens SAI*

• Thumbs Up 3

IM BOUT TO PULL OUT THE CARD AND SAY IM DOING LABYRINTH OF THE SKY FROM SONIC LABYRINTH.

YEAH I WENT THERE

IM BOUT TO PULL OUT THE CARD AND SAY IM DOING LABYRINTH OF THE SKY FROM SONIC LABYRINTH.

YEAH I WENT THERE

May Chaos have mercy on your soul.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm theming mine around Sonic 3 & Knuckles, unless I get bored and decided to go for another theme.

• Thumbs Up 2