Awoo.

What Was Your First Sonic Game?

Super Sonic 7

And did you enjoy it?

Mine was Sonic Advance 2. A long Nintendo fan, I picked this up for my GBA because it was cheap, and I loved it. A few years later, I played the Genesis classics and have been hooked ever since.

The first Sonic Advance... I think, but i wasn't a sonic fan back then so i can't remember much.

The earliest game I remember playing was Sonic 1 (MD) or Sonic 1/2 (GG)

I was really young, I just remember plating those as a kid

I loved them, but rarely had the chance to play it before our megadrive broke and we stopped using the GG for reasons of 6 f***ing double A batteries.

Years later I got the mega collection so I could enjoy them all over again.

Of course I liked Sonic 1. The game started the series and everyone in my family loved it.

We also all loved Sonic 1/2 for G, to the point where mum knew all the locations for the emeralds from memory. I always preferred Sonic 1 MD tbh. Sonic 1 will always be a great game to me, holding the place as my first game and my first Sonic game all at once.

I feel lucky to say that my parents kept their MD far past the date they should've been using it, I assume everyone updated to a PS1 by this point, fortunately for me my parents had not.

Technically, it was a Knuckles soccer game I got in a McDonald's Happy Meal, but I consider "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games" (DS, 2007) to be my first Sonic game. It was something I had seen on TV and I had always wanted a Mario game. I got it for Christmas, and I ended up becoming a Sonic fan happy.png

The original Sonic the Hedgehog in 1991, i was 8 years old and my grandma brought me a Mega Drive for Xmas and I was hooked ever since :D

Sonic 3... on the PC of all things.

It's probably for nostalgia's sake that I still consider it to be my favorite game of all time.

Mine was Sonic Heroes, I loved that game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast! Had so much fun playing that game when I was little, and it even became an event in our neighborhood. All of the kids on our street would come down to my house and watch my brother play SA. At the cutscene where Sonic and Tails first take off on the Tornado, we all cheered :)

I guess I'm the only fan that can say that Rivals 2 was his first Sonic game.

Sonic Adventure on my brother's Dreamcast. I didn't play it much though. I only remember as a kid being weirded out by all of the characters' giant eyebrows.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could have sworn there was already a topic about this, but I may be thinking of the "How did you get into Sonic the Hedgehog?" thread.  But whatever.

Anyway, my first game was Sonic 3D Blast, Genesis version.  I enjoyed it then, due solely to the fact that it was Sonic, having first been exposed to Sonic thanks to SatAM.  If it weren't my first Sonic game, then I'd probably have no tolerance for its repetitive nature.  SA1, Dreamcast version, was the game that made me an addict, though.

Sonic 1. I remember going to a garage sale when I was 7 and finding it hidden in a stack of games. I grabbed it and ran to my parents and said that I wanted it. Then its history from there.

Not sure what Sonic game I played first. My first Sonic experiance was on emulators and since then I went around buying every console/handheld with Sonic games released on it.

The first Sonic game I actually owned is Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. I got it when I bought a used Dreamcast from someone. The only reason I bought it in the first place was to play SA 1&2 :D

Sonic 1! I ended up getting 2 but never 3. I used to be scared of fighting Robotnik so my parents would have to do it for me.

I didn't really become involved with the series until SA2, however.

Probably Sonic Adventure, but my memories are a little vague. It was on a Dreamcast, but it may have been a demo sampler, as I don't remember playing past Emerald Coast. Granted, I was a small child and sucked at video games even more than I do now, so that could have been purely based on my lack of skill. If it was just a demo sampler, the first Sonic game I officially played outside of demos was Sonic Advance 2, which I bought off of Amazon in early 2011. I enjoyed it when I first played it, and started to buy several more Sonic games after I got Generations.

The first one I ever played was Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive over at my cousin's house, shortly followed an hour or so later by the Game Gear version of Sonic 1, also at my cousin's.

First Sonic game I ever actually owned was the Master System version of Sonic 2.

Sonic 1. My mum and dad loved Sonic 1, 2 and 3 (...and Spinball. Meh.) at the time of my birth and when I was around 2 years old, I was given the Mega Drive controller. Aaaaaaaand I was scared of it. Eventually, they switched on Sonic 1, I saw a blue critter wagging his finger back and forth and I pressed start...

And that was when it all began. Good times. :3

After reading most of these I feel old...and also understand why the "modern" and "adventure" games get so much love on the forums. But mostly feeling old >.<

After reading most of these I feel old...and also understand why the "modern" and "adventure" games get so much love on the forums. But mostly feeling old >.<

Don't worry about your age. I'm kind of old to. Only found my love for Sonic games at a later age :)

Now I own nearly every title released on the Megadrive/Genesis. I only need to get my hands on an original copy of Sonic CD

My first Sonic Game was Sonic Mega Collection Plus on the Xbox. Funny how even though I got into video games to late I still played the classic games first via twist of fate. 

Sonic 1 (First I played in 1996) First owned was Sonic Adventure 

Well my first Sonic game was Sonic 1 (MD2/Genesis). I didn't plan on playing it, it was by accident. AS time went by, I liked it more and more. Then I played Sonic 2 some time later, then Spinball, then 3D Blast, Sonic&Knuckles and Sonic 3. In 2003 I played a game that made me a real fan of the series. That game was Sonic adventure DX for PC. The rest is history.

Heroes -> Advance 2 -> Rush Adventure -> Advance -> Advance 3 -> All the classics -> Rush ->Colors DS -> Unwiished -> Gens3D -> Generations -> Sonic 4.

I still need to play Adventure 2 sometime...