Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2013 & Knuckles

Jeffhog

YEEEUH

But unfortunately this means now I have to choose which remix to keep working on: this or Non-Aggression, because I've already made concepts of both. And I can forget Aqua Lake Zone for this year at least.

...although, if anyone's willing to collab with me on any of those, I could probably do both.

Edited by Dizcrybe

With me and Mesmerist having pulled out The Ark due to it just not working, that gives both of us an extra track.

The only submission I'm done with is Aquarium Park. (Jeff, I don't think I've sent it to you, will send a Box download link soon).

I'd like to claim Meteor Herd from SA2 for now. :)

(If anyone does wanna collab, I'd be up for it as usual)

• Thumbs Up 1

With me and Mesmerist having pulled out The Ark due to it just not working, that gives both of us an extra track.

The only submission I'm done with is Aquarium Park. (Jeff, I don't think I've sent it to you, will send a Box download link soon).

I'd like to claim Meteor Herd from SA2 for now. smile.png

(If anyone does wanna collab, I'd be up for it as usual)

How do you feel about doing Aqua Lake together?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I decided I love Speed Highway At Dawn too much so if it hasn't been picked, I'll be doing that.

I have 3 so far.

Mega Collection - Options Extras

Sonic CD JP - Wacky Workbench (PAST)

SA 1 - Speed Highway At Dawn

=P

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sure, let's give it a shot tongue.png

Sweet. PM me about how you wanna go about it later.

sonicstadiummusicadventurelogo_zpsc4307d

So any tips guys?....apart from changing Adventure to Album in the title :S

• Thumbs Up 8

Oooh, once the logo is finalised do send me a hi-res transparent copy so I can add it to my album art thus far (uhh... assuming a like on my post is approval regarding that anyway lol).

• Thumbs Up 2

sonicstadiummusicadventurelogo_zpsc4307d

So any tips guys?....apart from changing Adventure to Album in the title :S

@ El Driver, Impressive! It's really getting there! To really push the quality, I would highly recommend that you gradate the Sonic font as well as apply a slight light reflection to the top of the font. Here is the Sonic: Lost World logo as a reference: http://media.sonicscanf.org/gallery/logos/sonic-lost-world.jpg

Also, it might be a good idea to add a drop-shadow to the red stars in a similar fashion to the words "Sonic Lost World" in the logo.

Looking at the color of the emblem, it might be a good idea to make the colors brighter. For Photoshop, just copy the finished emblem, make it a Smart Object, and overlay it. If it's too bright, just lower the opacity to about 60%.

My only worry is that, for a logo, it's a bit too vertical. If I were to use that on my cover, I wouldn't be able to scale it that far down as I wouldn't be able to read the text and, therefore, lose a lot of valuable real estate on my piece. To compensate, it might be best to make a more horizontal version, like instead of the emblem, perhaps make it into a ribbon banner to go under the artist's emblem/art centerpiece!

For now, I'll leave you with the logo I am using on my cover. The download link is after the jump! http://fav.me/d6f9gs1

tss_music_album_2013_and_knuckles___logo

• Thumbs Up 9

@ El Driver, Impressive! It's really getting there! To really push the quality, I would highly recommend that you gradate the Sonic font as well as apply a slight light reflection to the top of the font. Here is the Sonic: Lost World logo as a reference: http://media.sonicscanf.org/gallery/logos/sonic-lost-world.jpg

Also, it might be a good idea to add a drop-shadow to the red stars in a similar fashion to the words "Sonic Lost World" in the logo.

Looking at the color of the emblem, it might be a good idea to make the colors brighter. For Photoshop, just copy the finished emblem, make it a Smart Object, and overlay it. If it's too bright, just lower the opacity to about 60%.

My only worry is that, for a logo, it's a bit too vertical. If I were to use that on my cover, I wouldn't be able to scale it that far down as I wouldn't be able to read the text and, therefore, lose a lot of valuable real estate on my piece. To compensate, it might be best to make a more horizontal version, like instead of the emblem, perhaps make it into a ribbon banner to go under the artist's emblem/art centerpiece!

For now, I'll leave you with the logo I am using on my cover. The download link is after the jump! http://fav.me/d6f9gs1

Thanks for the tip Spazdaxx, I was actually thinking of doing some of the stuff you said but wasn't sure if I should it. You're right about the horizontal/vertical stuff though, so I'll probably take it to the drawing board again....saying that I think the whole point of the logo was to be consistent throughout all the covers and since you are already done with yours and have your own logo then perhaps we can use that one instead.

I'll leave that up to you and Vizard though.

• Thumbs Up 2

tss_music_album_2013_and_knuckles___logo

Actually I REALLY like this one, it's smaller and doesn't take up as much room, I also like the bright colours and retro styled font, sorry El Driver, I like yours too, but I vastly prefer this...

• Thumbs Up 5

Wanted to try them out D=

vtxp.png

7ji9.png

I agree with Soniko that horizontal will be best.  I deliberately made my artwork with tons of extra space for any arrangement (the starry sky goes in all directions, not just up and right of Tikal and Chaos), but a square shaped logo could stifle creativity for designs where the background is more detailed (and thus "preparing for anything" like I did would be very time consuming).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

Okay then, I'll leave the logo to Spazdaxx and I'll focus on my cover instead.

Still alive, no word from anyone as of yet collab-wise.

As for personal tracks, I'm going to have another stab at the ill-fated Golden Axe Medley.

Well I've been thinking... Vocaloid is getting an English release this summer and I'm wanting to try it out with having some past experience with the Japanese original, I'm terrible at music but I'm ok at Vocaloid as long as I get to spend my time with it.

Would anyone be willing to do a collab with me and provide the music whilst I work on the lyrics? It's still just speculation for now, but I'm planning on buying the program any way and it'd be cool to do a mash-up of vocal songs that directly blend with each other and transition from one song to another.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would anyone be willing to do a collab with me and provide the music whilst I work on the lyrics? It's still just speculation for now, but I'm planning on buying the program any way and it'd be cool to do a mash-up of vocal songs that directly blend with each other and transition from one song to another.

Depends. What would it entail?

Haven't really given it much thought yet, thought I'd raise the idea here to see if people were interested before I got my hopes up heh.

Haven't really given it much thought yet, thought I'd raise the idea here to see if people were interested before I got my hopes up heh.

I'm considering it...

Well for one I'd need to work out which songs to use, and then choose verses from those songs that will fit into a mash up that both sounds good between transitions for both the music and lyrics.

Basically so it doesn't sound like a big mess. I'll think it over for a while and see what works.

• Thumbs Up 1