Awoo.

What is your favorite "type" of funny fan made Sonic videos?

TailsTellsTales

Sonic videos such as the following. Are there any certain favorite funny videos you like, some examples would be Nazo Unleashed, Tips From Tails, Tails New Role Model, and Sonic Wannabe.

Fan Cartoons

Fan Comics

Sonic gmod

Sonic Plushies

Speakonia Sprites

Stop-Motion

Other.

I hope I not get yelled at by the moderaters again! I read the rules carefully there!

Edited by TailsTellsTales

Dr.Robotnik youtube poops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoov1HkM0sc

It made Robotnik into a now iconic character and they do manage to be funny.

Well I don't find them as funny as I used to since I watched all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well for me it would personally have to be animated cartoons such as the classic Sonic Shorts by the Sonic Paradox team, they are fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGywdfO5kek

I can't wait to see what they pull out this year for SoS, personally I hope its Sonic Shorts volume 8. It's been 2 years, but hey I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Edited by LordMetallix
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really love generations mods as well as seeing videos of other game hacks such as 16 bit and 8 bit hacks. I also enjoy some lets plays and dare i say it bad rant videos since they make me laugh. xD

All of those you've listed are fine except for those stupid Speakonia sprite videos that put really badly stretched Sonic Advance sprites of Sonic and co. in real world pictures, complete with really crappy text-to-speech that's hardly comprehensible at all. I also hate those One True Media slideshows of "funny" fanmade Sonic pics and comments which were all likely taken from deviantART or fanpop, complete with crappy music "angsty" teenagers listen to. I also hate Sonic Plush videos if done incorrectly, but I think that's really just more of a Mario thing. (MarioMario8989 and LuigiMario112 are the best at this thing, I've always loved Cute Mario Bros, and my YouTube usermame was inspired by theirs.) Other than that, though, any kind of humorous Sonic video is fine to me.

Edited by GuywithPie3376

balena productions, Sonic shorts, Nazo unleashed, sonic lost world's parkour engine, and lots of sonic SFM/gmod stuff.

Edited by King Grimlock
  • Thumbs Up 2

Whether it's animated in Flash or with stop motion, I don't really care, as long as it's funny.

Oh, and as long as it isn't Nazo Unleashed.

Lol as long as it is not Nazo Unleashed!

The sprite animations, I used to love the sprite fights to. does anyone remember super mario bros z?

wish they would use the sprites more like they do for sonic for hire, and I like SFM aswell.

I actually tend to not like a lot of Sonic fan videos because there's a startling amount of mean-spirited fan videos on YouTube and Newgrounds and the like.  The humor usually does not coincide with my type of humor, either, but if I go into further detail about that I'll probably be labeled as a stupid hypocrite, so I'll just say I typically don't laugh at them.

That being said, I typically enjoy Sonic Paradox's Sonic Shorts.  I particularly like the one where Knuckles shaves using Sonic and for some reason, the short where various characters undergo tragic seizures as a result of Hyper Sonic.

SFM=? Sorry clueless here Sonic Freedom Master?

Source Film Maker; Valve Software's official movie maker, which they use to make TF2 shorts, L4D cutscenes, among others.

Edited by Akito

It has been a while since I watched any fanmade Sonic parodies, but I remember I did watch a few. I enjoyed some animations (self-drawn, self-animated and flash-based), and I also felt it allowed to illustrate the humour better when they were not limited by sprites or predefined content.

I cannot remember having seen Garry's Mod content specifically related to Sonic The Hedgehog, but I am sure I would enjoy that type of content as well, seeing as this method carries potential, and the results from it can be quite unpredictable and random, adding funny value.

I like Sonic funny videos as long as they aren't too scary and violent :( .

Sonic is for kids! Stop the horrid violence!

Dr.Robotnik youtube poops

This, so much. Only really used to be big on these years ago back when it was a really active thing, though I still get a huge kick out of them on a slow day. One of my favourite people from that era was thechairman45, who did some of the best sentence splicing ever and great on-the-spot humor; Robotnik Drops a Penny From a Skyscraper is particularly memorable just for a single part.

Sonic will never be able to penetrate my ass.

SFM/Gmod videos are pretty much the only other ones I look for, though funny Sonic content with that is sorta rare. Especially with the people just reanimating old cutscenes or animating random voice lines, I guess.

You mention Robotnik poops and not mention the late great Boogidyboo?!

FOR SHAME >:U

I used to have a laugh at Walrusguy's Robotnik poops...

But YouTube Poop is a phase in my life I'm trying to forget about. @3@

Generally I like any Sonic video that manages to poke fun at the games/characters without changing their personality to extreme degrees.

For example I hate Sonic For Hire because they just turn all the characters into assholes and somehow that is supposed to make it funny.  What's the point when the characters don't even resemble what we love about them?

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

For example I hate Sonic For Hire because they just turn all the characters into assholes and somehow that is supposed to make it funny.  What's the point when the characters don't even resemble what we love about them?

I enjoy Sonic For Hire for precisely those reasons. It started off as a parody of what the series has become and had that reflected in Sonic's personality. Even though it's gone way beyond that now, it's still funny because of the little universe it's built for itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the cartoons, especially Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, for being so blatantly stupid and funny, and I like a few videos made from parts of the episodes.

And I find gameplay videos really funny sometimes, especially if the person playing is awfully bad at it, or if it's a video that shows off a glitch. I love glitches, they're great for laughs.

I like it when Sonic characters act in movies that are not theirs, or sing songs:

like this is one:

Edited by knucklesgirl
  • Thumbs Up 3

My favorites are mainly Cartoons such as Sonic Chaos High School. Missyuna comics, especially the ones with Blaze beating up Shadow. No disrespect to Shadow. The gmod made by BalenaProductions, Shadow759, and Tips from Tails, and probably more.

"Chicken, Flower, Egg, Seed" - Dr. Spudhead!

• Thumbs Up 4

I enjoy Sonic For Hire for precisely those reasons. It started off as a parody of what the series has become and had that reflected in Sonic's personality. Even though it's gone way beyond that now, it's still funny because of the little universe it's built for itself.
Yeah what he said. Sonic for hire is my favorite machinima happy hour show. I hope lowbrow does a 7th season.