Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

Just noticed, the deadline is a day after Hedgehog Day. And not only is it Hedgehog Day, but the 10th anniversary of Sonic 3. Maybe that has to do with the album title?

Ah well, I'm just rambling tongue.png All my submissions are in now, can't wait for everything to come together!

EDIT: Did I say 10 years? I meant 20 :P

I know just last page I said I still intended to make something, but honestly it's not gonna happen.

My interest fell as the year went on sadly, and on top of that a lot more things I needed to prioritize over this gained in that time too. So with that I just don't think I'm gonna cut it this year guys, sorry. Hopefully next year the planets align for me better though.

Anyway I've been staying away from most submissions so I can view them when this releases, so can't wait guys, good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

I know just last page I said I still intended to make something, but honestly it's not gonna happen.

My interest fell as the year went on sadly, and on top of that a lot more things I needed to prioritize over this gained in that time too. So with that I just don't think I'm gonna cut it this year guys, sorry. Hopefully next year the planets align for me better though.

Anyway I've been staying away from most submissions so I can view them when this releases, so can't wait guys, good luck!

Sucks to hear it, man. I can kind of understand where you're coming from though. I haven't had a lot of time to work either. I'll still have something to turn in, though, I can assure you all that.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a real shame. I really enjoyed some of your songs from last years Album, but I can totally understand having the ups and downs of composing.

Hopefully things clear up for you soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

Been too busy working on my own singles & albums for the coming year to spend enough time working on much else than my planned Vectorman remix - and only because it's PART of said forthcoming albums.

I'm sick with the flu right now and I seriously doubt I'll be working on audio for the next week or two - so there's a fantastic chance I will contribute nothing to this album.

To be honest, I'm pretty okay with that.  After the last album I was really irritated over the serious lack of oversight in the planning/promoting/releasing of something that quite frankly - was way to stupid big to begin with and really didn't 'wow' me very much.

--That said, the serious lack of community in this thread for this new album over the past several months is sad, and I really can't see it gaining much more success than the last one.

The few decent tracks will get some mention - the project as a whole will recieve hardly any - whatever.

Newayz - I'ma go drink some soup for my post-nasal drip and finish unpacking from FurtherConfusion2014.

--That said, the serious lack of community in this thread for this new album over the past several months is sad, and I really can't see it gaining much more success than the last one.

The few decent tracks will get some mention - the project as a whole will recieve hardly any - whatever.

You're not wrong ,Ear; This thread as a whole does seem pretty inactive, and it's a shame really.

Ok, so I'm a newcomer and this is my 10th post but I have an original that's ready for submission. It was done just last month and I like to think of it as music that never made it into the Sonic classics on the MegaDrive. It's called "Nuclear Waste Zone... After The Fallout" and I think it fits the LRZ, CPZ, SBZ theme quite well so I don't think it will be a problem as far as original work needing to sound "Sonic-y" haha. Below is a link to it:

https://soundcloud.com/rokker88/nuclear-wasteland-after-the

Ok, so I'm a newcomer and this is my 10th post but I have an original that's ready for submission. It was done just last month and I like to think of it as music that never made it into the Sonic classics on the MegaDrive. It's called "Nuclear Wasteland... After The Fallout" and I think it fits the LRZ, CPZ, SBZ theme quite well so I don't think it will be a problem as far as original work needing to sound "Sonic-y" haha. Below is a link to it:

I really like it, but is the quality supposed to be like that? It's a fine piece either way.

I really like it, but is the quality supposed to be like that? It's a fine piece either way.

Yeah, the quality is deliberate. I was going for the 16-bit Genesis/Megadrive sound. Thanks for the kind words!

I think the quality helps the whole "retro" theme.

Ok, so I'm a newcomer and this is my 10th post but I have an original that's ready for submission. It was done just last month and I like to think of it as music that never made it into the Sonic classics on the MegaDrive. It's called "Nuclear Waste Zone... After The Fallout" and I think it fits the LRZ, CPZ, SBZ theme quite well so I don't think it will be a problem as far as original work needing to sound "Sonic-y" haha. Below is a link to it:

Oh I like that. Nice somber piece, like you said.

Oh I like that. Nice somber piece, like you said.

Thanks much! smile.png

Okay then, 7 days until the deadline, so I noticed how each album has a biography for each contributor, will it be the same? Will I have to make up some autobiography of my sonic music experience (implying my stuff actually gets on it)?

Okay then, 7 days until the deadline, so I noticed how each album has a biography for each contributor, will it be the same? Will I have to make up some autobiography of my sonic music experience (implying my stuff actually gets on it)?

How it typically ends up going, it's usually just a little bit of background of yourself (like maybe where you're from, how long you've been doing music, hobbies, upcoming projects, etc.) Nothing too complex

• Thumbs Up 1

Being a week away from deadline, where is everybody at with their songs? Hasn't been much activity in this thread lately.

I'm hovering at finishing up a token PSO mix for my fourth but I probably won't max out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being a week away from deadline, where is everybody at with their songs? Hasn't been much activity in this thread lately.

Finished all my solo songs, finished all my collabs except one I was supposed to do with Sly4Good because he wasn't feeling it. I'll take care of it for next year's because I really like the concept of it.

I'm hovering at finishing up a token PSO mix for my fourth but I probably won't max out.

I've sent all mine to Jeff already so I'm good on that front.

It's really jarring to see so much silence from this thread, but maybe it's kinda what the project needed after that huge freakin' behemoth of a compilation the last one ended up being. I dunno, strange feeling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome work, Jace! I'm a huge fan of PSO and its music and you did it justice. Also, thinking of submitting this one to the album as well. https://soundcloud.com/rokker88/under-a-blazing-sun

I've sent all mine to Jeff already so I'm good on that front.

It's really jarring to see so much silence from this thread, but maybe it's kinda what the project needed after that huge freakin' behemoth of a compilation the last one ended up being. I dunno, strange feeling.

I agree, I think people are really working hard on there songs so maybe the inactivity is sort of needed. How strange, but I kinda admire it.

Turns out I'm only doing one track, and that's Splash Wave. Track's nearly complete - it won't blow anyone's minds, but it's still gonna sound fun on the surface :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Turns out I'm only doing one track, and that's Splash Wave. Track's nearly complete - it won't blow anyone's minds, but it's still gonna sound fun on the surface smile.png

Oh my God, the other day I was thinking "how come no one does an Outrun remix since there's not a lot to begin with" and now this happens.

I'm a wizard now

daniel-radcliffe-birthday-july-23-2013-h

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I'm just going to drop this here, as I'm having a little trouble getting into contact with Vizard.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkh1p5c000pd6mz/Haden+TSSMA+%2713.zip

This download contains the two remixes I've made, so one of Giant Wing from Sonic the Fighters, and one of Metropolis from Sonic 2 (I hope that last one hasn't already been done).