Awoo.

What Was Your First Sonic Game?

Super Sonic 7

My first Sonic game was the first Sonic game (at least, it's the first one I have vivid memories of playing). On the Sega Smash Pack of all things. A lot of people hate that version, but it was still Sonic the Hedgehog to me. Seriously, that compilation along with Driver 2 practically defined my childhood in the first half of the '00s.

SADX. I was sat in my living room, and my older sister was playing the gamecube. I saw a blue thing running through a beach with fantastic music playing in the background, and I remember almost having a heart attack when a whale popped up out of nowhere and tried to kill the blue thing. Eventually, the blue thing saved it's yellow thing friend, and I was given the GC controller.  The rest, as they say, is history...

• Thumbs Up 2

My cousin had Sonic 2 on his Genesis. My sister and I would sometimes visit him and play Sonic 2's multiplayer with him when we were children. I think I was three or so when I first saw Sonic 2. 

That's where it all began for me.

Edited by Yeow95

First Sonic game I ever played was Master System Sonic 1 way back in early 1994. First thing Sonic I ever saw was Bridge Zone and it's rather enchanting music. First Sonic game me and my sister's actually owned was either Sonic 2 Master System or Sonic Chaos Master System, it's been so very long that I can't remember which game was the first.

My first Sonic game was on the GameCube; Sonic Mega Collection.  When I booted the game up, I had a lot of fun running around in sonic 1.  But the really first Sonic I really loved was Adventure 2 Battle; played completely through the hero and dark campaigns and somehow beat the final story (I remember not beating that for a long time due to the dam section with Knuckles, didn't have the water bracelet thing).  I loved the game, and I still like the game a lot today, as the Sonic and Shadow levels hold up very well while the Knuckles/Rouge stages are better than I thought they were (but that broken emerald radar puts a damper on them), but the mech stages are okay at best. 

Sonic 1 on Master System II in 1991, quickly followed by a Mega Drive + Sonic 1.

My aunt and uncle gave me their SEGA Genesis back in 1997, and one of the games was the first Sonic game from 1991

Mine would have to be Sonic 1 on the Game Gear which my sister gave to me before she went to college along with Sonic 2 and Triple Trouble. 

Then later I would go on to play the Genesis games and Adventure 1 and 2 and the rest is history :D

Sonic 1 back in 1991. Remember being gobsmacked by the gameplay, graphics, music plus how adorable yet cool Sonic was!

Sonic Heroes on the PS2 and I loved it for the fun gameplay, cool graphics and the catchy soundtrack :) I mean sure the controls were awkward as hell at times but compared to Secret Rings, Heroes controls was a lot better. Even today I still love playing it even though I may suck and spend more time dying then actually getting to the goal :P

Sonic Rush. I immediately loved it and played constantly. Since then I've been a huge fan playing any Sonic game I could get my hands on.

Sonic Adcance 3. Got to when I got my GBA (after my Game Boy Color brokesad.png). I needed a game for my new Game Boy of course, and I picked Sonic Advance 3 out of a lot of possible games in the shop. On a whim, really. I knew nothing about Sonic. I just saw the little blue guy and decided to love him. And love him I did, immediately. I still play the game sometimes, and even after Sonic Rush and others, it remains my favorite handheld game. First love, I suppose. happy.png

My first game for a 'big' console was Sonic Heroes... which I still insanely adore to the day. biggrin.png

Sonic 1, think I must have got it around 93-4 or so. I'd got my Megadrive for Christmas, don't remember exactly when/how I got sonic 1 I just remember loving it.

I remember going to a friends house and her brother was playing Sonic 2 but I thought it was a level I hadn't got to yet :P

My first game was Sonic 1 Genesis. That was the only Sonic game I played on it's original console. I was shocked when I found out about Sonic 2 (Genesis). Never knew it had a sequel. I played that on a little plug n play. Sonic 3 I played on PC via S&K Collection.

Edited by baba

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

I think I had gotten acquainted with Sonic 2 around that time as well though... but SA2 I loved a hell of a lot more.

My first Sonic game was Sonic Advance for the GBA. I remember I was 6 but I already knew Sonic with cartoons. That was one of my favorite game for my GBA, I played it a lot ! Then I discovered the Genesis titles thanks to the Wii and Super Sonic playable in all levels was the icing on the cake.

The first sonic game i've ever played was my very first video game in general as well, Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. I played in back in 1994 when my cousins brought over their Genesis to my grandma's house one time. :)

When I was 5 I had an incident that meant I wasn't allowed to do much or have much of a childhood so my parents got me a Mega Drive with Sonic 1 and it was the only game I had for a while ( till Sonic 2 came around). I played the living day lights out of that game and became a life long Sonic fan and because of him when I was healed and able to go out again I just wanted to run or ride my bike really fast so you could say it gave me a need for speed lol.

When I was around like 6 I got Into Sonic. I had a PS2, so I bought 2 Sonic Games: Sonic Riders and Sonic Heroes.

Sonic the Hedgehog in my friends house in 1993 before discovering Sonic 2 which is my favourite Sonic Game

Sonic 1 on Master System is the first I rememer playing but I also had (and have) Sonic 1, 2 and Chaos on Game Gear.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the Nintendo Game Cube. Despite of all the hate it gets and the flaws it has, I do hold a soft spot for the game, regardless, if only for nostalgia.

• Thumbs Up 1

1st Sonic game: Sonic Heroes/Sonic Mega collection.

This pretty much is the reason that Heroes is my second favorite Sonic game,  I got this when I first got my Gamecube/Ps2. I enjoyed Sonic Heroes but because at the age I was at the time(6) I didn't ever get past act 2 of stage 1 because of the chase segment(I was such a pansy). Sonic Mega collection introduced me to the other Sonic the Hedgehog classics and how I came to love Sonic3&K.