Awoo.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Thread: Ty 1-3 All Being Re-Released on Steam

Tani Coyote

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Being fair, I could see that as an example, and we'll see more elaborate additional skins like Sly, Shazza, and the other Tasmanian Tiger characters, but even at that, it still shouldn't take $25,000 to add that simple functionality and develop it. Again, keeping in mind that said $25,000 is also half the price they need for the Switch port as a whole.

Im just trying to find in the image of current goals where people are seeing a ps4 and xbox goal. I have not see it yet?

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Im just trying to find in the image of current goals where people are seeing a ps4 and xbox goal. I have not see it yet?

It's in the video, they mention right now they're focusing on Switch because they wanted to get a portable version out first, and that ports to other consoles will be a stretch goal. A lot of people think it'll be the fifth goal.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's in the video, they mention right now they're focusing on Switch because they wanted to get a portable version out first, and that ports to other consoles will be a stretch goal. A lot of people think it'll be the fifth goal.

Ah ok. Well either way I am locked in atm. I really want that physical artbook and ost.  Hopefully this will show them there is interest in bringing the series back as a actual series rather than just this one port.

If the kickstarter succeeds and it makes it to Switch (I have my doubts), I'd rather they next release it on PS5 and not PS4. With PS5 (expectably) being released in the second half of 2020, porting to the next-gen console would seem like a smarter move. Although, I get the feeling it could be a looooooong wait.

I put up $5. I don't have more at the moment, but if by the end I see it reach the PS4/XBO goal I might up it to $25 to get the digital copy. Assuming I can afford it lol I really liked this game as a kid.

I'm annoyed they have the dumb skins before the other consoles in the Stretch goals. I'd have preferred if any of the extra effort for those or the motion controls have gone to them instead.

Hopefully if this is a success they bring over the sequels, as I've never played them.

3 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

If the kickstarter succeeds and it makes it to Switch (I have my doubts), I'd rather they next release it on PS5 and not PS4. With PS5 (expectably) being released in the second half of 2020, porting to the next-gen console would seem like a smarter move. Although, I get the feeling it could be a looooooong wait. 

PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will both be backwards compatible with PS4 and XBO, so I'd say it's a much smarter move to put it on the consoles with the actual install base + available on the newer consoles. It's not like this would particularly benefit from more power.  It should easily be able to reach native 4k/60 fps at the levels of PS4 Pro/XBO X. Assuming they decide to go for that of course.

3 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

If the kickstarter succeeds and it makes it to Switch (I have my doubts)

Why do you have your doubts? It's been up 24 hours and it's literally nearing the point of funding (less than 5k away from it in fact). On top of that, Krome Studios are a well-known development house and have been making games for nearly two decades. On top of that, we already know the ports will be released because they already made Steam versions of the original Ty trilogy. 

If anything, I'd wager this is one of the more reliable Kickstarters in awhile.  

It's up to $46K now! Only $4K left! I'm really glad it'll be coming to Switch before the other systems (I'm glad it's coming to the other consoles too) as that'll be my choice system after the Lite model releases.

Now I wasn't really expecting it to be the 1st game alone, more like Crash or Spyro. Either way, It's nice to see all the support this is getting.

Less than 1000 to go..

I gotta say, I'm surprised people care about TY this much. He never was a huge hit his games were never amazing so I'm just surprised. Pleasantly so of course 

4 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Less than 1000 to go..

I gotta say, I'm surprised people care about TY this much. He never was a huge hit his games were never amazing so I'm just surprised. Pleasantly so of course 

One of the few multi platform collect a thons around that era, makes sense. I’d imagine Ty is around the same nostalgia level as Battle for Bikini Bottom for some.

A little from the latest backer update

LET'S STRETCH!

So next up is the $75,000USD stretch goal:

At this stretch goal, we'll add shorts customization... I mean character customization... to TY.

We'll have a selection of different skins to choose from, some of which will be unlocked as you play the game, some will be available from the moment you start playing. None of the skins will be locked behind "real money" expenditure (or even opal purchasing), and all skins will be available to all users (even those who buy the game at retail, from the eShop, when it is released) - ie, there will not be any "backer specific" skins.

The skins will be made by Space Captain Steve himself.

Stay tuned for some more info on those to-be-announced stretch goals... coming soon!

Once again, thank you for the support - it's wonderful to see that our little orange rat is still going strong!

Show support and stay involved

>150,000 dollars

Oooooh boy, that seems like a bit of a serious stretch to me. Hope it makes it, as I'd love to play it on PS4 with trophy support but I'm feeling kinda doubtful honestly...

At 150k? The games funds have slowed WAY down since first reveal 😕 id hope to see xbox and ps but its going to need serious love push

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah... If I don't see it hitting the PS4 goal by the end, I'll pull my money. It won't hurt them or anything, but if I can't actually get the game, I'm not really interested.

Seems like the console ports have given it a kick of life, it’s managed to gain another 10k between yesterday, and today, and finally getting past the skin functionality goal.

7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

These things typically pick up a lot in the final days.

Depends on the game. Shantae, MN9 *shudder*, indivisible,  hit theirs rather fast?

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Depends on the game. Shantae, MN9 *shudder*, indivisible,  hit theirs rather fast?

Kickstarters in general all go through a lull and pick up a lot in the final few days.

Ty was never a big deal even during its prime. So this Kickstarter is getting a modest success that won't be anything like MN9.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Kickstarters in general all go through a lull and pick up a lot in the final few days.

Ty was never a big deal even during its people. So this Kickstarter is getting a modest success that won't be anything like MN9.

Lol mn9 was a train wreck from the start but oh how we mm Dan's all fell for it so hard XD

But yea ty was a select fandom I guess

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 2:59 AM, Marcello said:

I put up $5. I don't have more at the moment, but if by the end I see it reach the PS4/XBO goal I might up it to $25 to get the digital copy. Assuming I can afford it lol I really liked this game as a kid.

Big update - they've hit 100k. Because of this, they will be supporting one additional platform. Everyone can now vote for either PS4 or Xbox One.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Big update - they've hit 100k. Because of this, they will be supporting one additional platform. Everyone can now vote for either PS4 or Xbox One.

That's awesome. I only skimmed through the update and completely missed that lol Sadly, Kickstarter seems to be down right now, so I can't vote yet.

PS4 will probably win. Sorry for Xbox owners. Hopefully it still makes the 150,000 goal, so everyone can play it.

Edit: lol right after posting this I was leaving for work and saw on my phone that I got an email for the 12th update. The one I skimmed through was the 11th. Would be pretty embarrassing if I'd read the 12th and somehow missed that news 😂

Also sounds like the losing option will still be made, just later. So, that's nice.