Awoo.

[PC / PS3 / PS4 / PSV (ONLY ON REMOTE PLAY)] Final Fantasy XIV (Online): A Realm Reborn

\Lennox

Is it grind heavy or story heavy?

Grindheavy MMOs piss me off too much to bother with them.

I wouldn't really say Grind heavy. There's DEFINITELY a lot of story. I've gotten most of my levels from random events and quests. I've never had to grind to level up.

I've been playing the game since June during the closed beta, and even with exams, my parents are still shouldering my gaming habit

What server are you on? I'm on Leviathan.

Gilgamesh

Btw, you might want to fix the title. This game isn't for Vita, I don't know where you got that information from.

I wouldn't really say Grind heavy. There's DEFINITELY a lot of story. I've gotten most of my levels from random events and quests. I've never had to grind to level up.

Gilgamesh

Btw, you might want to fix the title. This game isn't for Vita, I don't know where you got that information from.

I added that thanks to the Remote Play information. I'll adjust it.

Still though, what Job're you? I'm currently a CNJ, but my main Job is a DRG.

I added that thanks to the Remote Play information. I'll adjust it.

Still though, what Job're you? I'm currently a CNJ, but my main Job is a DRG.

I'm an Arcanist at Level 30. I'm hoping to build my character into a scholar (healer).

I would like to try this game, but there's no 30 day free trial and I don't like paying for a subscription for a game, so I might wait for this to go to f2p.

Just started playing this game again. Anyone else still play?

Yes. This is my most played game at the moment. It's too much fun for my own sake.

I would like to try this game, but there's no 30 day free trial and I don't like paying for a subscription for a game, so I might wait for this to go to f2p.

If you buy the game, you get 30 days for free. It's been going on sale for a while now at a price point of $12 (which is pretty much the price of 1 month). It's a high quality game and it has lots of content. It also doesn't have any BS microtransactions. You pay, you get all content.

This game will never go free to play for this reason. Square Enix doesn't like micro-transactions and would rather push out a high quality content than go the low quality freemium route.

• Thumbs Up 1

Realm Reborn is doing far too well for it to go f2p anytime soon. It's already been explained in developer and investment meetings that they game is very better off as subscription based rather than Freemium.

The fact that the game is pretty young means they will have a lot of content to add for the future. That to me makes the game worth it to pay monthly. Its great knowing my money is going towards a product that is always improving. Plus the game is just so beautiful...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2.3 is officially released.

New dungeons.

New primals.

New crystal tower.

• 9 months later...

I've been playing the crap out of this game lately and I have to say, it's really awesome!

Anyway I'm just gonna revive this topic since some BIG things are coming to A Realm Reborn. The main thing coming of course, is Heavensward, the first expansion for A Realm Reborn. It includes:

• 9 brand new areas, each of which are about 50 to 100% larger than any area in A Realm Reborn
  • A level cap increase from 50 to 60
  • 8 brand new dungeons
  • A brand new 8-man dungeon (Alexander) - Not available instantly though as they're going to give players time to gear up before they release the content
  • 2 new Primals
  • A new race (the Au Ra)
  • 3 new jobs (DPS Machinist, Tank Dark Knight, and Healer Astrologian)
  • Flying mounts
  • ...and many many more additions and tweaks

Opening Cinematic (SPOILER WARNING: Contains footage of the final moments of the A Realm Reborn story arc)

A Tour of the North (showing some of the new areas in Heavensward)

Everything you need to know about Heavensward

It comes out on June 23rd and if you pre-order you get early access on June 19th. You NEED to be at least item level 90 AND finish off the last Main Scenario Quest of Before the Fall Patch 2.55 in order to even play the Heavensward content, so if you want to get the expansion and you haven't finished off these two criteria then you have about 2 months.

A DirectX 11 client will also launch around the same time as Heavensward, and a DirectX 11 benchmark test will be available beforehand. The new client adds some graphical improvements like tesselation, real time reflections, better water graphics/physics and so on. This client will NOT replace the current DirectX 9 client so you'll still be able to play the game if your rig can't handle the DirectX 11 upgrades. Check out the video.

This is me now. Currently item level 96...I still don't feel strong enough to play the World of Darkness raid though. Watched a guide of it beforehand and man does it look hard.

Also, Monk FTW.

ffxiv_20042015_125616_zps1ktk91tf.png

ffxiv_20042015_130144_zpsdyospgyn.png

ffxiv_20042015_131750_zpski9wzycv.png

Heavensward benchmark trailer. Available tomorrow! Dat Dark Knight tho!

What if FF XIV was a fighting game? It's a pretty awesome video. Dunno why they didn't release this on April Fools though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

We got a TON of new info about Heavensward today thanks to their Latest Live Letter. They have recently posted 3 new videos:

Dragonsong: The new main opening for Heavensward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImzaaPV0UQ

The brand new Job Actions for old AND NEW Jobs in action

Lastly, a sneak peak of the new dungeons

If you want to watch the FULL Live Letter the link is here. They showed even more stuff there like flying mounts, the new areas and explained in detail about how the new Job Actions work, but bear in mind that it's over 3 hours long

http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv/v/5280683

I am so fucking ready for this expansion.

• 4 weeks later...

Heavensward is just around the corner, so here's the launch trailer. Gotta say it's pretty awesome.