Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

Hey guys. Viz here.

Health's been pretty crappy for a while, so I'm not around as much as I should.

Sonic Paradox finally released Metropolis Mayhem (their second Sonic Heroes parody music video WHICH I TOOK PART IN OHMYGOD), so I'm free to show off the first track I'm contributing.

They Are Gone, I'll Move On... for Final Zone

Can't work on anything else at the moment since I'm in bed most of the time (boooooo), but I'll get back to you guys over your submissions soon (just as soon as this pneumonia goes away - GETTING BETTER DON'T PANIC)!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, we're showcasing ideas and stuff we have? Oh well, guess I could show this, then.

A kinda homage to Crush 40's guitar-heavy vocal main theme songs - it's a very basic WIP, and I'll have live people on board by the end of this project. Hope you enjoy for now, though...

(EDIT: Oh hey the tempo's 150BPM - meant it to be 170. oh well.)

Edited by Can of Nothing

Oh, we're showcasing ideas and stuff we have? Oh well, guess I could show this, then.

A kinda homage to Crush 40's guitar-heavy vocal main theme songs - it's a very basic WIP, and I'll have live people on board by the end of this project. Hope you enjoy for now, though...

(EDIT: Oh hey the tempo's 150BPM - meant it to be 170. oh well.)

Sounds pretty MIDI to be honest. I assume this is part of the WIP-ness.

It's a concept demo, really. All done on my Korg Triton to show what I have in mind - I'm sure you know I'm usually better than that! ;P

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, we're showcasing ideas and stuff we have? Oh well, guess I could show this, then. A kinda homage to Crush 40's guitar-heavy vocal main theme songs - it's a very basic WIP, and I'll have live people on board by the end of this project. Hope you enjoy for now, though... (EDIT: Oh hey the tempo's 150BPM - meant it to be 170. oh well.)
Its interesting I'll say that much. I'll obviously assume this is a simple placeholder-- a basic idea of the song progression and melody. I'm sure the final version will be great to hear.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't hide this thing anymore! I wanna share it! It'll only be up for maybe this week and then I'm taking it back down off the site, but I would REALLY like to submit this for the album because it's the first collab I've ever done and it turned out better than I'd hoped. It's the full version of the Bomber Barbara Radical Remix (changed the name again), which is a collab I did with Wario.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/11417000/

I can't hide this thing anymore! I wanna share it! It'll only be up for maybe this week and then I'm taking it back down off the site, but I would REALLY like to submit this for the album because it's the first collab I've ever done and it turned out better than I'd hoped. It's the full version of the Bomber Barbara Radical Remix (changed the name again), which is a collab I did with Wario.

That is AWESOME! I love it! :D

I need to get working on stuff. I've got like, nothing to show off right now. >_> I also want to work on improving on certain aspects, so it might be a while before I submit anything heh.
Edited by mikeblastdude

You know the suggestions that DJ EAR (Huepow00) gave you on this track's furaffinity page? Yeah, follow those, first because DJ EAR knows what he's talking about, and secondly because there really is a little too much bass and sounds in the mid-low range (a problem I often run into, as well, to be fair). Besides that, this is amazing!

Edited by Mesmerist

You know the suggestions that DJ EAR (Huepow00) gave you on this track's furaffinity page? Yeah, follow those, first because DJ EAR knows what he's talking about, and secondly because there really is a little too much bass and sounds in the mid-low range (a problem I often run into, as well, to be fair). Besides that, this is amazing!

I'm not 100% sure what that even means :s Too much deep instruments? Like the bass? I need higher frequency instruments? I need to turn something up? ... I'm confuzzled.

I'm not 100% sure what that even means :s Too much deep instruments? Like the bass? I need higher frequency instruments? I need to turn something up? ... I'm confuzzled.

I think he's saying that you need to turn up the frequencies on the lead instruments; this will make them sound clearer and make the track less... muffled?

Don't quote me on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a really loose visual representation of what you're trying to go for. Coupling this EQ change with a change in the actual levels of the individual instruments should provide the improvements you're looking for.

xRafNUr.png

Its interesting I'll say that much. I'll obviously assume this is a simple placeholder-- a basic idea of the song progression and melody. I'm sure the final version will be great to hear.

More or less; That's basically all that's final in that thing! I really should have called it a proof-of-concept/demo or something instead - There's gonna be a lot that's smoothened out and improved soon, such as a real guitarist *coughJoshuaTaipalecough*.

...Now, if I could only grab a vocalist for the darn thing...

More or less; That's basically all that's final in that thing! I really should have called it a proof-of-concept/demo or something instead - There's gonna be a lot that's smoothened out and improved soon, such as a real guitarist *coughJoshuaTaipalecough*.

...Now, if I could only grab a vocalist for the darn thing...

If you need a male vocalist, I can give it a try.

EDIT: CoN and I discussed this over chat and we both agreed that I didn't really have the kind of voice that could be used in the track. Best of luck with the rest of your work!

Edited by Mesmerist
  • Thumbs Up 1

Damn, Meremist, you beat me to it! There's mixed opinions of whether I can sing or not anyway. A guy who can sing but doesn't as a hobby tells me I can't. 2 girls who are hobbyist singers tell me I can. So, yeah, I'm not too sure...

• Thumbs Up 1

Lets See
I call ahead

1.Windy & Ripply -SA1 WIP version @ https://soundcloud.com/sonicspeedway/windy-and-ripply-wip

2.Endless Possibilites-Serenity Seven Rock version WIP http://www.sonicspeedway.net/epdemo.mp3

3.We"Serenity Seven" have a original song, although it has many refrences to sonic in it if I can get it in. name of the song is Free as the Wind. samples @ http://www.sonicspeedway.net/fatwdemo.mp3

4.The Air-SA1

5.and either 'Knight of the Wind or Open Your Heart."

There's my 5. tongue.png

Edited by sonicspeedway
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh, might as well plan something like that up!

In terms of priority:

1) This original song thing I've been working on (currently involving: Joshua Taipale and Speedway)

2) No Way? No Way!

3) Green Hill (collaboration with Joshua Taipale)

4) Possibly a medley of Chemical Plant, Metal Sonic and a Rayman Origins track, among others

5) Possibly a remix of Oil Desert... Assuming I manage to finish it.

I really, really doubt I could finish even 3 for this, though.. Let's see how it goes.

Here's a really loose visual representation of what you're trying to go for. Coupling this EQ change with a change in the actual levels of the individual instruments should provide the improvements you're looking for.

xRafNUr.png

OOOOH Okay, I'll give it a go! I still have a lot to learn >w<;

First of all, I'm very sorry that I'm not too active in the forums. I just kinda don't like talk in forums much, so that's why my post is kinda long.

Anyway I'm too lazy to continue my medley. I will STILL continue it, though. But it will be finished later.

Maybe a reminder? So far my tracks for TSSMA13 are:

=============

Windy Valley (mykono5 Remix)

https://soundcloud.com/mykono5/windy-valley-mykono5-remix

Terminal Velocity (mykono5 Remix)

https://soundcloud.com/mykono5/sonic-colors-terminal-velocity

Sonic The Hedgehog Rock Medley (Work In Progress)

https://app.box.com/s/9k925wvh80opplnjdgxa

=============

The medley has only reached Spring Yard zone theme. Still fixing things out. Personally, I think the lamest part is the Marble zone. Also, because the limit is below 10 minutes, some tracks will not be looped.

Well... someone said five tracks are the limit for each artist, right? I've started to remix Rooftop Run Daytime from Sonic Unleashed right after I've done the Windy Valley remix. Unless someone already took it, I'll either find another track to be remixed or continue my Mega Man remix album. I actually wanted to do original, but Faseeh said it has to be "Sonic-y" and the only song I really really like from Sonic series is the Sonic Heroes' theme sung by Crush 40 (Or whatever the name, sorry I forgot about it.)

Thank you and have a nice day! (Or night)

---

p.s. Also just for your information, I actually in need of a vocalist for that Mega Man remix album I'm working on. But it's not really important. I just want someone who doesn't have the same voice as me (my voice is like a dying bird) singing for my "Snake Eyes" remix from Mega Man ZX. I've sung it myself and made the lyrics. The lyrics might be kinda cheesy XD

Here's the song I meant, in case if you'd like to listen to it: https://app.box.com/s/uy1elhpok7q887soi9s7

Edited by mykono5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also for anyone needing it, I can provide drum/guitar/bass/keyboard/some vocal tracks if needed for your mix. :) Just thought I might throw that out there. hehe

I could type up a long message on EQ'ing tracks but I'll try to keep it short since some of y'all have already gave advise. Pretty much how I eq my tracks to keep bass frequencies from running crazy is to try give each instrument its own frequency range, or to keep it simple, limit/High pass the instruments in question. Like for say My guitar tracks I High pass "cut off" bass frequencies below 180hz. My acoustic I usually cut below 160hz but it depends on the song. Any synths that have low end I like to usually cut at 200hz but usually use automation to vary that at some points during songs. The point is to not have a lot of instruments using the same frequency range, especially the lower frequencies cause it adds a lot of boomyness/mud real quick. High-pass filters should be used/adjusted on almost everything except-"most of the time" kick drum, bass guitars, and piano.<-depends on the song and what your going for, and what else is going on in the song as i've used a High pass on the latter before.

Oo and I just realized, that what headphones/monitors your mixing with have a big effect too. Flat response is what you want. If you don't have any good monitors/headphones, listen to your song on every source you can find,* car, home stereo, cheap boombox, surround sound, etc*   I'm used to having good monitors/headphones to mix on so I don't think about it too much anymore. :P I'll stop now.

Alright, so since everyone seems to be doing this now, I'm going to update my list of tracks submitted and called so far for the collab.

1. No Copyright Law in the Universe... for Planet Wisp, which is already submitted and on Soundcloud

2. Metalknux... for Reactive Factory (feat. HarmoniusG) [i swear this is almost done]

3. Possible Remix of "Can You Feel the Sunshine" with Discrybe... for Resort Island.

I will be dropping all of my other claims for now, but I have a fairly large selection of tracks to choose from for the last two slots, so I might just put the selection of the last two to a fan vote! Should I include my His World Electro Dubstep Remix? my Ungravitify Your Heart Dual Remix? One of my Sonic 3 Remixes? An original track? I'll put it to a vote later.

Edited by Mesmerist
  • Thumbs Up 1