Awoo.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Thread: Ty 1-3 All Being Re-Released on Steam

Tani Coyote

Sort of late on hearing this, but awesome news!

I only bought the first game way back when I was a kid and kind of regret never getting the sequels now (heck, I never even really beat the first game). But as of today, I know I'll have the chance.

Sort of late on hearing this, but awesome news!

I only bought the first game way back when I was a kid and kind of regret never getting the sequels now (heck, I never even really beat the first game). But as of today, I know I'll have the chance.

You can taste the budget increase between 1 and 2, be warned!

3 was panned mostly because it was seen as being a repeat of 2, albeit now with required racing levels.

• 1 month later...

11904748_10153559446632270_4688613522818

They've been posting countdown images with numbers the last 10 days... and we're on the last day.

Ty 4 is released on Steam in about 6 hours. Right after I get out of school. Ohoho, this is perfect timing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287840/

And it's live! Normal price is $5.99, but for the next week it's $5.39 as a release sale.

They also have the soundtrack and art book on 10% off.

The developers have hinted in their Ask Me Anything that they're hinging on this game's sales for their next move. They have Xbox models ready for usage in the ports, but they need to raise some funds through sales before making any official ports.

They also seem to hint that they haven't ruled out a Kickstarter for a remake or another 3D title.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I loved playing the first game when I was a kid, I got it for Christmas the year it came out. I loved exploring and running around the levels, I failed at a lot of sidequests, and I still did even a few years ago when I decided to play it again, but aside from that, I had just as much fun as I did back when I was like, 9. I got the sequals as they came out too, but damn, I was terrible at them and never got very far. I think I played 5 minutes of the 3rd one, but I tried a lot more with the 2nd one. I'd like to go back and try them all again some day. I wish this series was more popular, I'd enjoy seeing more Ty around.

As a side note, thylacines are one of my favorite animals, and that probably started from this series, as I didn't know about them before that.

I saw the first one on a store shelf of a store selling old games...but I didn't get it. Kinda wish I had, actually...maybe another day. Kinda want to try the series out.

I got to watch my brother's friend play this game, but wasn't allowed to play it myself.  I immediately recognized some elements of Sonic and other platformers and was intrigued.  Might try it out someday if they are ported to Steam.

The fourth one just looks Sonic 4 levels of underwhelming, but not Sonic 4 levels of bad, I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

I absolutely loved Ty the Tasmanian Tiger when I was a kid, I've played all the games. c:

It's really cool to see them all being released on Steam, I'm interested to see what kinda crazy mods people will make for them. Maybe we'll see a Sticks the Badger skin for Ty? Haha, that would be kinda cool!

I don't have a gaming PC, so this really doesn't effect me too much. But I'm still happy for everyone that does and plans on getting the trilogy!

I'll probably just end up getting them for my PS4 when backwards compatibility comes out so I don't feel completely left out. c:

• 1 month later...

Remember the re-releases?

Well...

568b641c7e5e2_Ty1remake.thumb.jpg.0e9e1b

The page posted this an hour ago.

Looks like the PC port of the 1st game isn't far away.

• Thumbs Up 4

Pretty cool. I hope Ty 3 finally gets the international release it should have gotten from the beginning, it and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories were games I always wanted to play but weren't released outside of the US.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/411960/

Ty 1 HD is officially up on Steam! It's currently in early access and so may change, but reflecting this, they're selling it for $9.99 for the next week, after which point it will jump to $11.99.

You get an additional 5% off if you own Ty 4, by the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got the Xbox version of the first one (it was the only version they had).

Doesn't seem special, but I'm sure it'll get better over time. Sadly, I'm proving not to have the best luck with Xbox controllers. Hopefully the one I ordered will work.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

All 3 Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games are on sale at Steam until tommorrow, all under $10. By the way, I sure you guys know about the whole problem involving Ty 3 Not working on PS2 Slim and only working on the fat PS2. I had this problem on my Slim PS2 for a very long time, but I found out the other day that it works on a different Slim PS2 that I found (in really good condition at that) at the recently-relocated local Goodwill for $20 (I'll also add that this Goodwill store is basically behind a Gamestop, sad really because Gamestop doesn't sell PS2 systems). Anyways, when I tested it (because I thought it wouldn't work and I would still need a fat PS2), it worked and skipped the Ty logo loop error. I was impressed that a slim from 2004 would read a game that a slim from 2005 wouldn't. I also noticed that the slim that Ty 3 works on, has an ethernet and what I think is a phone connection on the back,while my 2005 slim seemed to lost the phone connection port. Thought this was helpful to those who have a slim PS2 and Ty 3, or check out the Steam version if you don't have those. As a plus for Ty 3 on Steam is that it's easily available outside of North America for the first time.

• 1 year later...

There's now a Kickstarter live to get the game ported to Switch, first and foremost. However, it's been confirmed in the Kickstarter video that if they reach their stretch goals, they'll also be porting it to other consoles (PS4 and Xbox One likely). They said they wanted to focus on Switch first so the first game would be available on handheld.

Really hope this attains it's goal, and makes the stretch goals. I've wanted Ty on PS4 since the port of the first game released on PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like it's going to hit its goal. But I gotta admit it's pretty funny to see marketing change from "Ty's so badass he put Mario in hospital" to "we're a small indie studio, please give us a little bit of money so we can make our game".

I'll be honest. I love that commercial. The idea that Ty could scare Sonic so badly that him going boo would stop his heart and kill him amuses me. It's great seeing how much pleasure he takes in knowing he went to the hospital after putting them all in body casts just to scare them into the grave like all good, well-meaning heroes would.

Course, this was kind of the opposite of what actually happened so it remains a cute fantasy.

I remember a friend brought this over and played a little bit of it. I remember not being impressed or interested by it. I think I may even remember thinking that I'd rather play a Sonic game instead. 

I actually didn't even know Ty had a sequel, let alone a third game.

I guess it doesn't surprise me that he'd have enough clout that a serviceable amount of people would be happy to see his return.

9 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

It looks like it's going to hit its goal. But I gotta admit it's pretty funny to see marketing change from "Ty's so badass he put Mario in hospital" to "we're a small indie studio, please give us a little bit of money so we can make our game".

Not even make a new game just a port. Don't think I ever saw a kickstarter for that before 

32 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I put in 200 but their stretch goals atm are pretty bad imo

I do have to wonder why on earth it would take half of their asking price for funding a full port of the game to Switch to simply add some skins for Ty. Surely it'd be better to worry about the PS4/Xbox One ports first instead of asking for an extra $25,000 for skins.

40 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I do have to wonder why on earth it would take half of their asking price for funding a full port of the game to Switch to simply add some skins for Ty. Surely it'd be better to worry about the PS4/Xbox One ports first instead of asking for an extra $25,000 for skins.

Ok so it was not a mistake. I was doing a video trying to explain for others to back it but when i started re-reading the stretch goals outloud i was like what you said. Surely 1 pair of pants being added to a game which honestly are just a blue re-color can not be that much?

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Ok so it was not a mistake. I was doing a video trying to explain for others to back it but when i started re-reading the stretch goals outloud i was like what you said. Surely 1 pair of pants being added to a game which honestly are just a blue re-color can not be that much?

Being fair, I could see that as an example, and we'll see more elaborate additional skins like Sly, Shazza, and the other Tasmanian Tiger characters, but even at that, it still shouldn't take $25,000 to add that simple functionality and develop it. Again, keeping in mind that said $25,000 is also half the price they need for the Switch port as a whole.