Awoo.

[PC / PS3 / PS4 / PSV (ONLY ON REMOTE PLAY)] Final Fantasy XIV (Online): A Realm Reborn

\Lennox

Wait, so it's not $15 a month like WoW?

Okay good, that changes my opinion a bit.

It's the same idea as WoW.

Buy more months ahead of time, get a reduced monthly fee price. Actually, this option exists for every MMO with a membership style.

With so many people playing it now, it's not surprising that there are server issues. The original game had a tiny playerbase and having miles of fans playing the game is going to cause unexpected issues.

These issues will be ironed out in the coming weeks, so it's not like it's a permanent issue ala issues with the game itself. I still would consider buying it and trying it out.

The reason for the relaunch is because FF14 itself was bad.

The only problem here is the servers, which are getting expanded from what I hear. The game itself is fine.

Besides, since when has a MMO launch ever gone smoothly with no problems?

It's not even a game with forced online DRM, it's an MMORPG. I agree with Dwibs, MMO launches are not going to go smoothly. MILLIONS of people connecting at once and what do you think is going to happen?

The reason for the relaunch is because FF14 itself was bad.

Thats right. So... what does that have to do with waiting for 20 min to play for 20 min to be kicked for 20min?

The only problem here is the servers, which are getting expanded from what I hear. The game itself is fine.

Besides, since when has a MMO launch ever gone smoothly with no problems?

If one pays money for a product, one expects the product to work.

MILLIONS of people connecting at once and what do you think is going to happen?

I expect it to have an infrastructure in place that can handle it.

If one pays money for a product, one expects the product to work.

"It has happened to every MMO game in existence, I highly doubt it will happen this time!"

lulz

By the way, as soon as you connect the experience is flawless. A solution is to idle in game so you don't go through the server troubles. Since this will be fixed in a couple days, it's only going to be bothersome for a little while.

Edited by Autosaver

A flawless experience which lasts for 20 min before your kicked out and have to wait for a long period of time to play again. Sounds riviting.

A flawless experience which lasts for 20 min before your kicked out and have to wait for a long period of time to play again. Sounds riviting.

Again, this is an MMO launch.

What's being said here can be said about every MMO launch ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, this is an MMO launch.

What's being said here can be said about every MMO launch ever.

And that makes it ok/immune from criticism how exactly?

Fact of the matter is, people are paying their money and can't play their game and these problems have been going on for a week. Absolutely abysmal.

And that makes it ok/immune from criticism how exactly?

Fact of the matter is, people are paying their money and can't play their game and these problems have been going on for a week. Absolutely abysmal.

Square Enix are trying to get the game in order, having staff working around the clock to try and get the issues sorted.

I cannot fault them for their dedication.

Besides, aren't the first 30 days free, with a extra 7 added now due to the issues?

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL @ reading Hoggies sources and to see a single post = everyone (ie: Gaf).

As long as you log in, you should have no issues unless there's emergency maintenance. And as Dwibs pointed, you get free game credit.

I'd maybe be upset if the game was like this and you lost your paid membership, but getting extra membership for free thanks to this should resolve any loss or need of compensation.

Amazing... when you can't play Sim City because of server problems... everybody complains...

But can't play FF14 because of server problems... oh... oh! Oh! But it's not Square Enix's fault! No It's not square's fault!

The game doesn't work. It has been pulled from sale because of all the problems. Why are you defending this?

Amazing... when you can't play Sim City because of server problems... everybody complains...

Funny enough, that was a game with forced DRM. It's not an MMORPG and it's EA. It wasn't just the issue of server problems, it was the issue with having always on-DRM for a singleplayer game. Let's not kid ourselves here.

But can't play FF14 because of server problems... oh... oh! Oh! But it's not Square Enix's fault! No It's not square's fault!

Nobody is saying this.

Both Dwibs and I pointed out that this happens with every MMORPG. This isn't like SimCity where the dev is forcing you to go through annoying online DRM. This is an MMORPG where you connect with hundreds and thousands of other players at the same time. It is 100% Square Enix's fault, but it's understandable. They're working hard to fix it and they're compensating for the loss of game time.

Anyone expecting a stress-free MMORPG launch should probably never pick up a MMORPG game at launch. History repeats itself.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 5 weeks later...

Just got this game. I hate to admit it, but I am falling in love with an mmorpg once again. (previously WoW) 

Anyways, just seeing if anyone else is playing. I am on the server Sargataras. Also is it weird/bad that this is my first final fantasy game ever? I have only watched FFX and FF7 before.

Anyways, just seeing if anyone else is playing. I am on the server Sargataras. Also is it weird/bad that this is my first final fantasy game ever? I have only watched FFX and FF7 before.

I'm on Leviathan, on of the more densely populated servers on NA/EU databases.

Just got this game. I hate to admit it, but I am falling in love with an mmorpg once again. (previously WoW) 

It's my first FF too. Also, it's the first time I'm playing a subscription based MMO and I'm having too much fun with it, even though I'm playing alone.

Right now I'm on the Faerie server but I plan to move to Coeur when I can, since one of my IRL friends is there.

Server transfers are free for 5 days when they come out. You guys wanna go over to Leviathan for an SSMB Free Company?

Server transfers are free for 5 days when they come out. You guys wanna go over to Leviathan for an SSMB Free Company?

I would totally transfer over, but I have 3 other friends who play on Sargataras with me. Anyone is welcome to transfer/make a new character with us though! :) We just made a guild also.

My name is Roronoa' Zoro. Lol Yes, there is an apostrophe on the first name. 

• 7 months later...

Is this game even coming out on Vita? First time I heard of it.

Anyways, I got the game and I'm level 25. It's a lot of fun. Anyone here still play?

Is it grind heavy or story heavy?

Grindheavy MMOs piss me off too much to bother with them.

Anyways, I got the game and I'm level 25. It's a lot of fun. Anyone here still play?

Meh. Even if there's no Vita release, you can still play the game on the Vita...

...with a PS4. D=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been playing the game since June during the closed beta, and even with exams, my parents are still shouldering my gaming habit

What server are you on? I'm on Leviathan.