Awoo.

What Was Your First Sonic Game?

Super Sonic 7

The first Sonic game I had ever played was Sonic 3 at my friend's house. The Sonic cartoons were quite popular back then, so I couldn't wait to play it.

The first Sonic game I owned was Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast my cousin bought me when he saw it at a video game shop.

My first game was Sonic 1 (MD) in 98, but the reason I started playing was for adventures of Sonic, at first I hated but then gave it a try and look at me now.

I swear there was a similar topic, but anyways: I think the first Sonic game I played was Sonic Advance 2, but my first game that I owned was Sonic Unleashed for the PS2

• Thumbs Up 1

The first Sonic game I played was Sonic 1 on the Genesis. I was very young at the time and I remember playing it at a booth where they had a demo unit set up. You had Super Mario Bros. on the NES and right next to it Sonic 1 on the Genesis. I was blown away by the speed when I saw this one kid playing. I tried it and sucked so bad. However I never touched Sonic after that until 2007 when I bought Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii.

I'm fairly certain my first game was Sonic Heroes, which I got for my birthday way back when. I also have a crappy soccer game from McDonalds, which I think was Knuckles. It was so long ago, can't remember.

I haven't replied to this yet? How odd...

Still, the first two Sonic games I ever played were Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic Spinball, almost 16 years ago, it seems. So my first Sonic experiences were running as an Echidna in a land of Mushrooms and jumping as a hedgehog in a Toxic Cave.

But...my memories are a little muddled at the moment about the first game I owned in the series. I think it was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, for the Gamecube, almost 8-9 years ago.

God, I'm feeling old, with all these numbers.

Mine was Sonic Heroes for PS2 and it was perhaps one of the best games I've ever played.  I just wish I made it to the last level with Metal Overlord though.

The first Sonic game I've ever played was Sonic 2,but the first Sonic game I bought was Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the Playstation 2. I remember first playing Sonic the hedgehog 1 on the compilation disk and how much I SUCKED. I couldn't even get past Green Hill Zone. I moved on to Sonic 2 and even though I managed to get past the first level, the water segment in Sonic 2 killed me. Back then I found these games to be straight up hard, mostly because I used the stereotype that you can win these games by holding right, and all I wanted to do was go fast but every time I did something blindsided me and I lost all the speed that I gained. It came to the point where I hated these games and never wanted to play them again. But somehow I kept on coming back to them over and over again and even though I kept on dying, I still kept on coming back to play them getting better in the process. Fast-forward to today and I can pretty much beat these games while at the same time managing to get the good ending in the process. So from what I learned from this experience is practice makes perfect... And the Genesis Sonic games are addicting.

Oh, I have to look back into the foggy depths of my memory.

My first Sonic game was Sonic 1 on the Master System, a version that I still think is superior to the Mega Drive iteration, and even if that is nostalgia speaking, I still feel that way.

Sonic 1 for the Master System. It was built into the console at the time.

The music for that game was just sooooo mmmmmmmm....

Also Janet Jackson used Bridge Zone music for her own song later. Yesssssss.

Well some time in 1991 I went to a Toys R Us.
I had seen the Sonic HAG Commercial on TV and there was a
Sega Genesis on display and it had Sonic 1 on it.
I played it. I think I even got past the first boss in the time I was there.
Not shore that may have been later.
Any way I loved the game but there was a problem.
I did not have a Sega Genesis I did not even have a SNIS.
I had the old NIS with the flashing red light and Purple Screen Of Death. The  PSOD? LOL
When my parents  where ready to leave T.R.U.
They dragged me away kicking and screaming.
(ok I was not that bad I was old enough to know that
 would not get me a Genesis)
But after that any time I was in a store with a  Genesis on display with Sonic on it.  I would try to play it.
This was for to reasons 1 it was the only way I could play Sonic.
2 I hoped that my parents  would realize how much I liked Sonic and buy me a Genesis. But this never happened.
Any way I played sonic 2 in a store when it came out.
I remember to things I will never forget.
1 I saw the game and there was this orange thing that was not Sonic.
And I am like what the…  I figured out how to get Sonic up.
Any way I am playing and some other kid wants to play.
Not owning the game I did not know much and the kid wants to set it on 2 player mode.
I am like ok but I am not going to be that dum orange thing.
The kid looks at me. He was smaller and younger than me.
He said hay Don’t say any thing bad about Tails, “Tails is my hero””
I thought the kid was going to kill me. I would never insult Tails again and I became a fan of Tails.
 2 I was trying to go around a loop but could not do it.
So I started to go back to get room to pick up speed.
And some kid said to me “ You do not have to do that , and showed me how to do the spin dash”.
I remember playing chemical plant zone.
I never got past the blocks under water in a store but I would try to prolong the time I was in that Zone as I love the music, its still my favorite  sonic track.
Any way I played Sonic CD in a best buy or blockbuster.
Had know idea what to do but that part what is goes 3D on that one ramp  with the floating  D pad was cool and Sonic boom was a good song.
I played sonic 3, Tails could fly that was awesome.
I played S&K  NO Tails? What happened, it was not locked on I did not know about Lock on and could not have dun any thing.
I could only play what was on display.

Any way  than came 3D blast. I hated it.
Than came the sega Saturn  we all know about that.
I new I would never get one and with no good Sonic game I did not want it.
Sonic was dead to me.
Eventually I got a N64
That was good.
Later the sega dream cast came out that controller! It  Was awful
I looked at sonic adventure  it just looked wired to me not like Sonic.
Also Sonic was talking and he did not sound like the cartoons.
No I thought Sonic was still dead.
I got a PS2. It was good.
Years later
I was in a store. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something.
It was Sonic, not the new modern sonic, but the old Sonic. I ran over to ware  I had seen it.
What I had seen was a copy of Sonic mega Collection plus for the PS2.
Some one had put it on the shelf with the back facing forward.
I could see the covers to the old Sonic games.
If it had been on the shelf facing the right way I would have only seen the modern sonic and ignored it.
I bought it am went home. And put in is my PS2 and started to play.
And than I started crying.
Sonic 1 came out in 1991 Sonic mega Collection plus for the PS2 came out in 2004 . And I had found it some years after 2004.
I had wanted sonic 1 fore over 13 years and now I finally had it as well as Sonic 2, sonic 3, S&K and Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

So my first  sonic game was sonic one  but Sonic mega Collection plus for the PS2 .was the first I ever owned.
And I still love my Sonic mega Collection plus for the PS2 .

Woe sorry that was so long.

The first Sonic game that I played was Sonic 2, in 2006, when I was 12 years old. I was on a camping holiday in North Devon, and the campsite had a small clubhouse with a Sega Mega Play arcade machine. I had a vague knowledge of the Sonic series at the time. I had already played some of those crummy McDonalds games, I knew a couple of the game titles, and I knew there were several cartoons, but that's about it. I had also only had a limited exposure to sidescrolling platformers at the time.

Anyway, I saw someone playing Sonic 2, and was amazed at the speed considering that it was a 2D platformer, so when the chance came I immediately put some money in the arcade machine and started playing. I died at Chemical Plant. Nevertheless, when I saw a Sonic plug-and-play machine in an Argos catalogue that Christmas, I was quick to put it on my list.

Sonic 2 for the MegaDrive, although it technically belonged to my sister. I was only 4 years old at the time. xD

The original Sonic The Hedgehog, bundeled with the Sega Genesis.

This was roughly 15 years ago. Still love that game to death.

The first Sonic game I ever played was Sonic 2. It no longer stands as my favorite Sonic game, but it's still a special game to me.

Oh goodness. Sonic 3D Blast. It was a Christmas gift along with the Genesis I got. Instantly fell in love with Sonic then.