Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Ming Ming Hatsune

I originally posted this on the PS4 thread, but I have a feeling this game will need a thread of its own.

Posted from Insomniac Games' facebook page...

69521_10151783192714853_1024062355_n.jpg

That thing looks quite similar to a Jak portal. Could it be a Ratchet X Jak crossover?

Full announcement tomorrow probably from IGN or Insomniac Games' Facebook page...whichever comes first.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Wait, arent insomaniac multiplat now, what if it comes to Wii-u as well!

When worlds collide... who says it has to be just two worlds?

Jax + Ratchet vs Chimera... .... oh my.

Sony's been teasing this first, more than likely a PS4 exclusive.

Especially since it looks quite likely that it could be Ratchet and/or Jak!

It's mostly a Sony exclusive since it has been also posted on Sony's Facebook page....

And it has a Jak-like portal on the poster...

Holy shit, that looks like the Rift Ring from Jak 2....

C-could it finally be happening? Could we finallly be getting not only more Jak gameplay, but a proper Ratchet and Jak crossover!?

Oh man...

Also the heroes' return kind of gives it away since Jak and Daxter hasn't had a proper release since Jak 3.

Edited by Gryo Man

Guess no Jak then... Ah well, Ratchet and Clank are pretty aight on their own!

Here's hoping it's finally something worthy of succeeding A Crack In Time.

Mega Man and Sonic have a cross over, it's time for maybe Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter, with a small gem total of Spyro on the end lol.

Worrlds collides usualy refers to a crossover...

Though what I dont get is that Insomaniac refer themselves to multiplat, but I havent seen thbem release anything on wii-u though,l and they would proably appreciate it

Huh......then I wonder what the whole "world's collide" bit entails.

Maybe they are speaking literally.

• Thumbs Up 1

WHY is this game being developed for PS3?

But, anyway nothing's confirmed until tomorrow.

Worrlds collides usualy refers to a crossover...

Though what I dont get is that Insomaniac refer themselves to multiplat, but I havent seen thbem release anything on wii-u though,l and they would proably appreciate it

It does yeah...

Nintendo would have to approach them or something for it to happen.

If this game was on the Wii U, that'll be the first time a Ratchet game would ever be on a Nintendo system. I highly doubt that as Ratchet and Clank has always been on a Sony console/handheld.

"Worlds Collide" doesn't necessarily implicate it being a crossover. The Future arc already dealt with transdimensional adventures, if it's a Ratchet game this particular concept sounds feasible within it's own universe.

If this game was on the Wii U, that'll be the first time a Ratchet game would ever be on a Nintendo system. I highly doubt that as Ratchet and Clank has always been on a Sony console/handheld.

Ratchet is a Sony IP. Despite Insomniac being third party that would never happen.

• Thumbs Up 3

This will never happen, as Sony OWNS the Ratchet & Clank IP. Insomniac just develop games for them.

This seems exciting, I hope it is a good jak and rachet crossover, that would be awesome.

Also, do they say jaks name differently in other countries or is the jax thing a misspelling.

But just for reference, here is the Rift Ring from Jak 2

320px-Rift_Gate.jpg

Looks kinda similar, which is why the picture in the OP immediately gave me Jak vibes.

This seems exciting, I hope it is a good jak and rachet crossover, that would be awesome.

Also, do they say jaks name differently in other countries or is the jax thing a misspelling.

It's a misspelling. Sorry. Reedited the post. ^^;;

Well if it's new Rachet I hope it's as good as the original trilogy or the Future games.

I've been playing Rachet 2 and it's really fun so I hope this game is as good as those games. 

Holy fucking shit. A new Ratchet game is exactly what I fucking needed.

If the game actually is Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus then that means that it's based off of the cancelled PS2 game that later because Deadlocked that was originally called Ratchet and Clank: Nexus. The story involved two alien races at war which ties into the Worlds Collide bit in the promo image.

I'm in full blown obsessive fanboy mode. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 4

Maybe its a potential cross-buy tittle across the PS3, Vita and PS4?  I have no doubt that LBP 3 and whatever Sanzaru is working on are going to support this type of system, so Insomniac doing this for a new Ratchet game wouldn't surprise me (they even did it with FFA, even though the Vita version was utter crap). 

I really hope this is a cross-over with the Jak series, as the teaser states "When worlds collide, heroes return"; Ratchet and Clank just had there aniversy last year with FFA and the HD collection, not to mention by-yearly releases with tittles, so it cant just be a new Ratchet game.

I would also have to say we should keep our expectations in check with this one; the last great game from Insomniac was Resistance 3 (which came out in 2011) and the last great Ratchet game came out in 2009, not to mention the games after ACiT were all just average (and Fuse ironically being on of the blandest games of the year so far).  Lets just hope for the best, I really would love to see another wonderful Insomniac game again :)

I just hope it's a regular Ratchet game. All 4 One is nice enough but it feels like more of a spinoff than anything else. And FFA I just didn't care for much from what I played.

I want a real Crack In Time successor!

• Thumbs Up 1