Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Ming Ming Hatsune

Well, for that price it'll be hard not to bite. Proper Ratchet platforming is a-ok in my book.

Hweh, wish I could get it, but I dont have a PS3(and another console isnt an option at the moment), but if I could ever get one at a cheap price I would definately get all the R&C games even the mediocre ones(post PS2, I still have my PS2 and all the ps2 entries XD), Sly 4, and proably the uncharted games, but there wouldnt be a ton of other things I would want to get, ce[t maybe kingdom of hearts XD

Before Felix inevitably makes the topic, I think I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDEPodVQBaQ

This looks really, really good. After the rut the series has been in since A Crack in Time, this looks like a genuine return to form. Let's hope it plays as good as it looks, though. I can't say I fully trust Insomniac at this point.

Oh, dang, what, there's already a topic for this.

Whoops.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 2

Welp, no reason to get a PS4 this year then.

You think it'd launch this year if it was a PS4 game? pls

• Thumbs Up 1

I can tell just by looking at the gameplay footage that this is based in A Crack in Time's engine and not All 4 One / Full Frontal Assault's.

Officially game of the fucking year candidate for me.

Dont worry T-man, this can be the actual discussion thread, that other thread doesnt even have the trailer yet XD

Definately going to be an awesome game, its not exactly going to help the PS4 though XD

I hope for an eventual port to PS4 like Twilight Princess got ported to Wii.

I can tell just by looking at the gameplay footage that this is based in A Crack in Time's engine and not All 4 One / Full Frontal Assault's.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Qwark levels were alarmingly low in the trailer.

Personally I'd rather have a full next gen effort that looks on par with the upcoming CG movie. Nom nom.

Maybe a Future trilogy compilation to accompany the new release.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Qwark levels were alarmingly low in the trailer.

Personally I'd rather have a full next gen effort that looks on par with the upcoming CG movie. Nom nom.

Maybe a Future trilogy compilation to accompany the new release.

Ya, thats a good question, wheres Quark??

Well that escalated quickly. Looks quite awesome too, really good trailer as well. .. .. .. you... know. It's hard to imagine these guys made Fuse isn't it?

This is the NC team with some of the Fuse guys helping out correct? That's hard to believe after how inventive this game looks to be. 

Love how they kept the look of ACiT but continuing the style from A4O to (the graphics in the trailer and IGN preview looks amazing :)) and the weapons remind me of the craziness we saw in the PS2 tittles with the scare and snowman gun.  I also love how they are incorporating gravity into the mix, especially when they cut that mechanic from ACiT in favor for the hover boots. 

Yay, my PS3 will have something to do other the gather dust! I've only in the last year been introduced to this franchise but A Crack In Time is single handily one of the best games I've ever played if not the best (in terms of fun I had).

The trailer looks good and I'm excited to get this when it comes out. This will be an instant buy for me.

Qwark was confirmed to make an appearance along with Cronk, Zephyr and Talwyn in the IGN article. Also Qwark is the most consistently good thing in the entire series at this point.

I think thank that will be the case; announce it for the PS3, but release it on next gen console (the PS4 in this case) first and release the PS3 version a month or so latter.  The trailer looks to have slow down and frame drops, which would obviously get fixed by release but if not, the PS4 version could fix with the better horsepower. 

Well that's two games I'm getting for my birthday now.( gran turismo 6 and ratchet into the nexus.)

Edited by King Grimlock

Well, atleast I don't have to get a PS4 now and at 30 bucks plus by the looks of it I think I might have something good to put on my christmas list this year.

But will it have Pirate Radio?

But will it have Pirate Radio?

...Now that's a good question, as that stuff was awesome to listen too while flying around space biggrin.png.

Speaking of space travel, I wonder if that's even in Nexus; remove the orbital moons and the space travel stuff and we cut 3-6 hours of playtime out of ACiT, and ACiT lasts about 10 hours just from the main story levels. 

Maybe that's what Insomniac meant by a much bigger game than QfB and FFA; a long single player campaign (similar to Sly 4) but with a lot of collectables and bonus modes for additional content. 

So what innuendo does "Into the Nexus" correspond to this time?

There is no innuendo, unfortunetly. However, here's a funny little tidbit of info for ya - One of the games original working titles was Ratchet and Clank : Into The Nether Regions

Edited by KoalaPoop

So what innuendo does "Into the Nexus" correspond to this time?

The games code name was "Into the Nether Realms", so think about it for a moment biggrin.png

Love out these games get away with these awesome tittles smile.png

Edit: I meant "Into the Nether Regions", and I was late :(, still a cool code name though.

Edited by RK64