Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Ming Ming Hatsune

The working title for the game was Into the Nether Regions.

A Crack in Time was originally Clock Blockers, All 4 One was originally Multiple Organisms / 4Play, etc.

• Thumbs Up 8

A Crack in Time was originally Clock Blockers, All 4 One was originally Multiple Organisms / 4Play, etc.

That was All 4 One's original name?!?, no wonder it was never called that biggrin.png

Oh and also, here's a new IGN Preview video. Nothing too new, your standard "announcement day info", but there is some new, longer, glimpses of gameplay in there.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/10/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-video-preview

The games frame rate looks much smother here than in the trailer; maybe the game runs at 60 frames like ACiT (even though Insomniac hasn't done that since that game)?

Youtube iirc plays all videos at 30fps, which may be the reason why IGN's trailer looks better.

A missed opportunity for the PS4. I'm looking forward to Gamescom and if there are no good titles to look forward to for PS4, I'm holding my purchase 'til next year.

Because the PS3's where it's at right now. Beyond: Two Souls, FFX & X-2 HD, Puppeteer, Lightning Returns, GTA V, Gran Turismo 6 along with The Last of Us and God of War: Ascension. Now we have this game.

It's hard to let go of your PS3 at this point. Not helping the PS4 at all.

Anyway, can't wait for this Ratchet game. It will be cool if we get a Vita port (AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME) and I'll get that port instead. 

Hype increased.

A missed opportunity for the PS4. I'm looking forward to Gamescom and if there are no good titles to look forward to for PS4, I'm holding my purchase 'til next year.

Because the PS3's where it's at right now. Beyond: Two Souls, FFX & X-2 HD, Puppeteer, Lightning Returns, GTA V, Gran Turismo 6 along with The Last of Us and God of War: Ascension. Now we have this game.

It's hard to let go of your PS3 at this point. Not helping the PS4 at all.

Anyway, can't wait for this Ratchet game. It will be cool if we get a Vita port (AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME) and I'll get that port instead. 

Hype increased.

To be fair, launch titles for new consoles have never been the best.

Edited by dwibs93

God fucking dammit...now I know how Inferno feels when it comes to the Sonic series...sad.png

It's a shame that the Jak and Sly series can't continue as strongly as the Ratchet and Clank series, but at least one of them from that glorious era still remains to this day.

And all the more of a reason to get a PS3! Keep 'em coming guys!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

I'll be honest, I'm not too excited for this. The trailer doesn't give me anything to be hyped of, and the new weapons shown seem rather mediocre. I'll most likely pick this up when it's $15 like All 4 One.

Urgh, was hoping for a crossover, those hopes are dashed. It's come to a point where I've gone off Ratchet and Clank. It happened slowly during A Crack In Time, I didn't enjoy that as much as I enjoyed Tools of Destruction. That's the last Ratchet game I really liked. I didn't get in to All 4 One, or Q Force either. I saw the trailer, it looks fine, Insomniac are going all out to make this much much better than their last game products, but how much will it bring to the table, will it keep things fresh and new. Time will tell.

Honestly, at this point I'd be buying it for the brand. Ratchet and Clank hasn't disappointed me too much, even with All 4 One being mediocre when I played it on my roommate's PS3, but I'm always good for the hijinks that go on in it.

So let me get this straight.... it's a sequel to aCiT and it uses the same engine, right?

I had no idea Ratchet and Clank were into the Nexus....

WWE_Nexus_Team_xlarge.jpeg

Even though they disbanded many years ago, good to know they were fans of the WWE mini stable lol. Joking.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a $29 downloadable? You've got to be kidding me.

Sorry but with little to no fanfare and saying that it's not even full length my hype is rock bottom.

That sounds awesome, but dear Insomniac, could you at least say also a release date for the European/Japanese release of Ratchet: Gladiator HD? Pretty please?

Really? It's a downloadable game, surely it's a disc version, and download?

FFA and QFB also got disc versions.

They were still billed primarily as downloadable games, and so is this.

Aw man, why'd they have to get rid of those innuendo titles................

It's Ratchet & Clank Nexus, not Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus. Why do you Americans insist on bigger titles? tongue.png

Also, more details:

• Digital-only release for Europe
  • €29.99 price for Europe (no confirmed £ price yet)
  • Game is smaller than A Crack in Time, but bigger than games like Quest For Booty and Q-Force.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/07/11/ratchet-clank-nexus-coming-soon-to-ps3/

See the comments.

So this time Europe are the ones not getting a disc release? Go figure.

Just comes to show how much stake is being put into this title.

You know, with this reduced price thing and some places only getting a digital release.................it makes me think Sony has no faith in Rachet anymore and wants to end the franchise........... 

Which would really suck because the industry doesn't need a bigger deprivation of 3d non darkgritty platformers then it already has.

Edited by Chaos Warp

It's Ratchet & Clank Nexus, not Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus. Why do you Americans insist on bigger titles? tongue.png

Also, more details:

• Digital-only release for Europe
  • €29.99 price for Europe (no confirmed £ price yet)
  • Game is smaller than A Crack in Time, but bigger than games like Quest For Booty and Q-Force.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/07/11/ratchet-clank-nexus-coming-soon-to-ps3/

See the comments.

Digital only for Europe?! HELL NO. There's no way I'm going to listen to this shit Polish dubbing. Screw that.

Lower price for a game that's going to be mainly digital distributed? That's fine with me and that's what everyone always complains should be done in this sort of case. If it was full price then we'd have an issue.

I'm a little disappointed it's smaller then ACiT (I'd have hoped it'd match it in size), but I'm sure it'll be good regardless.

Edited by SkyLlama

I'll probably get it simply because I like Ratchet as a character (main him in PSASBR and everything). I do need to finish the Future series and UYA though. ...haven't even touched the handheld games.

My biggest gripe with the Ratchet franchise is how tedious it can become. Gameplay-wise maybe it's not for me. But alas, the main cast have great appeal, never mind the great humor, and it lures me in each time.

I wish Sly and Jak could enjoy Ratchet's level of popularity!

As a side note... sounds like it's not a full game. Anyone else thinking they might be saving up for a really big game in 2015 to try and generate hype for/cash in on the film?

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice