Awoo.

What Was Your First Sonic Game?

Super Sonic 7

I've noticed alot of people have said Sonic 2 like I have, but many other options as well. I'm surprised this topic doesn't have a poll attached to it to see a comparison as well of who started with what.

Sonic 2 was also my first game. I too noticed that a lot of people shared this same experience. Is there a way of adding a poll? I am really interested to see the statistics on this question!

Edited by GOAT

Mine was Sonic 1 (also first game). Sonic 1 was my first original console game. Next was Sonic 2 plug n play (still have) and, I was only 5 so I did not know, pirated copy of Sonic & Knuckles Collection.

EDIT: Pirated as in downloaded via Ares torrent (my dad did it).

Edited by baba

Sonic Adventure, the real game or demo sampler disk, was the first Sonic game I ever touched. On the Dreamcast, too. I was terrible at it though, and my Dreamcast broke a couple years later.  :(

Sonic Generations officially got me back into Sonic, even though I got Advance 2 a couple months earlier and played it quite a bit. 

Sonic 2 was also my first game. I too noticed that a lot of people shared this same experience. Is there a way of adding a poll? I am really interested to see the statistics on this question!

It would likely have to be from the topic starter that would be able to add a poll if possible. Only other way, would be if someone made a second topic where it basically added a pole with most sonic games on the list for people to pick from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
48 minutes ago, Sonic.666 said:

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was mine. 

The Re-released version on gamecube

Uh dude, I think you mean Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130524183114

This one right?

This is Sonic 2.

latest?cb=20090408003424

My first couple of Sonic games were Rivals 2, Unleashed PS2 and Chronicles. But if we're talking first ever Sonic game, Rivals 2 it is. I still like it, it's nothing amazing but the interactions between the characters made me like it a bit more than Rivals 1. It helps that Iizuka wrote the story for the Rivals series so he sort of redeemed himself from Shadow as a writer.

My first Sonic was actually Sonic R... Ha-ha) But I played it so blindly, didn't even realize that it was a Sonic game, I just enjoyed it and that's it. But a true Sonic experience started with Sonic Adventure DX. Love this game so much, I spent hours playing it in my childhood, so good memories. Then came Sonic Heroes and after that my Sonic gaming experience is growing to this very day) Still haven't played most of Sonic games but I'll give them a try later for sure!

Sonic 1

Used to be my favorite but nowadays I feel like cringing whenever I see Green Hill Zone because of how much we've had to endure it nowadays... Presently my favorite Sonic game would either be Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic The Hedgehog for Genesis/Megadrive. It is a very important and adorable game to me. It means a lot to me since it was my very first own video game and Sonic game ever (I was 4 or 5).

• 2 weeks later...

My first Sonic Game was Sonic Heroes, it was also my second PS2 game. I used to be really bad at it. I remember spending days on those rail grinding levels. Then when I finished them, I reached Frog Forest. I fell in love with that zone.

And the disk stopped working for some reason. I tried everything, cleaned the disc, deleted the saves, cried etc... But nope it was dead :/

I think I might played some arcade game (Sega Sonic?) but my memories are reeeeally fussy.

So probably Sonic Adventure DX for a PC. I didn't own a home console until I was a late teen.

How come I haven't noticed this topic since now?

Anyway, I said it several times in other areas but Sonic Heroes was my first Sonic game. Due to my crappy skills, I never finished a single story in the game as a child. Even as of now, I haven't fully completed the game due to my copy being really scratched up. The controls are slippery, it's repetitive and the Rail Grinding is aggravating, but Sonic Heroes still remains as an enjoyable experience in my eyes.

...until it crashes because again, my disc.

• Thumbs Up 1

The first one I ever played was Sonic 2. It was my Aunt's copy, and my brother and I would argue over who'd get first dibs on her console when we visited. We were pretty bratty little things back then. She eventually got all the classic series games, but I think I liked Sonic 2 more than all of them, which is an opinion that's kind of flip flopped today, I like S3&K and S1 about the same while I like S2 a little less.

As for the first game I OWNED it was both Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Advance, which I got on the same christmas. I was a long time Nintendo fan and never owned a Sega, and I kinda disconnected from Sonic up until the point where the series came to Nintendo consoles.