Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

Drifting Away ...for Isolated Island [stingy Solstice Edition]

Decided to go right ahead for a Knuckles Chaotix track, and what better choice than Door into Summer, eh? Still a work-in-progress; this particular version was put together (out of what I had so far) for a dear friend of mine who's celebrating her birthday today!

The final version obviously won't have "Happy birthday" in it, though I'm working on getting Evening Star in there.

• Thumbs Up 5

I feel like I should challenge myself... XD

Is there any Sonic music that reach 160+ BPM? I want to make stuffs like DJ Sharpnel for TSSMA'13 XD

Err... DJ Sharpnel... is err... ah well I can't describe it, just listen to these:

(I think this is the only one that people might not hate)

Nah, I'll make something like the first link (Happy Hardcore genre). I don't want to make Gabba/Speedcore (The other two) because EVERYONE HATE IT (;_;")

Edited by mykono5
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel like I should challenge myself... XD

Is there any Sonic music that reach 160+ BPM? I want to make stuffs like DJ Sharpnel for TSSMA'13 XD

I think Starlight Carnival from Colors would suffice.

I don't want to make Gabba/Speedcore (The other two) because EVERYONE HATE IT (;_;")

You wanna talk about everyone hating something? My and Mesmerist's remix of Resort Island goes into Dubstep/Brostep near the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Starlight Carnival from Colors would suffice.

You wanna talk about everyone hating something? My and Mesmerist's remix of Resort Island goes into Dubstep/Brostep near the end.

I make Dubstep/Brostep's and it's still better than Speedcore. Believe me, you listen to a Speedcore you'll hate it in a few seconds after the song kicks in...

I've heard some of it, I think. Not for me, but eh.

Still, Speedcore doesn't get nearly as much crap as Dubstep does. If you decide to go through with it, everyone'll be too busy complaining about how Can You Feel the Sunshine got ruined too worry about your remix.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've heard some of it, I think. Not for me, but eh.

Still, Speedcore doesn't get nearly as much crap as Dubstep does. If you decide to go through with it, everyone'll be too busy complaining about how Can You Feel the Sunshine got ruined too worry about your remix.

Not for you? Yay XD

Anyway... decided to ruin the heck out Ska Cha Cha from Rush because I can't find Starlight Carnival MIDI... I did this in an hour probably... turn you volume down before playing!

https://app.box.com/s/ogh0cjkf48uks5an5f6i

Ignore the working title... =_=

For me it's weird... I mean I usually make Speedcore stuffs when in a bad mood (TBH I made one to express my anger towards the principal of my school when I was 9th grader) But somehow I did this while in the upside-down of it....

Edited by mykono5

Also, VizardJeffhog... if it's not already submitted by someone else, can the track above be submitted for TSSMA'13?

Err let's see... I've done Windy Valley, Terminal Velocity, and Rooftop Run Daytime... I guess my Ska Cha Cha remix will be my last... unless something comes up in my mind for the 5th submission slot...

Is there any Sonic music that reach 160+ BPM?

there is /now/ ^_^

EAR - Follow Me

EAR - Assault on the Ocean Base

EAR - Mind Body Soul

EAR - We Fear the Light

Plenty of original sources well about 160bpm to play with.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just wanna get signed on for Rusty Ruin Act 1 from 3D Blast on Saturn.

Mega Collection - Options Extras

Sonic CD JP - Wacky Workbench (PAST)

SA 1 - Speed Highway At Dawn (I dunno if another remix of this is allowed but if not lemme know Jeff)

I'll let ya know on another post if I wanna do something else.

BTW - Just to restate the tunes I plan on remixing:

[sONIC 3] Final Boss
[sONIC 4 EPISODE1] Lost Labyrinth Act 1
[VECTORMAN] Ocean
[CHU CHU ROCKET] Single Player Theme
[ECCO: THE TIDES OF TIME] Tube of Medusa
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ugh... well... you may kill me if you HATE it... I said HATE, not DON'T LIKE... argh nevermind, either way just kill me if you dislike it... XD

SKA CHA CHA (mykono5 OHSH1T ITSGABBA Remix)

https://soundcloud.com/mykono5/ska-cha-cha-mykono5-ohsh1t

WARNING: 200 BPM

Pretty much my crappiest remix... I'm sure will say... err...
"What is this noise I'm listening to?", "I don't know WTF did I just listen", etc. <-Most reactions to Gabber/Speedcore genre in the internet.
This song kinda made me forget how the original "Ska Cha Cha" sounds like (And yes, I just listened to the original one for a few minutes :U) I don't think I'll change the guy saying "Bass onshitsusong" with me or other person saying "Ska Cha Cha" or something. I tried it and it sounds worse than the first one. I want to submit it for TSSMA'13, maybe at least until I either make a Happy Hardcore, Drum & Bass, or Dubstep version of it XD

Enjoy it! (Or vomit it XD)

P.S. To the mod/admin/person that started TSSMA'13, if you're going to put this up on TSSMA'13, it's your choice to change it to "Ska Cha Cha (mykono5 Remix)" or leave it like above. I'm just trying to be funny by adding "OHSH1T ITSGABBA" smile.png

Edited by mykono5

I'm even working on a vocal mix for this one that will hopefully crank up the ridiculousness, too. 

Hello! *wave* I hope it is not too late for more joiners and whatnot, I have not read over the entire thread. If so, I would love to be a part of the project!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey, hi, and yaay one more person!

Anyways guys, I'd like to ask something.

So after you guys remix/make a song, you mix it. Then you master it.

Now, during mastering, you add your filters, your EQ and sidechain and export.

Now here's where I am having trouble, is there like a perfect way to sidechain or like what's the purpose of it, and how do you know if you do it right? Google and video tutorials just show us how they do it but don't really explain what's happening so it'd be nice if someone could explain.

Anyways, gonna start on my 3rd song for TSSMA soon :D

Now here's where I am having trouble, is there like a perfect way to sidechain or like what's the purpose of it, and how do you know if you do it right? Google and video tutorials just show us how they do it but don't really explain what's happening so it'd be nice if someone could explain.

Anyways, gonna start on my 3rd song for TSSMA soon biggrin.png

I don't quite understand what do you mean by "Sidechain" on mastering. Maybe you mean Limiter/Maximizer?

For mastering I bounce/export my mix to WAV then get it on Adobe Audition to then master it using iZotope Ozone 5. I sometimes use presets then modify the stuffs a bit (Mostly EQ and Maximizer).

And good luck starting your 3rd song for TSSMA :P

The way I use sidechaining is to duck a sample under the kick drum. Like in House music.

The way I use sidechaining is to duck a sample under the kick drum. Like in House music.

I do it on my Liquid Drum & Bass tracks.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure not a lot of people gonna like my Ska Cha Cha remix. I'm working on Apotos Daytime remix to replace it, meh maybe making it happier...

EDIT: That doesn't mean I want it to be pulled out now. It depends on how lazy I am... if I'm too lazy and don't wanna do Apotos Daytime remix, then I'll keep the Ska Cha Cha...

Edited by mykono5

My, Windmill Isle Day (Apotos) seem to be a popular one this year. I would've submitted my own rendition had that not been the case, but we of course don't want another Scrap Brain incident.

Anyways, gonna start on my 3rd song for TSSMA soon biggrin.png

Do you use FL Studio? If so, Skype me sometime and I think I can help you out!

ummmm CoN, I use both. I tried my best to learn sidechaining and I think I got it, I'll ask you if I'm right later Mes!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure not a lot of people gonna like my Ska Cha Cha remix. I'm working on Apotos Daytime remix to replace it, meh maybe making it happier...

I'm very sure Josh claimed it very early and is still working on it (I asked) and we've been going one remix per track... (yes josh will update his status later)

Oh and Josh also decided to help me out on Egg Golem so here's my current song list.

Aqua Lake - with Dizcrybe

Egg Golem - ft. Joshua Taipale

Angel Island (Interlude)

Cyber Track

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm very sure Josh claimed it very early and is still working on it (I asked) and we've been going one remix per track... (yes josh will update his status later)

Darn it... okay then, maybe I'll crap up my Ska Cha Cha remix even more, or maybe Rock it up...

Also...

WOULD ANYONE COLLABORATE WITH ME?!

Geez, I've only done it once with my classmate remixing Skrillex's "Summit", and he was just adding tips where to put this or that or whatever... I did most the works TT_TT

I do various Electronic Dance Music genres (List on my Signature), and I can make (Well, pretty suck?) Rock music on my laptop...

Darn it... okay then, maybe I'll crap up my Ska Cha Cha remix even more, or maybe Rock it up...

Also...

WOULD ANYONE COLLABORATE WITH ME?!

Geez, I've only done it once with my classmate remixing Skrillex's "Summit", and he was just adding tips where to put this or that or whatever... I did most the works TT_TT

I do various Electronic Dance Music genres (List on my Signature), and I can make (Well, pretty suck?) Rock music on my laptop...

I think I'm good for one more collab.