Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Ming Ming Hatsune

So let me get this straight.... it's a sequel to aCiT and it uses the same engine, right?

Yes.

That sounds awesome, but dear Insomniac, could you at least say also a release date for the European/Japanese release of Ratchet: Gladiator HD? Pretty please?

Tin Giant is doing the Deadlocked port. It's on them, not Insomniac.

You know, with this reduced price thing and some places only getting a digital release.................it makes me think Sony has no faith in Rachet anymore and wants to end the franchise........... 

So because Sony and Insomniac went out of their way to get some sort of Ratchet game out this year while being tied up in other projects that means they want the series to end? Sounds like the exact opposite.

We haven't had Ratchet games get released on a yearly basis since the PS2 era. I've seen more people say the franchise is being milked than anything else.

You know, with this reduced price thing and some places only getting a digital release.................it makes me think Sony has no faith in Rachet anymore and wants to end the franchise........... 

Which would really suck because the industry doesn't need a bigger deprivation of 3d non darkgritty platformers then it already has.

I don't think that's the case at all; Sly 4 got a budget price ($40 dollars for the PS3 version with cross-buy Vita version) and that was a great game that is (in my opinion) the best in its series.  I think that while the game wont be as huge as a ACiT and it being a budget price is due not because Sony/Insomniac don't care about the series, but is more of a way to leverage the PS3's large install base; Sony knows that many will be buying a PS4 this fall and are getting ALOT of games, so releasing this at full price will not help sales, so they are slashing the price in half so that way it wont get lost in the shuffle with all the big games coming this fall (not to say this wont be a big game; if it is as good as it looks it will by my GOTY for me biggrin.png).

I think this will also come to the PS4 and Vita as well; it would be easy to port it to the PS4 (and be a great launch window game) and putting it on the Vita with the quality of the PS3 version could sell units, so I don't think that it wont only be on the PS3.

Edited by RK64

This sounds pretty cool. It's nice to see a new normal R&C game. And Ratchet and Clank will be together for the most part, probably! I haven't seen the video, but the screens look nice. Graphics look great. I hope it's not too short.

This sounds pretty cool. It's nice to see a new normal R&C game.

Really this is my biggest cause for applause. The last few installments being spinoffs was really irritating. If it isn't broken, don't fix it, as the saying goes. This is doubly so with gameplay.

So...it's still a smaller-scale title.

Dang...it looks really cool, but I was really hoping for a proper follow-up to ACiT. Oh, well, if it's 30 bucks, guess no one will be losing money on the deal.

I hope they do something really amazing with Ratchet on the PS4, at least.

Edited by T-Man

I hope they do something really amazing with Ratchet on the PS4, at least.

I am hoping they use the console's full capabilities. And not just by making him so fluffy you start wiping your eyes to get fur out of it either.

Seriously, realism just looks weird with most cartoon animals. Give props to SEGA for axeing that idea before trying it.

Talking about fluffiness and all that shit about how Ratchet changed on the PS3 makes me remember how I still can't get over about how cartoony they make him look.

I mean, his face creeps me out now. Just compare it to the cool PS2 Ratchet:

Old

SPwhFQy.jpg

New 

8lD8mEm.jpg

Edited by Tmsp

He's indecisive, clearly.

He's stuck somewhere between hyperrealistic furry and cartoon animal.

Compromise is good and all but this is an area where it's very clear you should go one way or the other. Either make him look to be made of rubber like Sonic or make him fluffy with a muzzle and claws and all the rest.

Looking at that picture, I somewhat prefer his PS2 era design, he just seems a little too thinned out and something about his head kind of bothers me.

I'm guessing Ratchet's debut on the PS4 will be around the time the film comes out.

I'm guessing Ratchet's debut on the PS4 will be around the time the film comes out.

Would make sense! They need to time something around the release date, simply to cash in on it, really. Let's hope this new game is just to sate our appetites while they work on something truly amazing for PS4.

Looking at that picture, I somewhat prefer his PS2 era design, he just seems a little too thinned out and something about his head kind of bothers me.

His face was widened in All 4 One and the design has stuck to my knowledge.

Talking about fluffiness and all that shit about how Ratchet changed on the PS3 makes me remember how I still can't get over about how cartoony they make him look.

I mean, his face creeps me out now. Just compare it to the cool PS2 Ratchet:

Old

SPwhFQy.jpg

New 

8lD8mEm.jpg

I can't stop laughing at the second picture. Haha, he looks so pervy.

That screen was taken from the film trailer, not from an actual Ratchet game.

That screen was taken from the film trailer, not from an actual Ratchet game.

He looks the same in the games. Maybe a little less furry, but still ugly.

bemBDsT.jpg

Also, what the hell did they do to Clank's head?

Edited by Tmsp

All 4 One / Full Frontal Assault's style isn't really comparable to that of the Future games and even then he's still super cute. I'm not sure where all this ugly talk is coming from.

• Thumbs Up 4

All 4 One / Full Frontal Assault's style isn't really comparable to that of the Future games and even then he's still super cute. I'm not sure where all this ugly talk is coming from.

That's my problem with it. Ratchet isn't supposed to look cute, at least for me.

In the regular main serie games he looks better, but still looks weird compared to the PS2 model. Its something about the face/head.

So Ratchet's supposed to be ugly. O.o

What?

For me Ratchet is supposed to look cool or some shit like that. I'm not good at describing people like this.

You know, like Sonic.

My definition of cute is veeeeeeery different from what Ratchet is.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Ratchet wasn't supposed to be somewhat cute or family friendly, given the genre and general theme of the series, you'd think he was some muscle bound generic white guy with a shaved head.

Edited by Chooch

If Ratchet wasn't supposed to be somewhat cute or family friendly, given the genre and general theme of the series, you'd think he was some muscle bound generic white guy with a shaved head.

Judging from the American boxart from the original games, I HIGHLY doubt that was the case...

In Japan however

ratchet3-j-jpg.jpg

Edited by Gryo Man
  • Thumbs Up 2

Judging from the American boxart from the original games, I HIGHLY doubt that was the case...

In Japan however

ratchet3-j-jpg.jpg

Uh, yeah, you want "ugly"?

Because whatever that is, it's certainly not "cute".

I thought cute and cool would be his main aesthetic choices. I think he pulls both off fairly well. I just think that he looks really bizarre as a mixture of realistic and cartoony. It's one way or the other, people.

Naturally my "cute" meter is a bit different than most given that I am a furry. So my view on furry aesthetics is a bit biased.

I will say I think the wider face since All 4 One looks a bit weird.